It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Killings Soar To A Level Unseen In 43 Years

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm not wanting to derail the thread but having quite recently watched the complete boxset of The Wire Baltimore is quite prominent in my minds-eye picture of that which I perceive the US to be. That series broke my heart, ripped it from my chest, stomped on it, then it tore out my soul and took away from me all possible hope. I have partially recovered since but still, I am left with this abiding sense of people ignored and left to live and die by the sword without any choice or hope of anything else. And I keep asking myself, how can we hope to care about children starving in far off places because of our actions, when we don't even care about the children on our own doorstep.

That said, I texted my brother after having finished season five (he'd been nagging me for years to watch it), and said that if I was the average US citizen, I'd be far more terrified of the danger, when the energy crisis deepens, in the inner cities. Not only armed and organised, but well aware of who "they" are in relation to everyone else. It's be like Romulus and Remus all over again. Therefore, I should imagine authorites are quite happy to allow them to deplete their numbers to the best of their abilities in the meantime.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

state tested nurses aid.

i dont know how often they care for people in hospitals but i know nursing homes are all about the stna.

theyre the ones that do the bed pan clean up. the wiping their ass for them. helping them wash. that sort of thing

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Since the police basically stopped policing in Baltimore, I wonder how many of these shootings are in self defense?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

(B) "Accidental" deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) "Accidental" deaths per physician is 0.171

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services.

Guns

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of "accidental" gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

(C) The number of "accidental" deaths per gun owner is .0000188

Statistics courtesy of FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT Almost everyone has at least one doctor. This means you are over 9,000 times more likely to be killed by a doctor as by a gun owner !!!

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand !!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, We withheld the statistics on Lawyers

for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention.

Please, please, please copy this and every time some idiot makes the argument to ban all guns, paste this into the conversation. Brilliant!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

They should just impose some strict gun laws.

That'll solve everything.

Gun control now: In the long term it will help, yes. Not tomorrow, nor next year. But maybe in the next 10 years, it would be better. Guns first have to deterriorate. That takes time.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So the city of Baltimore is going to sit by and watch their young people kill one another. Disgraceful. Many areas have made a big dent in gang activity with strategies from different tasks forces. Step up Baltimore and stop this senseless killing.

These kids are seriously frustrated and need guidance and a ray of hope. Make this thread about gun control if you wish, but these problems are deeper than that. They are born from despair, anger, loss of hope and apparently a lack of values.

Surely the adults can figure out a way to address these issues.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
So the city of Baltimore is going to sit by and watch their young people kill one another. Disgraceful. Many areas have made a big dent in gang activity with strategies from different tasks forces. Step up Baltimore and stop this senseless killing.

These kids are seriously frustrated and need guidance and a ray of hope. Make this thread about gun control if you wish, but these problems are deeper than that. They are born from despair, anger, loss of hope and apparently a lack of values.

Surely the adults can figure out a way to address these issues.

The city of Baltimore during the riots asked for the treatment of criminals that they are now receiving.

The prosecutor, as linked on page 1, is prosecuting far less than before, as the people requested, to let the young black men alone and not prosecute as many of them as before.
The prosecutor is also being vigorous in prosecuting police, as the people requested.

If you were a police officer and
#1 you felt persecuted by the prosecutor who is looking for police to prosecute to make the people happy
#2 the prosecutor refused to prosecute criminals you brought in based on the color of their skin

What would you do?
I'd be scared as heck and look the other way at crimes committed by people with the skin color that the prosecutor will not prosecute because the prosecutor is following the will of the people as expressed in their riots and chants.

That is what is going on in Baltimore. The people are getting what they asked for and they don't like the unintended consequences of getting what they asked for.

