It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok....new idea on why UFO don't make clear contact

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
It seems to me that it's far more likely that aliens don't make contact with us because there are no aliens joyriding through our skies. Occam's razor, and all...

How about aliens in our skies with purpose You know, not "joy riding" but there intentionally with serious purpose?

Or do those not exist ether? Cuz, I would agree with the "no joy riding aliens" in a heart beat...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I had this thought the other day, if a ship did crash in roswell would they not send a rescue/recovery team to retrieve their comrades? It has been 60 years maybe it takes a while to get here from their home system.

Or they just let all the little humans off each other then take over

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itsshuma
I had this thought the other day, if a ship did crash in roswell would they not send a rescue/recovery team to retrieve their comrades? It has been 60 years maybe it takes a while to get here from their home system.

Or they just let all the little humans off each other then take over

IF they were from Zeta Reticuli...about 40ly...it could take about 60 years if they traveled at about 60% of light...

IF they were from Nu(2) C.M. ...about 64ly...it could take 106 years at 60% of light...

So, yeah, if ET don't have FTL it could take a rather long time to reach Earth...

edit on 20-8-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Choice777

There are agreements in place that prevent this, ETs have a lot more respect for the human race than the human race has for itself.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: iksmodnad
a reply to: Choice777

There are agreements in place that prevent this, ETs have a lot more respect for the human race than the human race has for itself.

Good thing too...Terrestrial Humans have "dissed"/broken every single agreement they've made. It seems that the only thing a Terrestrial has any respect for is force, violence, and the ability to "bring it"...

And of course, Terrestrials won't have that ability for prolly another 50 - 100 years.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

It seems to me that it's far more likely that aliens don't make contact with us because there are no aliens joyriding through our skies. Occam's razor, and all...

It would seem to be the most obvious answer. But people still like to guess at the motivations of a hypothetical creature not doing something.
edit on 21-8-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

First: Occam's Razor is inherently flawed. The plain and simple truth of life is that the truth doesn't always match up with the simplest answer. Sometimes, the truth can be confusing, convoluted, maddening, and totally at odds to everything that you believe. Second, it always frustrates me when people come on to a forum like this and pull out Occam's Razor and use it to present an argument that isn't really any simpler than whatever the OP presents, but rather is just the more plausible answer to their personal belief system. Plausibility and simplicity do not go hand in hand. Listen: If you genuinely do not believe that we have been visited, then that is just fine. You are entitled to that belief. But please, don't hide behind something like Occam's Razor. But even so, lets put things in perspective: if the Milky Way Galaxy was as big as the United States of America, then the Sun would be about the size of a white blood cell. That's how small we are in the galactic scheme of things. So now picture how small we are in the universal scheme of things. As big and as old as the universe is ( and not to mention the enormous amount of UFO sightings and ET experiences reported by not just ordinary folks, but by credible military/government/civil servant types), I'd say it would take a pretty huge, complex, leap in logic to say that we are alone, and that we have never ever not *ever* been visited. On the other hand, it's a pretty simple thought that a civilization much older than we humans, one which has mastered intergalactic travel, has stumbled upon our little blue ball of mud, and decided to study the human creatures that live here.

And therein lies the answer to the OP's question; or at least my opinion on the matter. I personally think that the reason why ET's haven't made clear contact with the human race is because clear contact was never something they were interested in achieving. They view us not as a potential ally, but rather as a funny little animal to study, to learn from. Just as we humans study other creatures to learn more about ourselves, so too may these ET's study humans to learn more about themselves. But that's just my two cents.
edit on Friday201500000013032015-08-21T23:13:03-05:00America/Chicago21pmFri, 21 Aug 2015 23:13:03 -0500 by LouisCedar because: added words for the sake of argument clarification.

edit on Friday201500000013422015-08-21T23:13:42-05:00America/Chicago21pmFri, 21 Aug 2015 23:13:42 -0500 by LouisCedar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join