It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas will Secede from the Union, 81,000 signatures!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

To quote the words of the prophet Apu from the Kwik-e-emart: "The south shall come again!"

Let them succeed as a social experiment-then we'll see how long they remain the 15th largest economy in the world.

edit on 2-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
See ya!

Don't mind us if we build a fence to keep you out.

And lose that delicious Oil? no way man! lol!!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Violater1

To quote the words of the prophet Apu from the Kwik-e-emart: "The south shall come again!"

Let them succeed as a social experiment-then we'll see how long they remain the 15th largest economy in the world.

Youre so right...

When all the companies suffering ridiculous taxation because of US GOV bureaucrats and money hungry thugs, find out they can just drive on down to Texas and set up shop and not have to deal with all that?

Think jobs going over seas is bad? were talking within a day or two drive from anywhere!

We will probably jump up to 9 or 10 lol
edit on 8/2/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

When all the companies suffering ridiculous taxation because of US GOV bureaucrats and money hungry thugs, find out they can just drive on down to Texas and set up shop and not have to deal with all that? We will probably jump up to 9 or 10 lol

Is that before or after export tariffs? and I can't imagine the FTA's will be fair.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Wow, this has been an interesting read!
It reminds me of the threads when Scotland had its referendum on independence, bitterness and arguments about economics from both sides. Spurious statistics, claims and counter claims, pretty much everything on opinion because there are so many unknown factors or outcomes.

If it's any comfort, just wait until next year when we have the referendum in the UK to decide if we stay in the European Union, it's gonna be bitchy as hell.
Expect Brits arguing with Brits, and brits arguing with citizens from other countries in the EU.
I can't wait!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

When all the companies suffering ridiculous taxation because of US GOV bureaucrats and money hungry thugs, find out they can just drive on down to Texas and set up shop and not have to deal with all that? We will probably jump up to 9 or 10 lol

Is that before or after export tariffs? and I can't imagine the FTA's will be fair.

:cool

Will be some really interesting negotiations, considering we have a crap ton of resources and manufacturing they will want to retain!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Then th e UN will arbitrate and or punish the US for being a bunch of arses.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Will be some really interesting negotiations, considering we have a crap ton of resources and manufacturing they will want to retain!

And those resources would be...?

In this day an age where most of the Rare Rarth Elements being mined in Africa, and nations like India and China are looking to Australia and other nations for Iron ore because of falling commodity prices, what can Texas offer? A good T-bone?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

In this day an age where most of the Rare Rarth Elements being mined in Africa, and nations like India and China are looking to Australia and other nations for Iron ore because of falling commodity prices, what can Texas offer? A good T-bone?

Oil for one. especially since if it becomes a soverign nation they can claim alot of rigs in their Economic Exclusion zone.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

eh.......really not in the mood to repeat myself for the 100th time on this thread........

Try either clicking back two pages, or doign a google search.......

Man you can always tell the people that come in just to pop off who havent read a damn thing.......

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Texas its own country yet again? I'd support it. In fact, I have always wished the Republic of Vermont were still its own country and that it never became a state. How cool would it be to have a little mountainous landlocked nation with forests, timber, and snow booming as a tourist destination with a whacky currency and dialect. Like a little alpine-like Switzerland sitting there surrounded by Europe.

BACK TO THE POINT OF THE THREAD...AS FAR AS TEXAS SECESSION GOES I have a great idea. Why not use secession as a tool to fix what is broken without breaking the law, without risking lawsuits of unheard of magnitude, and without walking all over the procedures set by the founders. Then where life in the US today is tailored around a person living life in debt and servitude to the top 10% and living outside of this rigid path is difficult to do without drawing attention and harassment...instead the nation could be flipped into being a nation in which the 90% redefines the way of life we live and takes back the resources that are rightfully ours from the top 10%. Example, the United States have a binding contract forfeiting our right as a sovereign nation to print notes of tender and mint coinage giving this incredibly controlling power to a single entity and through the wording of said contract, even the US as a whole, as an independent Republic, owes this entity for any monies borrowed plus interest and forfeits tangible and/or truly valuable, quantifiable, and verifiable things as payment for loans which are no more than a bunch of keystrokes and the return key which says that the central bank has transferred that amount to the US. This is like going to eat dinner at a virtual restaurant where you sit down starving and put on your virtual reality visor eagerly then digging in to the giant plate of pasta in front of you which looks so tasty and filling but you realize there is something not right about the situation once you shovel the bite into your mouth and it doesn't get any better as you chew or swallow but at the end of the meal the bill is anything BUT virtual. economy exists only to pay citizens for work done, enrich our lives with imports from abroad, ensure our loved ones future by providing quantified opportunity upon our passing, or for helping causes around the world in need of financial help. Never again would we see overprinting of $ and fractional res. lending practiced which ensure a loan borrowed inflates so high payments are made on it til the day the borrower dies.
So by succeeding, Texas can stop and consider a new system for currency without being liable for a suit by the Fed Res since they aren't the United States. Heck, they could experiment with allowing private banks to print debt certificates again like way back when or come up with a new economic idea entirely.

