It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A CNN Founder Answers Why The Media Is Often One-Sided When It Comes To Guns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Cnn is hot garbage even before it tries to cater to liberals, fox news and rush limbaugh are entertainment not news,

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: johnwick

Cnn is hot garbage even before it tries to cater to liberals, fox news and rush limbaugh are entertainment not news,

I agree, that is why I ATS, because no matter the story, it will be picked apart at every single angle possible, so we might try to find the truth, they are attempting to hide from us.

I may argue my perception on the topic, but I still get to see other sides of it, thus gain a better understanding of what the actual truth might be.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I stopped watching the news years ago. They spout their opinion and call it "news." When "24 hour news" was invented, they had to constantly fill the time slots and they can only report actual news for so long which is why the remainder of the time is filled up with idiots telling everyone how they're supposed to feel about what's going on.

When the news stopped being informative and started being manipulative, everything went downhill. The media is used every single day to influence public opinion and it's sickening.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

I'm out.

But Rocker... we need a person from the UK to tell us how much they know about our gun culture from what they've seen on TV. We haven't had enough of that yet in every single gun related thread on ATS that has ever existed.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

I'm out.

But Rocker... we need a person from the UK to tell us how much they know about our gun culture from what they've seen on TV. We haven't had enough of that yet in every single gun related thread on ATS that has ever existed.

Bwahahaha!!!!

Ahahahaha Ahahahaha.... OK ,breath... Breath... Bwahahaha... Ahahahaha.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best #ing internet post of all #ing time, I # you not!!!

You sir, have a fan for life!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Because AMERICAN lives matter...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

You made an excellent point right up until you flushed it down the toilet with:

you're all deafened by the noise another kid is arming himself up to shoot up his school.

School shootings are very uncommon. Yes, they are horrific and sad; but the problem isn't the gun...that just his choice of tool. The problem is deeper.

The problem is WHY a kid feels the need to kill or injure.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Very true, the problem with our so call news media is that they no longer are base from small news outlets they are now coming from a combine conglomerate of interest groups dominated sources.

News are not informative as they used to, but they present themselves as such, but more to be used for many purposes depending the agendas of the ones pulling the strings behind the news media.

Most of our main new sources are not even majority owned by American groups but by multinationals.

We are been worked out by this conglomerates to create the awareness that they want for us and to steer public opinion for the benefits of those that pays big money for that purpose.

That is why the news main outlets picks only the news that they want for us to be drilled about and while very nicely keeping real and more important issues behind the scenes and away from scrutiny, for every big news been drilled look at the back pages for what is not been talk about.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

No Mom.
No Dad.
Just the cellphone to raise them. and the system they are in.
It DRUGS them for compliance in school and mandatory health.
But GOING CRAZY? Nobody wants THAT to be known YOU 'd be out on the streets in no time.
edit on 2-8-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

That's b.s. and an excuse to be a statistic. I'm not buying what you're selling.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick
Fox news is another good example, look at its ratings keep climbing, as all others keep falling.

That's a good representation that America's society, its youth.. are overly ignorant/stupid/naive... all of the above?

Fox News is Hollywood to the extreme. The Blonde Bimbo, square jawed dominant male, lots of flashy colorful banners with power words like WAR, GUNS.. it serves to feed the masses who want nothing but Mcdonalds, Meds, Kardashian crap and guns.

.. thus, why it's ratings keep going up and and up.

- as an American - its nothing to be proud of!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Mentally disturbed individuals are put out every day THERE is NO nationnal support for nust if you haven't paid into ssi.
Not B/S at all.
NO ONE wants to report mental illness to authotities as it will hamper employment ,the public stygmatizes you and YES they are demanding parents use pychtropics on their child IF you want them in a public school.
SELLING nothing ,saying what is.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

No Mom.
No Dad.
Just the cellphone to raise them. and the system they are in.
It DRUGS them for compliance in school and mandatory health.
But GOING CRAZY? Nobody wants THAT to be known YOU 'd be out on the streets in no time.

You forgot,No Dog.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

instead of interviewing women who’d stopped an attacker

What, you mean the infinitesimal, outlier minority?

Well, if the few are to dictate to the many, I don't see why "the 99%" are so up in arms (pardon the pun) about being subjugated by Wall Street.

If one is a proponent of mass gun dissemination on the grounds that a grandmother, somewhere, some time managed to shoot some bumbling would-be burglar scoping for a couple of bucks for a meal, then surely one must be happy being down-trodden and forever mired in mediocrity beneath the soles of the egregiously rich and powerful... right?

Consistency is a must, whatever one's stance, if one expects to be taken even remotely seriously.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

a reply to: infolurker

"liberal narrative"

I'm out.
When someone commenting on an issue like this makes it about political leanings all credibility is shot to hell.
This is why America will never be able to have a proper conversation about guns, the second you do it boils down to "dirty commie liberals" and "extremist right-wingers".

This is all noise, and while you're all deafened by the noise another kid is arming himself up to shoot up his school.

For me its more about having standing constitutionally. In the case of what is called the liberal press their constitutional foundation is never questioned. They naturally receive flack but its about content. In the case of the second the lib press is all about questioning the right to exercise the 2nd in the context of poor usage always. Even the right to press, as the basis to exercise the 2nd, is a right established with freedom to criticize the government without retaliation. But what do we have? The press is now an organ of crowd control and of established political interests and has been for some time thus not even exercising itself under its original guaranteed function. But it is protected even if a useless outlet for establishment spew chaired by blabber mouthed and fatheaded dip slicks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join