It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emperor Haile Selassie The First

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JahRastafari
We therefore are supposed to be looking for God on earth, not in the sky or after we physically die.

The emperor is no longer on earth.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

God manifested in the flesh at one of the most crucial times in human history by natural means so that humanity would be able to emulate Him and His actions.

Yes, as Jesus the Christ, and none other. He said, he who has seen Me has seen the Father.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Also, the reason this thread was posted under, "Conspiracies In Religions" is because we reject the Roman Ecumenical Councils and the fabrication of a historical man named Jesus Christ. Emperor Comstantine's Ecumenical Council in 325 AD is where the idea to interpret all religious scripture literally came from and the idea that the Father and son are the same entity, these false concepts that are not supported in the Bible were made into law. Anyone who opposed these ideas or the Roman Catholic Church was labeled a heretic (and still is). But Jesus Christ was manifest to destroy the works of the devil (the pope of Rome) in our lifetime (1 John 3:8).

We trust that this thread will be categorized correctly according to its topic and we do not oppose any movement of this thread to another topic ie. "Religion and Theology", thanks.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

"God manifested in the flesh at one of the most crucial times in human history by natural means so that humanity would be able to emulate Him and His actions."

Yes, as Jesus the Christ, and none other. He said, he who has seen Me has seen the Father.

a reply to: Lazarus Short

That's incorrect and we respectfully disagree.
edit on 1-8-2015 by JahRastafari because: Added quotes.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Jesus Christ and God The Father are not the same person. The concept of them being the same contradicts within the scriptures.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JahRastafari

There are many differing views on the Godhead. The Scriptures mention Seven Spirits of God, so the Father + the Son + seven Spirits = nine, a trinity of trinities - yet they are all One. Just my view.

BTW, I like your avatar, an excellent likeness of His Majesty.

edit on 1-8-2015 by Lazarus Short because: btw...

edit on 1-8-2015 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

a reply to: Revolution9

His Majesty never denied that He was God, he denied being Jesus Christ - there is a difference.

Haha! I love the Rasta people too much to go arguing with you. It is up to you, Dear Soul, how you want to view it all.

He made some amazing speeches for sure. Ehtiopia wasn't perfect under His reign, but He stuck up for His people big time when the Italians stole Ethiopia, was in exile in England just up the road a bit from where I am typing. The British King was very kind to Him and gave Him sanctuary.

Damned commies took advantage of hard times and had a coup. Finished off the Ethiopian Monarchy. The Emperor was an old man by then. He didn't want bloodshed or to cause a civil war so He turned the other cheek. Some say He did not die quick enough and He was killed. They buried Him under the toilet in the palace. Years later He was exhumed and laid to rest properly.

President Kennedy entertained Him on a state visit to the U.S. He was a friend to the West, but they left Him alone when they had the communist coup. Nobody came to His rescue.

Yes, much affection for that man and the Rasta people.

Don't forget, most of the West didn't help Ethiopia when Italy invaded them, either. And this was despite Selassie's numerous requests for help. IIn fact, there are many reports that the League of Nations knew about Italy's plans beforehand.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Probably the strangest thing about this to me was I was just playing Civilization V and the game randomly assigned me Emperor Haile Selassie and I chose the "God-King" religious Pantheon right before I saw this post.

edit on 1-8-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
And this was despite Selassie's numerous requests for help.

Sounds like he was well aware that he was not god.
edit on 1-8-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Seems to me that he was well aware that he was not god.

Yes, I pulled this from Wiki:

In a 1967 recorded interview Haile Salassie appeared to deny his divinity. In the interview Bill McNeil says: "there are millions of Christians throughout the world, your Imperial Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ." Selassie replied in his native language:
"I have heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that I am a man, that I am mortal, and that I will be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that a human being is emanated from a deity."

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I'm sure rastafarians probably see a big cover up.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

Seems to me that he was well aware that he was not god.

Yes, I pulled this from Wiki:

In a 1967 recorded interview Haile Salassie appeared to deny his divinity. In the interview Bill McNeil says: "there are millions of Christians throughout the world, your Imperial Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ." Selassie replied in his native language:
"I have heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that I am a man, that I am mortal, and that I will be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that a human being is emanated from a deity."

Yes, it's true that His Majesty is not Christ nor is He a deity. He's the Father of creation. Deity - noun,
a god or goddess (in a polytheistic religion).

edit on 1-8-2015 by JahRastafari because: Spelling.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
Probably the strangest thing about this to me was I was just playing Civilization V and the game randomly assigned me Emperor Haile Selassie and I chose the "God-King" religious Pantheon right before I saw this post.

It hasn't been the same since II gold.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I'm sure rastafarians probably see a big cover up.

