It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas will Secede from the Union, 81,000 signatures!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Don't forget that when Texas became a state part of the deal was a clause that said if at any time in the future Texas decided to leave the US and become its own territory again it could do so freely without intervention from the US government.

I think we all know the government will never honor that agreement, but it does exist.

I think it would work for Texas. They have a strong economy, can be self sufficient, and have a trade harbor. They have everything they need. Free of the burden of US government they could probably make a good go of it. Pretty much the way the rest of Illinois would do if they were free of Chicago. The state would do just fine. Chicago would collapse under the weight of its own corruption. And that's ok with me.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: introvert

Also aren't the armed forces federally funded. Texas would not inherit an army and weapons, they would be left to fund a military from scratch, it would send them bankrupt.

Not really. Before the formal organization of the Continental Army, it was the farmers and independents that were kicking the butt's of the then British army. The citizens and farmers of Texas are no different, except they have companies like NASA, Lockheed, Boeing.......

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Texas does not have one thing that cannot be found elsewhere, or produced elsewhere.

Does Texas really want to compete on the open market with Russia, China and Japan?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

DO you honestly believe the United States would let them go with flowers and trade with Texas? DO you think they they wouldn't add sanctions to the deal? It wouldn't be "OH we are own country now thanks america we'll just do e=veything the same, you guys keep buying from us"

Come on MBTM , texas would be treated as traitors . They would become poor very quickly.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

So they are just trolling you guys like what the Scots do to us, gottcha

Sort of. But, Texans stay vigilant....just in case.
As the saying goes, "It could happen".

Lol probably not but its fun to analyze

link   
a reply to: Violater1

IM sorry but that is irrelevant to todays Armed might of the United States.

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Not only that, if they 'sneak' back into the remaining 49,er 48,,er 47..., they will qualify for an "earned" income tax credit in the 10's of thousands, free medical and a get out of jail free card that never expires....

edit on 1-8-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
hey....Texas is invincible.... and has a marvelous record for cool people that make it into the world scene in all types of sectors.
No I won't let us secede....this republic will never fall.......it's a God thing....specially here in north Texas ..., baby !!

We have so much fun here even in the 100 deggrees dannit...oh did I miss the m key....
right myy son and his bunch decided to go canoe the red river in the early cool morn....that river is heavily shrubbed on the banks...at night or just the evening time.....there is a water moccasin every square yard....they run from anything....but still...they just get hearded around...i'm not kidding ....one per square yard....told ya ...fun to be had
edit on 1-8-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 1-8-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I concede. I don't google Texas secession facts everyday. My bad.

I could be wrong, it's not beyond possibility.

So good luck to them. Have at it.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Texas does not have one thing that cannot be found elsewhere, or produced elsewhere.

Does Texas really want to compete on the open market with Russia, China and Japan?

except that we the infastructure already in place on massive scale , theres a difference.........

Also energy, yes, Texas has energy that honestly cannot be found anywhere else, except maybe the Dakotas.....

And also farmland, you cant just make more farm land......not all land is suitable to sustain crops of certain types....

So ya, if youre thinking logically Texas has plenty that cant just be gotten somewhere else

link   

originally posted by: introvert

I concede. I don't google Texas secession facts everyday. My bad.

I could be wrong, it's not beyond possibility.

So good luck to them. Have at it.

It will never happen......

link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Not really. Before the formal organization of the Continental Army, it was the farmers and independents that were kicking the butt's of the then British army.

Ah Texas education coming into play.

Actually is was not exactly a case of the lone marksmen winning the war.

It was only Lexington and Concord were that happened and even then it was more down to the ROE the Redcoats were under than the Patriots themselves. They were only meant to be on a routine search and seizure of weapons, no fighting had broken out and the army sent out was under junior officers, when you guys took a pot shot at them no one knew what to do and it ended up a chaotic retreat.

After that the war was really decided between the regulars and even then it was the French that proved decisive.
edit on 1-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

you forget Aeronautics isnt just gov aircraft, its also craft for the airlines that pulse through the whole country.

You forget that Texas would be a foreign state so new negotiations would have to be made before you could sell them to American companies. So that industry would come to a full stop.

how much do you think the gov would negotiate when suddenly all of these services were GONE, and they had to deal with the fact that they have to deal on TEXAS terms if they want our goods and services?

That's simple we can just grow everything in the other 49 states we have millions of acres farmland that isn't being used. America can easily do without Texas but Texas cannot do without America.

You dont seriously think that the gov would just stop paying industry in Texas do you?

Texas would be a foreign state so terms and agreements must be made before commerce can begin so all the companies would come to a stand still.

If they were to secede, those prices would go up, guaranteed

No they won't. New companies would start up and compete with each other for the contracts this always lower prices.
Like I said America can do without Texas but Texas can't do without America.

link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

DO you honestly believe the United States would let them go with flowers and trade with Texas? DO you think they they wouldn't add sanctions to the deal? It wouldn't be "OH we are own country now thanks america we'll just do e=veything the same, you guys keep buying from us"

Come on MBTM , texas would be treated as traitors . They would become poor very quickly.

Of course they would! it would be a mess

link   
I have no doubt Texas could stand on its own. It has everything. Rick Perry would make a great Texas president, imo. There would be some growing pains and initial readjustment, but Texas absolutely has the right stuff. It's just a couple of million people away from having the same population numbers as Canada, btw.

link   
a reply to: Violater1

Good luck.. the civil war clearly resolved the question on the ability of states to leave the union.

link   
a reply to: buster2010

read above

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Why pay below minimum? The unions will welcome us. We get all the documentation we need from the Feds., companies get $3000 for every one of us they hire instead of Americans...

Below minimum wage? Hell no? " We want 15 per hour minimum wage...for now...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We could lease the US federal highways to them Texans, or charge tolls to use them.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I can't be bothered to read through all these pages of nonsense, I just wanted to point out the date on that article:

Posted: 11/13/2012

And although the update is stated as being:

Updated: 05/24/2015

There doesn't seem to be any movement on this.

So, if their petition was ready to go back in 2012, and they haven't left the union almost three years later, I think it's fair to call this a non-story.

I'm sure we would have noticed if 81,000 Texas citizens held a protest to demand departure from the Union, as they haven't, this is nonsense.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join