It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cecil the lion's brother Jericho shot dead by poachers in Zimbabwean park

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Now the conspiracies will fly.

Who benefits from either version?

link   
.....So why isnt everyone outraged that his brother was killed?

The people on this thread that were freaking out over Cecil are now like "meh" about his brother

link   
Nothing like giving a "wild animal" a name to sensationalize the matter.

People have more compassion for animals living in the wild or on the streets, than they do for their neighbors. Do you really wonder WHY our society is in the bad shape that it's in?

STUPID NEWS STORIES.

Why don't you people start caring about sh!t that matters??? You know, the stuff that's going on in D.C. and abroad???? TPTB have us so divided, fall is inevitable. Meanwhile, when we fall, TPTB will continue doing what they were doing, just like they've been doing.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

CNN jumping the gun again it seems.

Please know that reports stating that Jericho - the other half of Cecil the lion's coalition - was shot today appear to be UNTRUE. We will confirm this as soon as we have definite proof. Further, Zimbabwe National Parks and Wildlife Authority has banned ALL hunting in the areas bordering Hwange National Park with immediate effect.

Friends of Hwange Trust Jericho's satellite collar was recently replaced and he is being very closely monitored. Hwange Lion Research reported that he was alive and well at 8.30pm this evening, and was with a female. They will be out very early tomorrow morning to lay eyes on him.
www.facebook.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

Well known animals in zoos and parks are usually given names.

It's not "naming for sensationalism."

And some of us care about a variety of things including the ones you've named, and we're not so dense or shallow as to care about select things that other people think we should *only* care about.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
How can we verify that Jericho is alive?

#wheresjericho

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Then Cecil and Jericho were in a coalition. It is not unusual to lions for brothers from a litter to assume pride protectorship together. It allows them to hold power longer. More chances to breed and have surviving offspring of their genetic lineage.

A lone male is at a disadvantage because he has to hold off such coalitions.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Because a facebook post is a more valid source of information than a news source. Ok.

Hey, it *could* very well turn out to be that he wasn't killed, but I don't see how, since the head of conservation supposedly confirmed it.

We'll see.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

I am bored with politics if you have a problem with that then tough cookie.

Then again it could be fun to troll political forums and tell people to stop worrying about stupid political S#%t it is all the same and they should concentrate on better things.

But I don't want to be like you.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Annee

Probably not, other than perhaps a slow down.

Short of sending hunters in after the poachers, not much is going to stop poachers from doing what they do.

I've actually been following animal conservation in Africa for a while.

Some areas now make it mandatory (I think) in schools. They are trying to teach the next generation to respect how unique and special these wild animals are. (I say "I think" because what is said, is not the same thing as actually implemented). But, there are efforts for sure.

A culture is the hardest thing in the world to change.

So many Americans don't even think twice about shooting a bobcat that's wandered into a populated neighborhood. They think about their children and pets. A bobcat is a threat, a wild predator.

Emotions without real knowledge is dangerous.

It scares me that these are the same people who vote in politicians.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Because a facebook post is a more valid source of information than a news source. Ok.

You should maybe take a moment before posting and look at the link to the "conservation group that has the data for Jericho radio collar" before going....ahhhhh. It is facebook.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Now the headlines are changing:

"feared dead."
"may have been killed"
illegally killed, official says."

This is getting interesting.

I wonder what the agenda is here.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Or maybe Jericho was the real father of those cubs?
I've seen lower ranked monkeys mate with the chief number one lady, in documentaries. Surely lions and many other species also do it when one's back is turned?...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

You should maybe take a moment before posting and look at the link to the "conservation group that has the data for Jericho radio collar" before going....ahhhhh. It is facebook.

I DID read that, and I did not immediately discredit it but rather viewed with apprehension.

But you obviously missed my point: IN GENERAL, I would trust a news source as a more valid source of information over a Facebook post.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Now the headlines are changing:

"feared dead."
"may have been killed"
illegally killed, official says."

This is getting interesting.

I wonder what the agenda is here.

Given the international outcry over the first one, maybe we can expect to see Jericho's GoFundMe page any day now? Zimbabwe is in the midst of a national depression and financial crisis. Might as well milk all this outrage while we can.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

That's very interesting.

I can find no information to indicate he wasn't killed. All the media are still running with that he was killed from what I can find. Apparently the head of the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force confirmed it to CNN, so perhaps they *thought* it was Jericho when in fact it was another lion? Or it was him.

Since so many media outlets are saying it's true, if it turns out to not be true, that would raise some serious questions in itself.

I think the MSM's are all trying to get the jump on the story for ratings sake as Cecils's death was so sensationalized and the response was so quick to go viral.

There probably was another lion killed, but whether or not it's Jericho is to be known as of yet.

Gawker is one of the few places I like to read news of this source as they don't seem to be majorly biased to one side of the other. You see reports from all sides there of different happenings around the globe.

edit on 8 1 2015 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Oh, I agree about them wanting to get the jump on a story. Interesting that it was supposed confirmed by the *head* of the conservation group, if he was in fact the head. Either the *head* was mistaken, or he was lying, or CNN totally dropped the ball.

Intriguing watching this play out.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That facebook page is from people that are actually there.

I trust their reports far more than a news group.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
When Predator arrive's in September, he'll go for the Hunters first. I hope he collects them all up and drops them off in Siberia and takes them out 1 by 1.

.....i wish!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

This *is* CNN who also had a report on who MH370 might have been sucked up in a black hole.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join