It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Picks Up Leviathan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I

Movement on Ruairi Robinson‘s proposed sci-fi film The Leviathan happened fast. The director posted a proof of concept trailer just days ago, which led to Neill Blomkamp and Simon Kinberg joining the project as producers. Now Fox has bought the The Leviathan movie pitch and the script for the film, written by Jim Uhls (Fight Club).

Leviathan

I just found this. Sorry it has been out for months now. During one of my usual concept art searchs. I came across this AWESOME 'proof of concept'.

The CG is damn right awesome. Although not sure how much of a 'movie' it will be.

Anyway thought I would share with the good movie lovers on ATS.

What say you?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I really don't see how this is going to be a movie. It has potential, but I don't see it being even as good as a Godzilla movie. I see it being a movie with great graphics and large explosions, that is all. I'd rather watch all Starship Troopers movies in a row than this film.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

1. It has better cg than Star ship troopers. 1,2,3, and Invasion.
2. Star ship troopers 2 should have never been made.
3. That trailer is better than 99% of the full length movies I have seen.
4. Nothing says anyone has to like or watch it.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Looks good.However after district 99(which was great),blomkamps last 2 movies- Elysium and Chappie did not really thrill me.I'll still watch it though.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The CGI looks amazing !

And if Jim Uhls' storyline for this is as good as his Fight Club one, I think we may have a sci-fi winner !

Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
Looks good.However after district 99(which was great),blomkamps last 2 movies- Elysium and Chappie did not really thrill me.I'll still watch it though.

Absolutely loved the concept art for Elysium, the robots,exosuits, the robots in Chappie.

The class warfare in space/ open borders crapola not so much.(Elysium).

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I don't see any story within this movie. A minimal plot and no characters besides the Leviathan. The trailer seems great, but it was all action the entire time. Might as well play a video game.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

The CGI looks amazing !

And if Jim Uhls' storyline for this is as good as his Fight Club one, I think we may have a sci-fi winner !

Thanks for posting.

If you have ever read the Fightvlub novel, then you would know that it is the exact replica besides one story detail, and that is how Tyler Durdern was met on a beach rather than on a plane. Only difference throughout nearly entire movie.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So we're basically drawing a parallel between this and whale hunting? Since it's Bloomenkamp, expect a heavy-handed comparison and message about hunting something to extinction. Bonus points if one of the Leviathan hunters actually carries around a piece of antique scrimshaw just to drive that comparison home.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I am so sick of CGI and no plot. I want plot. I want an original plot line that makes you think. Am I alone in this?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

top topics

join