Born of despair? More like immature people who have learned they can get away with murder and are doing what they can get away with.
Lack of values? The values the adults asked for are being honored, prosecute more police, leave the "children" alone.

edit on 8Sun, 02 Aug 2015 08:09:59 -0500am80208amk020 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well isn't this a fun little circle jerk. Nothing feels so good as to kick people when they're down huh? Victim blaming/shaming never gets boring for some people I guess. Let's blame blacks, democrats and gun control laws instead of talking about the realities of ghettos, how they started, how they remain. Let's not talk about how upside policing policies leave the gangs and biggest drug dealers untouched while harassing people just walking down the street or driving up the road.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You know what they say Kali, some people can't handle the truth. It could perhaps prompt them to take constructive actions and make corrections instead of pointing a smug finger. And who the hell are they going to feel superior to?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

The people are getting what they asked for and they don't like the unintended consequences of getting what they asked for.

They asked for a climate in which their children could murder one another?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Excellent examples of the continuing big government big city social/economic failures.

But I think Baltimore is in "test" mode.

The Mayor is on that Obama task force, and she is a higher-up in the DNC, and is a higher-up in the national Mayors' organizations.

Hmmm.

Lot's of "credentials', but no "wallop".

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Copy/Paste
Copy/Paste
Copy/Paste

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

You know what they say Kali, some people can't handle the truth.

well, colonel jessup says it.
and please address him as colonel. he has earned it

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Well isn't this a fun little circle jerk. Nothing feels so good as to kick people when they're down huh? Victim blaming/shaming never gets boring for some people I guess. Let's blame blacks, democrats and gun control laws instead of talking about the realities of ghettos, how they started, how they remain. Let's not talk about how upside policing policies leave the gangs and biggest drug dealers untouched while harassing people just walking down the street or driving up the road.

Well sounds like they should clean it up then doesnt it?

When things deteriorate to that level, and people sit and claim how horrible a certain political spectrum is, and yet they CONTINUE to let their area decline, who do you blame?

Maybe they need to get their crap together, stop blaming everyone else, and start taking action....

Dont get upset at members here for pointing out the blatantly obvious......

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Maybe they need to get their crap together, stop blaming everyone else, and start taking action....

They do take action. But talking about community organizing is 100% ignored in these circle jerks.

What exactly is blatantly obvious by the way?
edit on 8/2/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Copy/Paste
Copy/Paste
Copy/Paste

That's what the Baltimore City Council does best when publishing the same crime statistics over and over and over.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The people are getting what they asked for and they don't like the unintended consequences of getting what they asked for.

They asked for a climate in which their children could murder one another?

They asked for a climate where the police would be vigorously prosecuted.

They asked for a climate where their children would not be arrested or prosecuted for crimes if they were of a certain skin color.

If you read my statement without rage in your head, you would have noticed that I said:
Big difference between what you interpreted the statement to say and what I actually wrote.

They got both, a climate where the police are vigorously prosecuted for the slightest infraction, and a climate where the prosecutor won't prosecute "children" of a certain skin color, making arresting the children useless.
AND the unintended consequence of getting what they asked for is out of control crime rates.

edit on 1Sun, 02 Aug 2015 13:59:21 -0500pm80208pmk020 by grandmakdw because: format addition

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Rage? That's funny. I don't think I've actually ever experienced rage. Do you think you might be projecting your own emotions on to others?

Your analysis of this situation is based on extreme superficialities. One must have some clue of causation or it becomes only a futile blame game of shallow and inadequate explanations. I know I don't want to live my life so blinded by fear and hate that I am unable to determine what is *real*. That I am unable to think beyond a simple blaming contest. That I see something on the surface, but lose the ability to question and explore what lies underneath.

You seem to ascertain all this unworthiness and finger pointing over a city's reaction to a man being murdered in the street. They CAN and SHOULD have it both ways -- that is protest while maintaining the protection of law enforcement. Indeed.

By the way, although I am very supportive of law enforcement, they are in fact paid to do a job with taxpayers money, and I'm willing to bet all those people pay taxes, don't you think?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Oh wait! After my post I was trying honestly to think if I've ever experience 'rage'. Then I remembered being alone in the house and yelling at the television the day Bill Clinton was impeached. lol! I guess that might count as a mini-rage, but down here in the south I thought of it as a hissy fit. Anyway. Just sayin'.

: )

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join