It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas will Secede from the Union, 81,000 signatures!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
An it's way down the list of takes. Start with SC and it's seven plus dollars.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Good! Then we're in agreement right? Texas leaving would be beautiful for progressives & a wet dream for conservatives, right? You don't have to prove anything to me. Just show me by convincing Texans to leave
If you believe the rest of us will miss you badly, then leave out of spite. And if you don't think we'll care, it shouldn't matter either way, right?

Oh, but why not address my points? I'm curious to see how Texas would continue American Federal programs without raising taxes. And how could you do any international trade without the USA & Mexico's help? Have you actually looked at a map? Texas is completely dependent on the US & Mexico to get cargo in or out of it. We could block all Texas access to international partners with a simple sea blockade (our navy needs something to do after lifting the embargo on Cuba, anyway :p). Not that those countries would make deals with Texas anyway. What country's stupid enough to work with America's rebels without America's permission? North Korea? Iran? Muahahaha! Or are you guys going to go asking Putin for help? You're just looking for an excuse to catch a regime change, aren't you? And I thought y'all hated the UN & free trade agreements, anyway. So there should be no need for Texas to make international alliances anyway, right? (cough cough we'd block those deals at the UN anyway cough)

But yes, I'm arrogant on this issue. So please show me how wrong I am by convincing all conservatives to move to Texas then convincing them to secede. Like I said before, America would have a permanent power shift to the left. And I'd enjoy every freaking minute of it.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This poster commonly makes outlandish and clearly un researched posts, so not really suprised

link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

LoL yes im sure both parties would love it.........actually

link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
Once we overthrow Texas, we could install Hillary Clinton as leader there. We don't want her here, but some people feel she deserves something. So she can rule over the Texans.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

28 million people living in Texas, gosh that's only 5 million less than all of Canada. But we're 20 times the size of Texas.

That means you're going to have to import all of your lumber and lumber products... unless of course you don't mind seeing every single tree disappear within the first year of secession ? And potable water to support your population ? Where's that going to come from ? You're going to have to pipe it in from the surrounding foreign country you just seceded from.

Your land space is NOT large enough to support itself completely and solely all on its own because of the volume of population you have to support. That means you're going be highly dependent on imports from the US and other foreign countries.

Don't believe it ?

Have look at European countries that are equivalent to Texas in land mass and population. The majority of their economy is imports. Their imports are twice what their exports are at minimum. This means much higher tax revenues have to come from the citizens living in that country to keep the country's nose above water.

Lumber, minerals and metals, potable water, enough arable land space to farm 100's of food varieties.... etc etc.

No state is an island, my friend.

No matter how much you'd like to believe it.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Love the unity the USA is showing to each other.....just show how unified and loving all the states are too each other

It's sad isn't it? This is what happens when you let your political climate be dominated by extremists though. This is people just being kind and someone amicable towards each other. The reality is there's outright hatred for "the other side". Texas wants nothing to do with anyone who isn't super far right, while the left wants nothing to do with Texas, and those in the middle are considered an enemy by both sides.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

And how could you do any international trade without the USA & Mexico's help? Have you actually looked at a map?

Really. Check into the Port of Houston and the airport IAH.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Violater1

LOL Good, let 'em go! I love Texas (mostly the women & food), but it would be incredible if they left. The permanent loss of their 2 seats in the Senate would be huge. But the loss of their numerous votes in the House of Representatives would be game changing. It would literally create a permanent super-majority for the Democrats. I'm not a Dem, but I'm much closer aligned to their policies than I am to Republican policies. Maybe then we could get some actual progressive policies passed. I mean things like a smart electric grid; high speed rail; climate change legislation; universal health care; end the War on Drugs; less MIC funding & more funding for domestic issues, etc. Conservatism would finally die off at the national level. Maybe you can convince Mississippi, South Carolina & Arizona to leave too?

Also, I don't think Texans are thinking this through. Medicare, Social Security, Pell grants, food stamps, etc are all US federal programs. All the Texans depending on Social Security & every other federal program would be cut off from it, just as they would be if they renounced their citizenship to become a citizen of any other country. And the only reason your bank deposits are considered safe are because the US federal government insures them. How is the Texas government going to continue those programs without massively raising taxes? And what happens the next time a natural disaster strikes? You gonna call in the UN to help with disaster relief? Because I'd rather my tax dollars go to helping Americans first, not some foreign country.
In fact, maybe we should build a fence to keep the shell shocked Texans out. Not out of hard feelings, of course. Oh, and we're keeping our bases in Texas just as we kept our bases in Germany, Japan, South Korea, etc. You know, just in case.

And why should we do free trade agreements with you after you leave us? In other words, all Texas trade would now have tariffs against it & you'd have to pay more for imports. Try competing with China or Mexico's cheap prices when the American Fed government isn't subsidizing your costs. Or when you don't have access to the perks created by American free trade agreements. But that's fine since you guys hate free trade agreements anyway, right? Right?

And you better not violate our waters or try to drill too close to our territory. Because we might have to do regime change. Muahahaha! Oh & don't expect a left leaning, Dem controlled America to help you if Mexico decides to take back its territory. Texas- the state that left Mexico & would soon rejoin it.

Just imagine the illegal texan immagrants trying to get back into the USA lol, get stopped at the border and if they found texans in the USA they would be deported back to the super ghetto of ultra poverty where people have to hunt to find food, and all the stores are closed because the economy is shot due to santions from the good ol USA.

HAHAHA that would be so awesome except or one fact........

Our economy is better then most of the rest of the US .........but hey whats facts when you can have hyperbole and nasty discourse right!

Lets not forget all of the companies that would come to Texas if it was its own entitiy, looking to get out of the crappy US Tax bs and health care debacle!

