It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas will Secede from the Union, 81,000 signatures!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Texas can legally rejoin the UK.

We don't want you.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Sigh, so I said that secession is an act of a sovreign State, and you "correct" me by saying that secession is act of a State.

you missed the point of the retort

Why should American citizens be removed from or denied their property by an act of a foreign State?

They wont, they have the choice to stay or go..........

Not to mention, their property value will probably increase.......

You can act as exasperated as you want , and act like youre "regarding" an idiot as much as it amuses you, but the irony doesnt escape the average poster reading this

You're passing over this the same way Punisher did, and that's fine.

Im sorry we didnt acknowledge your superior intellect to your liking.......

Cheers and good saturday!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75
a reply to: Talorc
Ahh see that is why I did not respond, because as a colony we were still considered citizens if I understand correctly. Just with little in the way of representation.
One day were were citizens and then the next day we were not.

I was not sure what he meant exactly or were his thoughts were on the matter. so I did not want to assume that he did not know something.

Maybe he did know, but regardless, it would be disingenuous to paint everything in the UK as peachy since 1707. It's just not true. As a student of history, things like that bug me a lot.

Not to mention the fact that there is ongoing ethnic/religious conflict in N. Ireland at this very moment. People there run the risk of being killed all the time for their political stance, on both sides. Things are far from "unified" in the UK.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If Texas succeeds from the USA then I think tons of people will be trying to move there.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
This is an updated story from earlier in The Huff Post and is dated today Aug 01, 2015. I had earlier this morning found this story in an AOL link, but it has now disappeared.
Texas Nationalist Movement has a petition for Texas secession an now qualifies for a response from the White House. www.huffingtonpost.com...< br /> The The Texas petition reads:

"Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it's (sic) citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government."

I wonder what Texas would do with the 15 military posts and the economies that go with them?
I know Ft. Hood and Ft. Bliss are large. Not mentioning the airfields and armor?
If Texas were to break... would they have to give those up or would it be considered seizure...
Just curious....

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc
I know Ireland...had its big secession thing not to long ago. But other than that I must be honest in saying I don't know much about many of the internal political problems they have there.

edit on 1-8-2015 by Punisher75 because: whoops.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Anyone who's interested in the ongoing ethnic conflict in Northern Ireland should watch this documentary:

www.youtube.com...

"Unity in the UK", what a f*cking joke.....

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
Anyone who's interested in the ongoing ethnic conflict in Northern Ireland should watch this documentary:

www.youtube.com...

"Unity in the UK", what a f*cking joke.....

Ah I am watching as we speak... er type and read.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1

This is an updated story from earlier in The Huff Post and is dated today Aug 01, 2015. I had earlier this morning found this story in an AOL link, but it has now disappeared.
Texas Nationalist Movement has a petition for Texas secession an now qualifies for a response from the White House. www.huffingtonpost.com...< br /> The The Texas petition reads:

"Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it's (sic) citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government."

I wonder what Texas would do with the 15 military posts and the economies that go with them?
I know Ft. Hood and Ft. Bliss are large. Not mentioning the airfields and armor?
If Texas were to break... would they have to give those up or would it be considered seizure...
Just curious....

IMHO US troops would probably leave and we would re purpose the bases to be used by our own military......

They would take whats theirs or negotiate for what to keep , and then we would continue to build our own equipment and deliver to bases that were formerly US military bases

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
since originaly Texas was only a State by a Treaty
and the only one by Treaty ( originally ) reason being it once was called the Lone Star State

Might as well be Independent ! a Nation within !

They can Deal with Mexico..

Make there own laws , Bring back Slavery!
( Virgina, North & South Carolina
Louisiana Alabama Mississippi would Love that )

Combine Church & State ( Ohio would Love that )

and lets see how far that, take's them and cut everything that is Federal seeing
they don't want to be as State anymore
and Be the Red State It want's to be !

Hell they might make it ! Lot of Country's around the world are Smaller then Texas

Hell California, Lower New Mexico , Arizona Should Follow Suit !

Nah how about the whole Dam Half of the Nation ( Red States )

then North America can Compete Who's Better !

and have a Civil War Part II ! but this time the Cause is a Differnt kind of
Corperate Coruption !

It Reminds me of some PC Game ! that practically did just that ! divided the USA into 3 Nations ..

The Game :: Shattered Union

www.youtube.com...

See: 1:25 Mark ( where Texas and Other States form as, The Republic of Texas )

Interesting Huh ?

So is Texas Trying to Make this as a # Got Real ??

edit on 62015SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago8212 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 62015SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago8212 by Wolfenz because: shattered union texas republic pic

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I have never called you an idiot, or implied that you were one. You know better than that.

You are stubbornly only going to see one side of this issue, and ignore anything that doesn't agree with you.

You keep denying that Americans with dual citizenship in an assumed "Republic of Texas" would have greater rights than you're allowing for. Fine. You think you're going to toss 12 million Texas-American's out on their tails, I personally think you've got another thing comin'.

It's not worth my time, or the wear and tear on my blood pressure. I don't think I have superior intellect, but, let's be real neither of you are faultless in the "talking down to someone" game. You just want to whine that people are being mean and nasty when you're doing the same thing.

