It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus, Aliens, and Salvation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It was only a meager 20 years ago that we finally had proof that exoplanets existed - Planets revolving around a star other than our own. Since then, many more have been found, some within what we consider the "habitable zone".

We have absolutely no idea how large the universe is, we can only measure the extent by receiving light from the farthest border which is as slow as a snail in cosmic terms.

We also know that many, if not most stars, have exoplanets.

Onto Jesus:

Jesus is said to have died for our sins so that we can gain entry into heaven by believing he was the Son of God.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

With the knowledge we now have regarding exoplanets; should we still believe that we are something special? Don't get me wrong, I believe we are unique in that we are even here, I am constantly dumbfounded and perplexed by existing and being able to question why.

But; when we look at the vastness of the universe, the countless statistical planets that could support life, are we really anything "special"?

In the sense that we exist; absolutely, we are special. But statistically, we aren't.

As a dominate religion, Christianity, has funneled people into believing that Christ came to Earth to save us from damnation. God sent his "only Son".

So how many times did 'Christ' have to die for our 'sins'? Was it just once on Earth and it saved the universe and the rest of the civilized planets were informed? Was he on a tour visiting all the different galaxies to be tortured at his Father's hand to save a bunch of cosmic ants?

Ghost

Edit: this goes for all religions, not just Christianity.
edit on 1-8-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Let's jump that bridge when we get there. For all that we are discovering exoplanets, we still have yet to discover life on any, let alone intelligent life.

Now when we get there ... Jesus has appeared to people around the world whether or not they knew it was Him, so why would he disdain beings on other planets?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm offended!! How can you hate on Christians like that?!!!

Your mean, and intolerant, and I'm going to report you. Whaaaaaaaaaa!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
There's no way to know, the bible doesn't take into account life on other planets, only life on this infinitesimally small dot we call Earth.

Jesus said that his kingdom was not of this world, so if he WAS sent to all other planets, does that mean he said the same about those world's too? If so, what is the point of this universe? Why have it be so incomprehensibly beautiful and perfect in its makeup if it doesn't matter?

This is why I believe the universe IS God's kingdom. Just look at it and tell me it's not.
edit on 8/1/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
i just have to ask as im not christian , are you wanting the savior and can we as a species not do it alone? if not then we deserve annihilation, just my thoughts

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Let's jump that bridge when we get there. For all that we are discovering exoplanets, we still have yet to discover life on any, let alone intelligent life.

Now when we get there ... Jesus has appeared to people around the world whether or not they knew it was Him, so why would he disdain beings on other planets?

Yeah, why is that such a difficult concept? Why are so many Christians afraid of the idea of there being extraterrestrial life as if it would somehow discount their religion?

If I were a Christian, I would assume that Jesus (or Alien Jesus) visits all the different worlds with life. Maybe I missed it but I've never come across a bible verse saying that Earth is unique in that way.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: devaur

I don't understand your post. Can you explain? Thanks!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Indeed.

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."

-John 10:16

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

That's beautiful.

I believe the Divine Creator has many disciples on many realms in all directions, known and unknown to us. Waiting for us all to remember to return.

(I suddenly feel the need for a Coca-Cola in a bottle. The real thing.)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ultralight im not sure how to explain but if we humans believe we need someone to save us then we dont deserve it if we as a people cant save ourselves

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The universe was initially created for the angels. It wasnt until the fall of the Covering Cherib that the universe was flooded and restored in 6 days so that man could be created to resolve the angelic conflict. So the offer of salvation by faith in Jesus' payment for our sins is extended to all fallen souls (humans, angels, and nephilim). There is intelligent life out their in the universe, but they are all angelic creatures and their eyes are on earth.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

So how many times did 'Christ' have to die for our 'sins'? Was it just once on Earth and it saved the universe and the rest of the civilized planets were informed? Was he on a tour visiting all the different galaxies to be tortured at his Father's hand to save a bunch of cosmic ants? 

Christ died once for all fallen creatures. We are told to be a witness to ALL CREATION. Not just man.

Man is the lowest level fallen creature, so Jesus came as a man to die for man, nephilim, and angel.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
BELIEVERpriest wheres your sources? i like to read them if you dont mind

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Its what I've been taught, and I simply expanded upon it. Google the Genesis Gap Theory. There is a gap of time between Gen 1:1 and 1:2. Gen 1:1 is its own paragraph of 14 syllables and Gen 1:2-4a is a follow up paragraph of 56 syllables (hebrew text). The pattern of 7 multiples per paragraph continues throughout all Genesis ch1 (really its all over the Bible).

Check out my genesis thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

God did not create the earth void and formless. Isaiah confirms that (don't remember the verse). And the angels are learning by watching us in this life.

Im sure someone else somewhere has written about some of this (like Clarence Larkin or R.B. Thieme Jr), but I do my own research in the Hebrew text, so I dont have a source to refer too.

I can give you the metered transliteration of Gen 1:1.

Breshyth bar[a-e]lohim eth hashamayim w[e-e]th h[a-e]retz.

That's 14 syllables to separate Genesis 1:1 from 1:2. Paleo-Hebrew doesnt transliterate well into English. The glottal stop effect of the letter 'Aleph' ending 'bara' and beginning 'elohim' should be consolidated into one syllable. So 'bara elohim' is more accurately pronounced 'buhruh-luhyim'.

That may seem unrelated, but the gap in Genesis 1 is where all the angelic revolution action happened.

edit on 2-8-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

edit on 2-8-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: added points

edit on 2-8-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: i hate censorship

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
youre interpenetration says you are turning fictional stories into a real thing

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I have my reasons for believing what I believe. I've had enough encounters with the supernatural to know that reality puts fiction to shame when it comes to surrealism.

Yes my interpretation says that these stories are very real and in progress. Science is a compilation of limited human observation. It can only verify what man can percieve. On the other hand, spiritual phenomena must be revealed by God.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: devaur
i just have to ask as im not christian , are you wanting the savior and can we as a species not do it alone? if not then we deserve annihilation, just my thoughts

I do want a savior. At some point in my childhood God demonstrated to me how evil I can be, and I simply didn't want that evil to be a part of me...nor did I feel that my evil could be countered with good works.
"Once the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again."--Linkin Park

Only God can fix what is fallen, and Jesus did that by buying our freedom on the cross.

As long as humanity has a speck of evil, it can never perfect itself. And yes, we do deserve annihilation, but God doesn't want to destroy us. He is gracious and loving...so much that he gave us His only begotten Son.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
i read this somewhere on here that jesus was totally a make believe story? im not one to argue im a from of satanist. providing links from youre your previous threads is in no way any sortve proof. now wheres the real proof ????

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Proof? There is no proof. You either communicate with God, in which case He will answer your questions in a way that you can comprehend, or you wait until Jesus returns and its too late. Proof only comes after faith, after you address God with your petition, but that proof is for you, not anyone else, unless God puts you in a position to share it. God only communicates with those who desire a relationship.

Are you a theistic Satanist, atheistic, or simply agnostic?

Do you believe that at least some level of evil exists within you as I did? Should it be embraced or rejected?

A childhood friend of mine is a Satanist. I've had some interesting conversations with him.

What attracted you to Satanism?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
im not sure how to answer that, grew up thinking IT was there to respond to prayer then realized it was a lie so researched all religions. the only thing ive round in common is that i hate you people as much as IT does.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join