It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuberculosis and Marijuana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It may be whats keeping the man alive. I do support legalizing marijuana for specific purposes but lets keep in mind that marijuana actually depresses the immune system, making chronic smokers more susceptible to illness and infections most notable is bronchitis. It depends greatly on the case and how its going to be applied, I would not recommend AIDS patients given marijuana for that reason. I would like to see conclusive tests on marijuana being used to treat glaucoma since usage increases the blood flow through mucuous membranes, usually resulting in conjunctivitis. This relieves pressure from behind the eyes.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Hey its just another reason for me to smoke marijuana

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   

It is sad actually that no testing of marijuanas capabilities for healing happens. It can be used for so many therapeutic things including childbirth and the hemp makes excellent fibre for clothes and other items.

I make an arthritis tincture that I have been told is wonderful out of golden feverfew and swamp pennywort and I slipped a bud or two or maybe three
in one batch I made.

The guy that was using it came back to me in less than a week asking me what the hell i had put in it. I asked him why and he reached over and kissed me on the cheek and hugged me and said thanks..apparently the tincture cleaned his lungs and after he had drank it, he would get all the gunk off his lungs and his bad lungs cleared up within a week to where he threw away all other medications.

I would like to experiment more in this area but the legalities are constraining of course.

Does anyone know of any other cures marijuana has been involved in. I know it helps nausea of chemotherapy and helps aids patients and cancer patients with appetitie and stopping so much weight loss.

Arthritis Tincture Recipe

Using a brown glass jar (clear glass is ok but has to be covered.
Fill the jar (stuff as much as you can in) with half golden feverfew and half swamp pennywort.

Pour in ethanol until it is covered and shake the jar. Place the jar in a dark warm cupboard for two weeks taking it out to turn and shake it daily.

The mixture will go bright green and is ready when all the colour is drained out of the herb stock, leaving it brown and wasted looking. Strain and place back in same Jar or another Brown glass jar and keep in a dark warm spot.

To use.

It tastes filthy, like metho but the best way to take it is by the spoonful. As the alcohol burns its way down the throat and passages it opens up the cells and the herb infuses straight into the body.

It does taste gross and if that is too much for your lil tastebuds then place the spoonful in a glass of orange juice and drink it down. The tincture can be used locally also, rubbed on hot spots that are crippled by the disease.

I have a great cramp cure and sore throat cure too if anyone wants the recipes

[edit on 30-12-2004 by Mayet]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It all comes down to money, can you grow your own cotton and other fibers in your backyard for personal use? No. (well you could but..)

Marijuana / hemp, easily growable by the general public and can be used for alot of purposes, rope, clothes, healing properties.

The medical corporations would lose alot of money, so I doubt it will be legalized anytime soon.

I have been smoking marijuana for about 3 years now, havent been sick once. If I do get sick, its mostly just around for 1 day. ANyways..WeEd = GoOD TiMES.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ive smoked MaryJane almost every day since 1979..Im never sick,well maybe twice..No grey hair and Im over 45. No wrinkles..Great eyesight..And eveyone thinks Im around 29 years old...Seems to work for me..And I own and run a large company.I guess it helps on stress because I dont drink alcohol..Peace.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
That's funny you should say that about the aging.

I am 38 years old with six children and much stress over the years and often told I look younger.

Not bragging but my daughter and i went out for a walk in town last week and we were followed by a car load of idiots asking us if we were over 16. It was hilarious as well as super embarrassing.

My husband, the dude above, yes I am the wife, looks like he is in his 30's no grey hair but is in fact almost 50.
Mayet and The Eye of Ra

theres a pic of Eye of Ra and myself taken a month ago

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
as it says on my mobile phone cover..."man made booze...nature made weed...who do you trust"

i prefer natural remidies rather than man made drugs in order to help me if im hurt or ill. its funny how alovera, tomatoe and weed are just some of the plants that can fix almost any problem.

i have been very sick over the past 6 months, i have lost 10kgs over the past month and look like a gross twig...my stomach is so messed up that unless i smoke weed i can't eat or function normally. (i havn't kept any thing down for at least a week) The doctors are still doing tests to work out why i am so sick. but untill this 6 moth parade of needles and other tests ends, im going to count on my only ali...Marijuana!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Right on Eye Of Ra! You seem to be denying ignorance quite well
Neat Avatar btw, I love Egyptian mythology and Stargate SG1
We should have an avatar awards...I think I'm gonna post this in the board forum.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Linux
It may be whats keeping the man alive. I do support legalizing marijuana for specific purposes but lets keep in mind that marijuana actually depresses the immune system, making chronic smokers more susceptible to illness and infections most notable is bronchitis..

the occasional toke actually improves the immune system by giving one good orgone energy aka qi. smoking has also been found to dissolve cancer.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
ive been smoking mary for over 10years

i havent been sick once
i have sneezed a few times in this decade tho

i got sick from food poisoning tho a few years back
thanks BURGER KING

lol isnt it funny???

a buger king chicken mcwhopper is FAR more dangerous than 10years of smoking pot??

Legalize it now and uphold justice
but make the rule *must be 21 yrs old to smoke or buy it*

anyhow, its obvious that marijuana is good for the soul and body lol
theres Too many tests around the world going in that direction to dismiss it

plus if you legalize pot, the video game industry will thrive even more

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
there is a huge push out there for medical marijuana, but IMHO it is garbage. the reasoning behind my reasoning is this: medical marijuana can help in a few small cases, especially cancer. the problem is that it should not be illegal to ingest in the first place, and so a lot (if not most) of the people who want medical weed are just potheads like me. Taking care of the source problem (weed being illegal for any reason) is much better, then all the ppl who need it for a medical reason would have no problem getting it.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by joepits

Originally posted by Linux
It may be whats keeping the man alive. I do support legalizing marijuana for specific purposes but lets keep in mind that marijuana actually depresses the immune system, making chronic smokers more susceptible to illness and infections most notable is bronchitis..

the occasional toke actually improves the immune system by giving one good orgone energy aka qi. smoking has also been found to dissolve cancer.

Yes it does (not sure about the qi stuff) but even Homeopathic remedies require dosages high enough to damage the cilia. When your lungs open due to marijuana smoke (yes its a bronchodilator) your lungs are at greater risk of impurities attacking.

Lets get something straight - inhaling ANY debris from plants is harmful, I don't care what your smoking.

Lastly i am infact pro-marijuana. I believe everyone has the rights to what they put into thier own system.

Marijuana cannabinoids are considered to be immunomodulators that have the ability to either increase or decrease immune function (Klein 102). In fact, "studies suggest that cannabinoids modulate the function of T and B lymphocytes as well as NK cells and macrophages (Klein 102). Thus, cannbinoids have the immunomodulatory ability to enhance the disease process; therefore, recreational use of marijuana increases susceptibility of humans to infectious disease. For example, younger teenagers who have abuse this drug have been reported to have increased incidence of infection (Srivastava 451).

www.onlinepot.org...

So there may be truth in both sides of the arguement but generally speaking damage done to the lungs caused by smoking marijuana is inevitable - if you don't believe that, your becoming delusional.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Why Marijuana Should Be Legalized: An Expert Perspective:eek:

financearmageddon.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
with the new way to inhale that i saw on tv, is that better for ones lungs...the smokeless vaporizer that puts the active compound into the plastic bag, and then the lady i saw pinched the bag and took hits off the bag (which had no smoke in it) slowly.! I'm curious about the health difference!

top topics

join