It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Expands Political Footprint, Eyeing Major Role In 2016 Presidential Campaigns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Here come Facebook for 2016 !!

Looks like all the data mining will pay off bigtime.

The bots will be figuring out how somebody might be thinking.

A.I. will be electing the next President !!!

Facebook Expands Political Footprint, Eyeing Major Role In 2016 Presidential Campaigns

Facebook has made changes that allow political campaigns to target any of their 189 million monthly users in the United States, using personal information provided to the site and derived from clues that come from how users behave, such as shopping habits.

“We are guaranteeing you will reach the right person at the right time and eliminate the waste that you might find in email marketing, certainly in TV advertising,” Eric Laurence, who is in charge of political advertising on Facebook, told National Journal. “That’s really the power of Facebook targeting.”

Campaigns can upload a voter file and Facebook will send targeted ads to those users. For instance, those who have given money to a campaign might be asked to give again, while those who merely clicked on a candidate’s link might be asked for an email address.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This puts a new wrinkle into the election. I think it will favor the DNC much more than the GOP.

It may matter in the house, senate and gov. races....prez, not so much.

edit on 1-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's no different than targeted ads already in place at Facebook. They're just making it easier for the political process to evolve. I'm guessing since Zuckerberg is a democrat you're assuming the policy will favor democratic candidates. I'm sincerely hoping that isn't the case.

Otherwise I view this as a good thing. Might create more interest in the young crowd in the political process.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Another reason I'm glad I'm not on FB.

top topics

join