It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2005 Could Show Promise In Energy Alternatives, AIDS Treatment and even Avian Flu Vaccine and much M

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Major scientific and medical developments in 2004 bring hope of further developments in 2005. Some of the world's most talented scientific minds would like to see progress toward a number of goals in the new year. One of the most exciting developments in 2004 was progress toward a malaria vaccine. While not perfect, Spanish researchers are encouraged by the results of a trial in Mozambique involving 2000 children. Six months after receiving the candidate vaccine, one third of the children remained free of the mosquito-borne illness.

In addition, scientists at the U.S. National Institutes of Health are making progress in the development of a vaccine against an avian flu that international public health officials worry could become a deadly pandemic. And then there's HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, which has already infected millions of people around the globe.

To Look Forward To In 2005

Astronomers hope to learn more in 2005 about Earth's planetary neighbors. This past year, space scientists were awed by data returned by two Mars rovers, Opportunity and Spirit, suggesting that water once flowed on the red planet, a condition favorable for the existence of life. Also, after years of travel to Saturn, the Cassini space probe brought into sharp focus the rings that surround our galaxy's second largest planet.

With the most Tragic Event in the last days of 2004,at the cost of Over 100,000 Souls,It's paradoxicaly good to see All nations pitching in to help Asia in the choas it's facing.It is encouraging to see that Humans still can work together for a good cause.I was gonna write a thread yesterday about 'Virtual Communities' by HLR., but I thought it might be misinterpretated and would come over as patronising.Therefor I thought a more positive view towards the coming year would be more appropriate...May You have a Great Year and All that you wish to achieve is within reach....

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Don't you know that you aren't allowed to be an optimist here?

Isn't it part of the TOS that members post apocalyptic predictions about next year....

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Don't you know that you aren't allowed to be an optimist here?

Isn't it part of the TOS that members post apocalyptic predictions about next year....

You are Kiddin right...
What do YOU suggest we should look forward to this coming year...
I'm curiose..Please feel free to shed some light to us 'Optimistic' lonely,sad and hope clinging ones...

Oh..while you're at it why don't you point to us the repercussions of being optimistic...

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Horus_Re]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
hey Horus_Re - thanks for your post of much need optimism - something positive to look forward to

dh

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horus_Re
Major scientific and medical developments in 2004 bring hope of further developments in 2005.

Vacines as a whole merely transmute the action of the invading organism causing re-naming of the disease, whilst allowing alternative invasive parasites prominence

In addition, scientists at the U.S. National Institutes of Health are making progress in the development of a vaccine against an avian flu that international public health officials worry could become a deadly pandemic. And then there's HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, which has already infected millions of people around the globe.

Avian flu represents a biological manipultion attempting to replicate the 1918 flu epidemic with its high mortality on all continents

AIDS is a laboratory-created pandemic originally intended for the genocide of Africans. It's doing quite well, though its boundaries have expanded rather
Still, its main effect remains amongst the 'useless eaters'

With the most Tragic Event in the last days of 2004,at the cost of Over 100,000 Souls,It's paradoxicaly good to see All nations pitching in to help Asia in the choas it's facing.

The tsunami was created artificially through HAARP/ELF/Tesla technology
With a decimated population and international aid agencies backed up by US and UN military force entering the countries of the Indian Ocean rim, power changes within the global structure may be effected

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
The tsunami was created artificially through HAARP/ELF/Tesla technology
With a decimated population and international aid agencies backed up by US and UN military force entering the countries of the Indian Ocean rim, power changes within the global structure may be effected

What kind of proof are you offering to back that up? Oh ya.. I forgot its a legendary machine that was built way back when. What you don't think nature can bring about that much chaos? You're gonna be in for some surprises.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horus_Re
You are Kiddin right...

Yes, in fact I am. I had thought it should be obvious.

YOU suggest we should look forward to this coming year...

More sarcastic comments from me??

top topics

join