It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emperor Haile Selassie The First

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JahRastafari
You're stumbling block is the word, "deity". It seems as though you refuse to accept the definition of that word because it goes against your beliefs.

No, that is your stumbling block. He was clearly correcting the Rastafari. I think both Selassie and I agree on the definition of that word. You are the one who refuses to accept that it means god.

Deity - from Dictionary.com

Deity
noun, plural deities.
1. a god or goddess.
2. divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being; divinity.
3. the estate or rank of a god:
4. a person or thing revered as a god or goddess:
5. the Deity, God; Supreme Being.

ETA: And with this, I will bow out and let you tend to your thread.
edit on 10-8-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Deity
noun, plural deities.
1. a god or goddess.
2. divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being; divinity.
3. the estate or rank of a god:
4. a person or thing revered as a god or goddess:
5. the Deity, God; Supreme Being.

ETA: And with this, I will bow out and let you tend to your thread.

Why do you skip the first meaning/definition of the word?

Number 5 holds the answer, notice how the word, "Deity" is capitalized. "God" and "god" are not the same (John 10:34-35).

Your questions have been the most engaging thus far, you are always welcome to post on this thread.
edit on 10-8-2015 by JahRastafari because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2015 by JahRastafari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
"It is our conviction that all the activities of the children of men, which are not guided by the spirit and council of God will bear no lasting fruits; they will not be acceptable in the sight of God. It will therefore come to naught as the tower of Babel came to naught. The grace of God is eternal. Angels in heaven and the creation on Earth sing His praise. We thank the Master of the world Almighty God. Power belongs to God. May God our Creator, the helper and guiding light of us all grant you His wisdom that you may bear fruits for His glory." - His Majesty

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Any devotion other than devotion to the King of Heaven and Earth Emperor Haile Selassie The First, is idolatry. The Bible does not advocate that we pray to the Virgin Mary, or Empress Menan, or any of the saints. There is only One who is worthy to be praised and that is the King of Glory. All other forms of worship are vain and sacrilegious.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JahRastafari

Ok Last post. I don't buy into capitaliztion changing the meaning of words. Seems like a desperate thing to make things fit.

I didn't skip any definition, they all say god in one way or another.

If I am not mistaken, the source of the words that Selassie spoke where captured audio. You have no way of knowing if the word was capitalaized or not. Not that it makes a difference to most people, either.

Lastley you have the fact that it ws a reply to the Rastafari claim. Context dictates that he was telling them that they were wrong. He wouldn't have needed to tell them "not" to do something if it was correct.

Remember, my point is about how the message looks to the receiver not how you see it. Just a friendly observation.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Ok Last post. I don't buy into capitaliztion changing the meaning of words. Seems like a desperate thing to make things fit.

I didn't skip any definition, they all say god in one way or another.

If I am not mistaken, the source of the words that Selassie spoke where captured audio. You have no way of knowing if the word was capitalaized or not. Not that it makes a difference to most people, either.

Again, "God" and "gods" are not the same. Also His Majesty said, "a deity" not, "the one and only Deity".

Lastley you have the fact that it ws a reply to the Rastafari claim. Context dictates that he was telling them that they were wrong. He wouldn't have needed to tell them "not" to do something if it was correct.

The Rastafarians are wrong, His Majesty is not Christ and Christ is not God. His Majesty is not the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and He knew better than anyone that Jesus Christ is not God. Rastas believe in the reincarnation of Christ and they think that His Majesty is Christ reincarnated in his "kingly character". If we look at the context of the answer, it was a reply to the statement, "There are millions throughout the world, your Imperial Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ."

Reincarnation is a false concept, usually attributed to deities (plural), that's why His Majesty said it.

On the death of Prince Makonnen, His Majesty said, "Death changes everything, sweeps everything away. Even mistakes."

Remember, my point is about how the message looks to the receiver not how you see it. Just a friendly observation.

This is a simple misconception, but we must understand that through this type of reasoning we can learn the truth. Honest discussions and thoughtful questions will lead us to higher knowledge.

Haile Selassie I said, "A man who says, "I have learned enough and will learn no further" should be considered as knowing nothing at all."

He also said, "Education and the quest for knowledge stops only at the grave."

These are good questions and this thread was started so that we may discuss these things so please continue asking questions.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

This is a simple misconception, but we must understand that through this type of reasoning we can learn the truth. Honest discussions and thoughtful questions will lead us to higher knowledge.

