It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please--Do Something

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
fk im such an idiot. she was a blue heeler mix but it dont matter now i had to move i dont have he her now
edit on 1-8-2015 by devaur because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
And, here i am thinking, this MIGHT have something to do with the shape of our world/society/way of living.

Am i still on planet Earth??????

The "rapture" hasn't occurred, yet? Right????

We need to Please--Do Something about the greed and corruption that's running ramped. We need to Please--Do Something about crooked politicians, acting like they have "our best interest" at hand. We need to Please--Do Something about the things that are affecting our lives...and affecting our chance at LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.

A dog kills a rabbit? Well...heck...that's how things work on this planet. Of course, it's awesome that you help an animal when it's hurting. But damn, PEOPLE ARE HURTING EVEN MORE. And, do we care??????

THAT'S THE PROBLEM!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
By stepping in, you may have prolonged the bunny's suffering.......

........and let it feel compassion in its final seconds. It didn't die alone and unloved. And if you think animals can't feel, go yell at your dog for no reason. Then go over and pet him and apologize. Notice the different reactions.

Before I get too sappy though, what happened with the dog and the rabbit is the way of the wild.

If there were no one around to see it, would it make the act less cruel? Or just a natural part of things?

When we see something natural like this occur, it upsets us. What does that say about us?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Eh... I don't know. I've always been one to try to save wounded animals. One time a lamb got trampled by horses where I keep my mare, and had serious head injury - his skull was cracked. The mother abandoned him, only nursing his twin brother, leaving him to die. Me and a friend (who is a doctor) tried to save him. He was losing cranial fluid, so we had him on IV drip, and took turns staying next to him for days giving him bottles. Even our dog tried to help, protecting him, cuddling him, licking away the fluid seeping from his nose.

He died after two weeks, his light went out while in my arms. We had baptized him "Lucky" , but I really had to question, afterwards, how "Lucky" he'd been. Had our actions only prolonged suffering? Maybe nature really is well made, and his momma had the right reaction - to let him die quicker.

I don't know, but I tend to think our judgement of good and evil might be out of sync with nature's wisdom....
edit on 2-8-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
how pretentious of you nature cannot be bypassed by anyone even........ you make me want to puke
Bluesma

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: devaur
how pretentious of you nature cannot be bypassed by anyone even........ you make me want to puke
Bluesma

You could use therapy, medication, and lessons in punctuation and grammar.
Puke away.

Or maybe the natural way, being rejected from your tribe and left to face the elements and predators would be better.
If you get treatment, you'll still be puking because of words on screens, and procreating as well, creating more suffering pukers...
edit on 2-8-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

(post by devaur removed for a manners violation)
(post by Bluesma removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Funny

Just yesterday I told God to man up and do something

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

With you 100% on this one.

My Please--Do Something refers to situations involving people and animals and even insects.

Sorry if that wasn't clear based upon the example in the OP.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

That is not weird at all, sweetie. (hug)

I understand completely.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: devaur

We eat for survival.
With all respect, if in the case of the bunny, if despite his efforts, it died, the OP had a good reason to be saddened. Only a sadistic feels no pain at seeing something die. Eating for our survival doesn't mean feeling no empathy at death and suffering.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Reminder....

Bickering and snide remarks do not promote good discussion....and You are responsible for your own posts.

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yavanna well label me sadistic then i feel more empathy [as you put it] at the animals death than i would another humans

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: devaur

No, I wasn't labelling you specifically.

I meant people in general, I find them to be lacking of empathy if they feel nothing upon watching something die or suffer.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I don't mean to be antagonistic, but were your actions on behalf of the animal or yourself?

Based on your description (of course I wasn't there) it sounds like while your intentions were good, all you did was prolong the suffering of the little fur-ball. It was sort of a half-measure. If you decided that the goal was to save its life (and thought it was possible), wouldn't have taking it right away to a veterinarian been the move to make?

On occasion our cat will bring us a "present" (meaning a dead bird that it leaves at our doorstep). However, a few times I've caught her in the act of catching one. Most cats will go after birds, even if they are fed by people. It's in their nature to hunt and part of that hunt includes "playing" with their prey (for lack of a better word). Anyway, long story short, when I catch her in the act of "playing" I quickly assess the situation. There have been only two times that the bird was able to be saved. In the vast majority of situations, if find myself forced to do something that I hate, and bring a swift end to the suffering.
Note: I hope, I really REALLY hope that the birds are in a state of shock and aren't completely aware of what is going on while the cat "plays" with them.

I understand that you were in a tough spot and I know you were only doing what you thought was best.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join