Even better would be if state by state were to seceed then each could leave the Federal Reserve behind and eventually because this side would outnumber and outgun those who didn't have balls to take a stand, they could force the fixes on the entire area that was the US. change all the laws deemed unconstitutional like Obama's internet censoring bill and the bill easing the procedure for martial law declaration. Then when the people are done putting everything wrong back on a path to repairing our lives, we rejoin any states that did not join the secession train and because the country would be functioning with the standard of living of the 90% as the biggest priority, we then enact a plan for "Reconstruction 2.0" which would bring the top 10% (and that damn 1%) back into the nation with a nice list of regulations.

We could rework international aid too so Pakistan and Isreal receive NOTHING while Haiti, the Congo, and Libya receive aid and it's given to keep the people's representatives in a position of sovereignty, not the guy who murders the innocent while leaving accidental weapons stockpiles around like Easter eggs. Last would be giving pharmaceutical companies a whippin and ending price gouging and forcing them to make public all the cures they may be hiding, natural remedies that are subdued cuz of not being patentable, and reworking the fda as an entity to control food drink and vaccines using data that isn't "Dayta," a data-product- brought to you by Monsato. Sheeesh, in one day we could oust the Fed. and take power from corporations, healthcare industry, and banks by not acting illegally but by changing countries, doing what WOULD be illegal, then switching back. Everyone leaves the union in the morning, declare a new currency or two (or 3 or 4) that should be recognized in these parts, then by sundown everyone reunites under a different name and for all intents and purposes adopt the laws, customs, and politicians of the former USA.

To avoid any future litigation by the central bank, it might be better to re-unite as The Adjacent Regions of America or even The United States.

Even if my scenario doesn't happen though, I hope if this does go anywhere...which it hasn't any of the 7 times in my life TX threatened secession, I DO hope their first order of business is to RECONFIGURE THE CURRENCY AND INCLUDE IN THEIR CONSTITUTION THAT ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS TURNING OVER THE NATIONS RIGHT TO BE THE SOLE PRINTER OF CURRENCY should be arrested and charged with HIGH TREASON. What would they end up with... the gold standard/silver standard...(hmm Texas...Texas...) oh, the firearm standard...even SUGGESTING giving up sole rights to make $ or suggesting that fractional reserve lending is a fair, morally sound practice should be charged with LOW TREASON (can tell I just woke up when in my imagination Future Texas as a nation backs its money with its hordes of guns...instead of a 1 pound of sterling silver, in Texas each note represents four handguns, three rifles, two shotguns, or one assault weapon. And they can back their coinage with high school football stars. "Don't forget your change ma'am, I owe you a quarterback!" Would be the national joke. And yes in my imagination, Future Texas recognizes high treason and low treason. Conclusion? I better crawl back into bed for an hour or two.
edit on 8/2/2015 by AlexandrosTheGreat because:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

That made me chuckle!

Looking at (nominal) GDP though, Texas is bigger than South Korea, Australia, Mexico, Spain, Russia, Indonesia, Turkey, Netherlands, Switzerland and even Saudi Arabia.
Lazy Wiki Link

Of course you guys are not going anywhere soon, but you'd have a better chance than say Vermont who are on a par with the likes of Paraguay lol

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
or ... if they were to make Perry El Presidente for Life or whatever ...

Anyone want odds on how long it would be before the RoT is declared a terrorist state and faces international sanctions?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Oil. That's it? Oil?

But then again that commodity is precious and the issue will be resolved before you can say annexation.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Wow great post! I like your ideas!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Anyone want odds on how long it would be before the RoT is declared a terrorist state and faces international sanctions?

Never if they didnt do anything that qualifies as terrorism. But we all know how some of US here perfeer a corrupt government over a truly free democratic republic. The texas state constitution is the law they would follow.Texans woudnt stand for a el presidente/dictator.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

That made me chuckle!

Looking at (nominal) GDP though, Texas is bigger than South Korea, Australia, Mexico, Spain, Russia, Indonesia, Turkey, Netherlands, Switzerland and even Saudi Arabia.
Lazy Wiki Link

Of course you guys are not going anywhere soon, but you'd have a better chance than say Vermont who are on a par with the likes of Paraguay lol

LoL no were not going anywhere thats for sure, Id like to see the US get its crap together more then us secede, If we were too, and it were to become this great thing for Texas, Id feel kinda bad for everyone left behind in the Craphole that the gov turned it into

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Wed prefer Rand Paul or someone else to Perry, Perry has done some good but hes not a lot of ours cup of tea

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Oil. That's it? Oil?

But then again that commodity is precious and the issue will be resolved before you can say annexation.

yes, thats it ......oil.........forget what was posted JUST after your post, or on the last few pages.......

everyone wants Spoon fed information, half the problem with this country

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

YEah he seemed to leave out i said "for One" which implies more than one. lol!!

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join