It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Killings Soar To A Level Unseen In 43 Years

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Did i say ban bedsores . To be honest i did not know there was such a thing , at least not with those numbers .

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Feltrick
a reply to: beezzer

Or, they could make murder illegal. I don't understand why the govt can't just pass some laws to stop people killing each other! Seems kind of simple.

Maybe the good citizens of B'More need to be educated on the law.

If they make murder illegal, only criminals will commit murder-. . . . . wait, what?

Lol
, I just spit out Kentucky bourbon.... Shakes fist, Monday at work, I'm not going to pet the rabbits now, see what kind of pain you just caused.

I don't need to hold them and stroke their ultra soft fur, or look at the cute little bastardizations they are.

OK, I'm still going to pet them, but I will be doing it begrudgingly.

See what you have done?

Pet the rabbits if you must, however please do not spit the bourbon!!

It was purely accidental, alcohol abuse can not be tolerated in a rational world.

It was only a tiny amount, as most of the shot stayed in my mouth.

Though wasting even a drop of my buddy Jack is a travesty.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Did i say ban bedsores . To be honest I did not know there was such a thing , at least not with those numbers .

Nah, just having fun before a bored Moderator censors me.
I would have to say that marking someone dead from bedsores seems like a conspiracy in itself and probably deserves a thread of it's own. Death by bedsores seems to be a bad way to go.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

a reply to: johnwick

So then because a tiny fraction of people can't properly utilize a tool, nobody should be able to have one?

Why not try to turn that tiny fraction into a minute one , and you call me illogical . Wow defending guns getting into the wrong hands . Cars kill so we put seat belts and air bags into them reducing the rate of death . But go right ahead defend your rights .

Really did you just defend giving guns to nutters because rocks can kill .

When did I say "give guns to nutters"?

I did say, "don't take guns from those that aren't nutters".

I don't see how those 2 could be confused.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The study authors, using the most conservative statistics they could find, broke down iatrogenic deaths over ten years as following:

Adverse Drug Reactions 1.06 million
Medical Error 0.98 million
Bedsores 1.15 million
Hospital Infections 0.88 million
Malnutrition in Health Care 1.09 million
Outpatients 1.99 million
Unnecessary Procedures 371,360
Surgery-related 320,000

And bed sores kill more than pharmaceuticals .

draxe.com...

And multiples in one year than guns in a decade.

Glad we cleared that up, now you see, guns don't even kill very many people, but hospitals and care homes do.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Did i say ban bedsores . To be honest I did not know there was such a thing , at least not with those numbers .

Nah, just having fun before a bored Moderator censors me.
I would have to say that marking someone dead from bedsores seems like a conspiracy in itself and probably deserves a thread of it's own. Death by bedsores seems to be a bad way to go.

And one that is 100 percent preventable, the care staff aren't turning them as often as they should, or there wouldn't be any bed sores.
edit on 1-8-2015 by johnwick because: autocorrect got me again

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So to get things straightened out... I live in bmore. Have for ten years. I'd say 95% of the killings happen on the same 3-4 blocks the riot was in. I love where I live. It isn't rich Baltimore either. It's gang killings, idiots doing themselves. The city itself is wonderful. The government tries its best to ruin it for us home owners and tax payers, but we are all pretty tired of it and kicking out the fools when we can. We are outvoted when people really vote, but usually they don't. To be honest these were more like "riots" than riots. What sucks is people only see the news, and local businesses are hurting because of it. Democratic ideology has ruined a lot of good things, but the city is big and we will get it right eventually. I am sorry you only hear about the idiots. I truly am.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

yeah.
the stna that took a course and makes 9 bucks an hour is not taking proper care....not doctors
imagine that

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Feltrick
a reply to: beezzer

Or, they could make murder illegal. I don't understand why the govt can't just pass some laws to stop people killing each other! Seems kind of simple.

Maybe the good citizens of B'More need to be educated on the law.

If they make murder illegal, only criminals will commit murder-. . . . . wait, what?

Lol
, I just spit out Kentucky bourbon.... Shakes fist, Monday at work, I'm not going to pet the rabbits now, see what kind of pain you just caused.

I don't need to hold them and stroke their ultra soft fur, or look at the cute little bastardizations they are.

OK, I'm still going to pet them, but I will be doing it begrudgingly.

See what you have done?

Pet the rabbits if you must, however please do not spit the bourbon!!

It was purely accidental, alcohol abuse can not be tolerated in a rational world.

It was only a tiny amount, as most of the shot stayed in my mouth.

Though wasting even a drop of my buddy Jack is a travesty.

My ogle friend Jack and I go way back.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
maybe the mayor is just letting them get it out of their system for a couple of months before the state prosecutor orders a crack down.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

But until you can separate said guns from said people who would use those guns on other people , you have and will continue to have a problem .

My comment .

So then because a tiny fraction of people can't properly utilize a tool, nobody should be able to have one?

Your reply .