Don't be a hypocrite. It doesn't become you.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

Haven't you been reading? None of the actual legal complexities matter ... LOL.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Terminal1

Just curious....

IMHO US troops would probably leave and we would re purpose the bases to be used by our own military......

They would take whats theirs or negotiate for what to keep , and then we would continue to build our own equipment and deliver to bases that were formerly US military bases

If the bases are left intact. Don't forget about Obama's drone fetish and it would be good target practice to level a real base.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So just maybe this !

will become a reailty in Time ??

Shattered Union
en.wikipedia.org...

The European Union parliament meets in an emergency session, and votes to send peacekeepers to the Washington Metropolitan Area to secure international interests and protection of European citizens in the United States. As secessionist sentiment rises in America, the governor of California declares home rule, and California secedes from the Union on April 15, 2013. Texas follows a few days later, taking neighboring states with it and re-forming the Republic of Texas. Other factions form in the following months, and by 2014, all hopes for a peaceful resolution are gone and the Second American Civil War begins.

edit on 62015SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago8212 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I can't stop.

The "yellow" on this map is the original boundaries of "The Republic of Texas"

Here's another view:

So, if the thesis is that the original Republic of Texas could withdraw from the Union, that is the region that would "belong" to such a State.

At least, base what you're saying on some sort of reality.

Texas Annexation

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
... and here's a link to the Annexation Treaty between the USA and TX. Link

Here's what you find in the first few articles:

ARTICLE I.

The Republic of Texas, acting in conformity with the wishes of the people and every department of its government, cedes to the United States all its territories, to be held by them in full property and sovereignty, and to be annexed to the said United States as one of their Territories, subject to the same constitutional provisions with their other Territories. This cession includes all public lots and squares, vacant lands, mines, minerals, salt lakes and springs, public edifices, fortifications, barracks, ports and harbours, navy and navy-yards, docks, magazines, arms, armaments and accoutrements, archives and public documents, public funds debts, taxes and dues unpaid at the time of the exchange of the ratifications of this treaty.

ARTICLE II.

The citizens of Texas shall be incorporated into the Union of the United States, maintained and protected in the free enjoyment of their liberty and property and admitted, as soon as may be consistent with the principles of the federal constitution, to the enjoyment of all the rights, privileges and immunities of citizens of the United States.

ARTICLE III.

All titles and claims to real estate, which are valid under the laws of Texas, shall be held to be so by the United States; and measures shall be adopted for the speedy adjudication of all unsettled claims to land, and patents shall be granted to those found to be valid.

... which is what I've been trying to get across to you knowledgeable gentlemen.

There is not a damned thing in there about frickin' "secession" or "take backsies" or whatever.

Read it, or remain ignorant, I care not.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ha! The backbone of most of our cell phones and internet television will be now hosted outside the country.
Probably a huge service charge.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Can Texas seceed?

Nope, Texas is now subject to the laws of the United States:

Texas v. White, United States Supreme Court, (1869)
In 1869, the Supreme Court ruled that secession of Texas from the United States was illegal. The court wrote, "The Constitution, in all its provisions, looks to an indestructible Union, composed of indestructible States." The court did allow some possibility of the divisibility "through revolution, or through consent of the States."

DeLima v. Bidwell, 182 U.S. 1 (1901)
Annexation via a joint resolution of Congress is legal. The Supreme Court wrote, "A treaty made by that power is said to be the supreme law of the land, as efficacious as an act of Congress; and, if subsequent and inconsistent with an act of Congress, repeals it. This must be granted, and also that one of the ordinary incidents of a treaty is the cession of territory, and that the territory thus acquired is acquired as absolutely as if the annexation were made, as in the case of Texas and Hawaii, by an act of Congress."

Legal Status of Texas

By treaty, or by right of conquest ... however you look at it. Nope.
edit on 21Sat, 01 Aug 2015 21:17:42 -050015p092015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: StoneFace

1. Line breaks are your friend.

2. 90% of your post is negatively critiquing other responses in the discussion and general musing about how you'd like the conversation to go with little added evidence.

3. You do not have a corner on The Truth.

4. Have a great day yourself!

What is this as a reply? - line breaks... irrelevant.
90% is critiquing... and.... so your point being that previous posts with relevant information, apparently not being read, that have to do directly with the topic at hand and pointing that out for others to appreciate, acknowledge and move the topic forward is "little added evidence" ... I disagree.

...line break...

Apparently you do not understand - read previous links / posts to reinforce discussion points... also, I do not claim ownership of any corner of truth. Your inability to understand how conversations and discussions progress through to a successful conclusion does not make it not true. It makes your opinions mean very little.

...line break...

Sarcasm is useful at times and can be very beneficial to those that use it properly, Your attempt was poor and I must confess my attempt or use thereof with the '..line break...' comments was poor as well.

All is well though and appreciate conversing with you and others, lets just hope Texas doesn't invade - those people are just plain crazy.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
For as patriotic as conservatives claim they are..they are the ones that keep actively trying to break up the U.S and what our founding fathers died for...

Shame shame

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join