Texas economy would grow with "foreign" companies making their home here

No dude there would be a mass exodus out of Texas and the new country would be stripped of all wealth then santioned and isolated forevermore. It would have less goods than North korea. If they ever wanted anything they would have to get it from the USA, who would install a nice puppet dictator to run the country as the US saw fit. Texas couldnt make it on thier own, because it cant compete with the USA. The USA has a monopoly in every sector you could ever imagine.

Hey, don't try to convince them! They're like toddlers threatening to run away. Let them go (Texas, not the proverbial toddlers)!

Their leaders would never do it because they'd lose all of the protections on their investments. And there are US laws that regulate receiving & transferring funds between nations, so their companies would be screwed on that end too. And why should American states have to honor water sharing deals with Texas anymore? There are so many things they aren't thinking about but who cares? They wanna play with fire, let them.

If I was President, I'd let them leave after a 6 month grace period. Not a grace period for the decision, mind you. the Secession starts on my first day. But a grace period to allow any right wing Americans to sell their possessions & move to Texas & to allow left leaning & centrist Texans to migrate to America. Then I'd let Texas go. They already don't like our government, hate Washington, and hate liberals. That way, both sides could finally get rid of the left vs right crap & move forward.

But we're keeping our bases there. You know, just in case

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That's my thought. GTFO.

Don't let the door hit ya!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The Port of Houston is a port in Houston, Texas, the fourth-largest city in the United States.

It is the busiest port in the United States in terms of foreign tonnage, second-busiest in the United States in terms of overall tonnage, and thirteenth-busiest in the world

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
a reply to: kaylaluv

You really want to sign a petition for Austin to secede from Texas?

Hey, I'm an Austinite and I'll gladly sign a petition against Austin seceding. My God, you really don't know anything about Austin politics do you? Hyde Park and Travis Heights are anomalies and don't speak for the city. You could even call those two neighborhoods a part of California due to all the refugees from the high taxes in Cali. They should all remember why they left Cali and do everything the opposite of what they did there.

Austin has a legitimate complaint. Because of how districting works, the city has zero representation in congress. It's split into 5 districts with each only having a small percentage of the population being from Austin.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

You are clueless. If the place is so bad, why has everyone and his brother been heading here for years. The imports leaving would only make Texas better.

None of this matters since a state cannot leave the union. Sweet deal for the US government as it screws up the country. Remember the 'civil war'.

Because its America DUH, if it was another country no one and i mean no one would want to be there due to all the turmoil leaving would cause to the economy of the new country it would be worse than Greece trying to get loans, and most likely being sanctioned by the USA and allies.

If you ever watched the show preppers the whole state/new country would be SOL for everything they needed.

People would be reduced to scavenging because the texan government couldnt support the people as it would be a bankrupt nation, stripped of talent and wealth. Every big company would leave due to sanctions, you cant do buisness with countries that are santioned.

Get ready for the show preppers to come to Texas if it ever does leave the USA.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Have you even been to Texas and not some inner city part full of people from some where else?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Once we overthrow Texas, we could install Hillary Clinton as leader there. We don't want her here, but some people feel she deserves something. So she can rule over the Texans.

Nope, not Clinton. We'd install a Hispanic American citizen. She or he would be able to identify with the population easier. After all, something like 37% of Texans had Hispanic ancestry in 2010 and that number's growing. So if we got lucky, Texas would still become a multicultural nation and America would have a permanent power shift at the federal level. Muahahaha!

Disclaimer: I almost apologize for my enthusiasm. A conservative secession has been a fantasy of mine for some time now. When they were pouting & saying they were going to secede when Senator Obama won in 2008, I started thinking about it in detail. It would help centrists & the left wing tremendously if any of those conservative leaning states left, but particularly Texas. So anytime someone has brought it up to me, I break into an almost uncontrollable fit of laughter, grinning, and instigation. A genuine campaign for them to secede would be the final push I'd need to abandon my current plans & run for politics. It would be the achieveent of a lifetime if I could help that become a reality.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Have you even been to Texas and not some inner city part full of people from some where else?

What are you trying to say? Be a little more specific so we can understand you.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

No Obama could rule for the good ol USA that would teach em lol! Actually I think Hillary Clinton is an exellent choice, far better than Rick Perry. But to the point the USA would never let them go, and I do mean ever. The USA already has Texas, and its a you can never leave me type of relationship lol. So I am thinking Texas will just go democratic and those on the left will lol.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Water? We actually have a LOT of water here in Texas, not to mention our coastline

Your land space is NOT large enough to support itself completely and solely all on its own because of the volume of population you have to support. That means you're going be highly dependent on imports from the US and other foreign countries.

actually were number two in farming in the United states, we could support ourselves just fine especially without having to allocate so much to other places..........

Land mass isnt what constitutes how much you produce, other countries might have the same land mass but that doesnt mean they have the same amount of actually farmable land........ good thing we have people here who are aware of that huh?

Lumber, minerals and metals, potable water, enough arable land space to farm 100's of food varieties.... etc etc.

Actually we have a lot of minerals, and mining here, ...........

Do you guys even actually look up statistics or do you just say a bunch of stuff and pass them off as fact

Ive already posted several times where we are industry leaders and our resources.......

When you dont have to allocate all those to the rest of a whole nation, you have even more.......

Thats how that works.......

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
The more posts I read, the more I hope Texas does this.

The more posts I read the sadder I get that people on both sides of this if it were ever going to happen don't want to maintain good relations with each other. Does Texas benefit by having a hostile US on it's border? Does the US benefit by having a hostile Texas on it's border?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

True, but at least we have Lloyd Doggett. He used to represent pretty much the whole of Austin until his district got messed up by the GOP.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join