But you seem to be expecting everyone else to change while you stand stubborn.

That isn't a quest for knowledge, that is wanting to be right no matter what. That is what people see and that is why your message is dying out.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

But you seem to be expecting everyone else to change while you stand stubborn.

We only expect to be crucified (rejected).

That isn't a quest for knowledge, that is wanting to be right no matter what. That is what people see and that is why your message is dying out.

This Message is eternal life according to the Bible (John 10:28, 1 John 2:25). The truth will stand regardless of popularity.

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever" (Psalm 111:10).

That's why we who believe must continue to study to increase in knowledge so that we may put on the whole armor of God.

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" (Ephesians 6: 10-17).

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Timothy 3:16).

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Here is a free 85 page preview of Brother Omar Tobijah's book, Seventy Years Accomplished 2nd Edition. To my knowledge, this is the largest free preview available.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

We only expect to be crucified (rejected).

Not even close to the same thing.

Intereseting point that you are sticklers for definitions at times but play real loose with the meaning of words when it suits you.

It isn't even about you. It's about the message, or at least it should be but, honestly, there seems to be a real persecution complex with you.

Makes no difference to me if people believe you or not. I'm just letting you know why most probably won't.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

"We only expect to be crucified (rejected)."

Not even close to the same thing.

Intereseting point that you are sticklers for definitions at times but play real loose with the meaning of words when it suits you.

It isn't even about you. It's about the message, or at least it should be but, honestly, there seems to be a real persecution complex with you.

Makes no difference to me if people believe you or not. I'm just letting you know why most probably won't.

The Bible describes death as being rejected not as a physical elimination. God rose Christ from the dead because his message is true and although in the eyes of man he was called a fool, in the sight of the LORD he was correct and granted all authority in heaven and earth. Paul most famously affirmed this in 1 Corinthians 15:31 when he said that he dies daily. It cannot then be perceived that he was literally being killed every day; the scriptures are written in parables. The crucifixion of Christ was the sign of his advent for Jesus lived a long life on earth well after this event. John 21:25 asserts this fact, "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen." This verse is referring to his deeds after the resurrection because the message cannot be destroyed for it is the Word of God.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
"New questions shall be posed to our ancient, traditional and customary habits of thoughts. Long held conceptions and beliefs shall come under ever closer critical scrutiny and examination. Our response to these challenges will decide the future." - Our God and King Emperor Haile Selassie The First

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This video explains that John the Baptist IS Jesus Christ. We know this by the revelation of God Emperor Haile Selassie the First through his Son Jesus Christ Primus St. Croix. John preached that we are to follow Jesus, because Christ did not glorify himself.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Your bible decoding skills are not convincing either. You guys are bad it this from almost every angle.

Enjoy your truth, hope you were not serious about saving future generations from suffering because if that depends on you guys getting a clear message out, then the world is in deep trouble.

Good thing it doesn't.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Your bible decoding skills are not convincing either. You guys are bad it this from almost every angle.

Enjoy your truth, hope you were not serious about saving future generations from suffering because if that depends on you guys getting a clear message out, then the world is in deep trouble.

Good thing it doesn't.

Matthew 13:11-17

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

edit on 10-8-2015 by JahRastafari because: Added song.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You probably posted half, if not all, of those verses before. They didn't mean anything then and they still don't. Repeating the same things over and over won't make them true.

You remind me of some guys I spoke with a while back that were from the Nation of Islam. They would do the same thing.

I guess I have the hope that people are keen enough to see the BS if someone points it out but, they almost always disappoint.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Repeating the same things over and over won't make them true.

I guess I have the hope that people are keen enough to see the BS if someone points it out but, they almost always disappoint.

So we're in agreement then?

You remind me of some guys I spoke with a while back that were from the Nation of Islam. They would do the same thing.

"Hence, if anybody says that differences exist between Moslems and Christians, that person is an enemy of Ethiopia." - His Majesty

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

So we're in agreement then?

Yeah, but you are the one doing the repeating, even when it has nothing to do with the point being discussed.

"Hence, if anybody says that differences exist between Moslems and Christians, that person is an enemy of Ethiopia." - His Majesty

Interesting. I'm sure you have a whole set of definitions so that somehow makes sense.

I'm not even going to try.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
"In order for those who have been misled to begin to see "correctly", they must have a clear, analytical understanding of the origin, strategies, mechanics, purpose and methods of the device that has blinded them in the first place." - Dr. Ray Hagins

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join