I dont think i confused anything .

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KilroyRock
So to get things straightened out... I live in bmore. Have for ten years. I'd say 95% of the killings happen on the same 3-4 blocks the riot was in. I love where I live. It isn't rich Baltimore either. It's gang killings, idiots doing themselves. The city itself is wonderful. The government tries its best to ruin it for us home owners and tax payers, but we are all pretty tired of it and kicking out the fools when we can. We are outvoted when people really vote, but usually they don't. To be honest these were more like "riots" than riots. What sucks is people only see the news, and local businesses are hurting because of it. Democratic ideology has ruined a lot of good things, but the city is big and we will get it right eventually. I am sorry you only hear about the idiots. I truly am.

So are we, it is nice to hear good news every once in a while.

Thank you!!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

yeah.
the stna that took a course and makes 9 bucks an hour is not taking proper care....not doctors
imagine that

What is a stna?

We call them cna here, "certified nursing assistant".

And yes the bedsores thing.... My exwife was a cna for years, I know kinda a lot, not a great deal, but more than average about patient care from talking to her about her day.

She used to get so mad, because some were just too lazy to do it properly, and bedsores are the result.

It is inexcusable for that to happen, let alone, be the cause of death.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
maybe the mayor is just letting them get it out of their system for a couple of months before the state prosecutor orders a crack down.

We can only hope, every time another innocent dies......

I can hardly fault the police though, they are giving these idiots what they demanded.

Maybe this will be the wakeup call the black community needs to get their crap together and fix the problems that are destroying it.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

But until you can separate said guns from said people who would use those guns on other people , you have and will continue to have a problem .

My comment .

Your reply .

I dont think i confused anything .

Um I don't think you read what I wrote, because that in no way helped your argument.

Here is a pro tip for debating.

If you say I said "give guns to nutters" and I ask where did I say that, posting "so then because a tiny fraction of people can't properly utilize a tool, nobody should be able to have one? ", is not the comment to quote.

It in no manner, approved of giving nutters guns, it did state taking guns from everyone else was not the cure though.

I think you are tired or inebriated, let's table it for now, and you reread it tomorrow.

I'm not the guy to pistol whip a blind kid, it brings me no joy.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I think you are tired or inebriated, let's table it for now, and you reread it tomorrow.

A pro tip for you back . Ad hominem attacks in no way add any validity to your point of view .

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

A pro tip for you back . Ad hominem attacks in no way add any validity to your point of view .

It wasn't an ad hominem attack.

I meant it, I believe you, like myself at times, are likely tired or inebriated, hell I spend most of my time one of the 2.

Sadly Tired is the more common of the 2 in my case, I work pretty hard, both mentally and physically.

Sometimes one, sometimes the other, sometimes both.

Add inebriatetion into it and I get"post removed for manners violation", in my mailbox I get "this is a warning, the next warning will result in a 72 hour posting ban, further violations may result in a removal of your account "(paraphrasing, I am tired and inebriated right now, bad week, had to work really hard mentally, and physically, tomorrow is my only day off, before another 6day week, hell maybe I am reading it wrong, wouldn't be the first time. )

The truth is, we are both likeable enough, and just care in our own way. ( well maybe you are likeable enough, I'm kind of d1ck)

It isn't worth harshly and hastily typed words.

You just want it to stop, and so do I, we just have different perspectives on the means to that end.

Tell you what, tomorrow I am going to have a cookout, how do you like your steak?

And what is your brew of choice?

I will make you a plate, and crack a cold one for you.

Unfortunately, the internet hasn't evolved enough for me to send it to you yet, but the spirit of the action still remains.

Love, peace and chicken grease.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Feeling so sad for Baltimore.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
I don't know what the real reasons may or may not be.

But the more I hang out on ATS the more I'm starting to think it might have something to do with how much ya'll hate each other.

America used to be a land of opportunity where everyone was welcome. Now we're a land of hate and vitriol where anyone who looks or believes different than you needs to be "taken care of".

Remember when it was "give me your tired, your sick, and your poor"? Now the tired are told they're lazy, the sick are called leeches for using what little public healthcare coverage we have, and the poor are told they're not entitled to food.
edit on 2-8-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
What's wrong with the big cities lately?

I'll give you a hint:

I've met many city dwelling professionals in New York City who make over $120K a year. Many, maybe even most of them, (who live in Manhattan) live with roommates because they cannot afford an apartment on their own.

A 1 bedroom in Manhattan can easily rent for $3500+ !

So now these are some of the top earners.. imagine what it is like for those who make less. Even in the outskirts of the city, an influx of professionals are sending the rent through the roof.

----

In NYC, up to 2 years ago, crime was going down for 21 consecutive years. In the last 2 years, crime has risen for the first time in decades, and is up over 300%! And there are homeless people all over the place. Have not seen this since the 70's and 80's.

People are not just going to roll over and die. They will do what they need to, to live in the best way they can, in the way they know how.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join