It's an absolute conspiracy that we don't learn about His Majesty in the public or private schools, universities etc. not to mention the propaganda that's continually promoted by the Roman Catholic Church and people who oppose His laws and commandments (Ethiopian Penal Code of 1957) and theocratic government (Kingdom of Heaven). One of the main reasons why Rome attacked Ethiopia in WWII is because the church felt threatened by the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy when His Majesty was coronated with the titles of God on November 2nd, 1930.
edit on 1-8-2015 by JahRastafari because: Spelling.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Haile Selassie Christmas Interview with Dr. Oswald Hoffman

That is a Christmas radio interview transcript from 1968. It gives precise details of The King's faith and world view.

My only qualm is that all this H.I.M is God or Christ thing has got in the way of the real man, His wisdom and very fascinating life:

"It's quite true that there is no perfection in humanity. From time to time we make mistakes. We do commit sins, but even as we do that, deep in our hearts as Christians we know we have a chance of forgiveness from the Almighty. He taught us that all men are equal regardless of sex, their national origin and tribe. And He also taught us all who seek HIM shall find HIM. To live in this healthy life, a Christian life, is what makes me follow Jesus Christ."

The Old King even spoke about gender equality.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It's an absolute conspiracy that we don't learn about His Majesty in the public or private schools, universities etc.

Sure it is.

One of the main reasons why Rome attacked Ethiopia in WWII is because the church felt threatened by the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy when His Majesty was coronated with the titles of God on November 2nd, 1930.

Empty title is empty.

ETA: You don't find it odd that "The Father of Creation" couldn't keep the italians from conquering his country?

edit on 1-8-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Dunno, but every time I play Civ V and I see Haile Selassie, I get annoyed. The dude's AI is a jerk. He'll be all nice to you and then stab you in the back, every single time. Only nuking Ghandi is much worse.

He's earned the nickname Rat Face in our house when it comes to that game.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Haile Selassie Christmas Interview with Dr. Oswald Hoffman

That is a Christmas radio interview transcript from 1968. It gives precise details of The King's faith and world view.

My only qualm is that all this H.I.M is God or Christ thing has got in the way of the real man, His wisdom and very fascinating life:

"It's quite true that there is no perfection in humanity. From time to time we make mistakes. We do commit sins, but even as we do that, deep in our hearts as Christians we know we have a chance of forgiveness from the Almighty. He taught us that all men are equal regardless of sex, their national origin and tribe. And He also taught us all who seek HIM shall find HIM. To live in this healthy life, a Christian life, is what makes me follow Jesus Christ."

The Old King even spoke about gender equality.

You must understand that His Majesty always spoke of Christ prophetically. Here is a quote from the same interview with Dr. Hoffman: "On this occasion I address all those within Our Empire. Our Christianity is not restricted to a given church and I stress above all that we do not wish to make distinctions. My advice to all is to fulfill the Ten Commandments. You are aware of the contents of the Ten Commandments and can elaborate on it. If the nation for which I am the Emperor follows and accepts this, since its also what I accept and follow, I would believe our country is not only historically Christian but also actively Christian." -His Imperial Majesty

Primus St. Croix is Jesus Christ, the metaphorical son of God Emperor Haile Selassie The First.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Sounds like he was well aware that he was not god.

Yep. Though I'm staying out of that part of the argument lol

I have a lot of respect for Rastafarians, particularly the Marley's One Love movement. I respect them the same way I respect peaceful Buddhists, Hindus, and any other group that wants to do positivity with their lives.

But respect is not the same thing as acceptance. Many of their beliefs are completely incompatible with my own. So I basically say "live & let live" when it comes to the details.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

It's an absolute conspiracy that we don't learn about His Majesty in the public or private schools, universities etc.

Sure it is.

One of the main reasons why Rome attacked Ethiopia in WWII is because the church felt threatened by the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy when His Majesty was coronated with the titles of God on November 2nd, 1930.

Empty title is empty.

ETA: You don't find it odd that "The Father of Creation" couldn't keep the italians from conquering his country?

It's true, God His Imperial Majesty could've done anything He wanted to. Instead, He chose to create the universe and subject all of His creation to the laws of nature.

"Are you willing to defend the permanent laws established by the Orthodox Church of Alexandria which, from the time of the Holy Kings, Abraha and Asbaha, have been in existence and in force? Do you pledge that during your reign you will handle the populace with justice, kindness and integrity? Will Your Majesty be under the obligations of the laws that Your Majesty established, and will you protect your Empire and people in accordance with the codes of law you will have established?"
With his hand on the Holy Bible, His Imperial Majesty pledges his word of honor that he will be the righteous monarch demanded of himself, kisses the Bible with a strikingly obvious gesture of sincerity and solemnity, and then affixes his signature to a book in which is recorded all the words of the oath. Then the Emperor sits back on his throne."
- David A. Talbot, Haile Selassie I Silver Jubilee

"Leaders are people, who raise the standards by which they judge themselves and by which they are willing to be judged. The goal chosen, the objective selected, the requirements imposed, are not mainly for their followers alone."
- Emperor Haile Selassie I

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join