It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets reverse the roles.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: gosseyn

Troll.

Troll ? That's typical of atheists. I am a troll because I say God Is Love ?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Thats typical of someone who adheres to some sort of new age philosophy imo. I wouldn't really call it an atheist but if you say so.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

The source that never left us.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The point is to sincerely try and show the other side to be correct.

What?
No, that's not the way it works. It's to sincerely try and show that YOUR TEAM's side is correct, and we've swapped roles. So, I'm the Christian, and you're the atheist. My task is to prove that I AM CORRECT.

Isn't that it?

Well, no matter - that's what I was doing. Using apolotist arguments to convince you (pretend atheist) that I am right.
But, I conceded. YOUR TEAM (the ones pretending to be atheists) wins.

(Works in real life, too!)

by the way, you did a pretty good job! How did I do?

[sincere BW]:
Look, dude. I'm kinda sorry for you all as you watch your beliefs unravel and lose significance before your eyes.
I understand that it makes you feel panicky and angry but at the same time, you look forward to 'the rapture' (so, do we, btw) and the Apocalypse, and you would love nothing BETTER for that to happen.

Thing is, well ----- wish in one hand....

[/sincere] -

Now, posing as a Christian again:

"Do you not understand what horrible things are going to happen? To YOU, physically and emotionally for ALL ETERNITY?
All you had to do was say, 'I accept Jesus and I'm a hopeless sinner' - that was IT! That was all you have to do.

*listens* Wait..."works"? Excuse me? I don't even know what that i...
oh hold on. Okay, yeah that's that weird idea that you have to actually DO THINGS Nonono - faith alone. That's all!! (Pretty straightforward. No biggie.)

*listens* Oh, well, what do you mean you were baptized as an infant! Pffffttahhhaa! What?! That doesn't count. That's like the tradition in the Catholic Church (and some of it's poser offshoots like the Episcopalians, etc) --- how can a baby know they accept Jesus?? Those Catholics aren't Christians anyway - for Pete's sake, the Black Pope is in charge now! Do you know what that even IS??? That's the Jesuit bad guy - the Sith Lord - the Antichrist's messenger.

*listens* Pahaha!!! No, I don't believe that. You are claiming
: that: Babies were baptized as infants so in case they died before age 1 they wouldn't go to Purgator----? oh - wait - limbo? WHAT? Nono, you have to be of reasonable age and consciously choose to accept Jesus. How could a baby do that? Pffft.

anyway, that's neither here nor there. I'm really mostly worried about your soul ---
do you really not care if you wind up in hell? I'd hate to know you were there, because I care about you, my brother, and it would be horrible for me in heaven to imagine you writhing in agony forever and not a da-- darn thing I can do about it, ever.

Because, you know, I love you. And I don't want you to endure that rude awakening, so - would you PLEASE behave before it's too late? STOP with the music and drinking and enjoying yourself.

I'll pray for you.
Your sister in Christ

edit on 8/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
God Is REAL!!

The proof is the Bible because the Bible is the word of God.

Any questions you sinful atheists?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
So I believe that it is helpful to swap your role on occasion. In this thread I would like the atheist/agnostic to argue from the other side. Try and present a convincing argument for God. The Christians should play the role of the atheist and explain why the argument is unconvincing. I believe this increases understanding from both sides. So lets play.

How fun! I'm game. I also think it's an important exercise for people to switch perspectives, no matter how solidly they believe their own to be.

However, I'm not a Christian nor an atheist. So would you like me to argue specifically the side of Christianity or atheism?

Also, whichever role you give me, do you have any specific questions to use as a catalyst? Like "If god exists, why does..." or "If there is no god, how come...", etc?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Do you believe in God?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: danielsil18

Do you believe in God?

Several.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

why?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Hey!! Cuervy

I think you might get booted. You have to play either atheist or Christian.
No in between. gosseyn got a 'foul' for using new-agey stuff.

just - so you know.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

why?

If I argued my own case, that would be the opposite of what this thread is trying to do. We are supposed to be arguing on behalf of other perspectives.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

why?

If I argued my own case, that would be the opposite of what this thread is trying to do. We are supposed to be arguing on behalf of other perspectives.

Wait... so you actually believe in several gods?

Then you can be the evil atheist.

Why dont you believe in God?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

For me, faith is a combination of courage and strength and hope.
Faith is strength, internal strength, it places a trust in your abilities and your capabilities. "Faith can move mountains", so goes the quote, not because something so amorphic can actually move the mountain, but because it provides a confirmation that YOU can.
Faith is courage. It takes courage to believe in something that is not so readily available. It takes guts to take a stand on a moral value that has no other basis than faith.
Faith is hope. Faith is trust in something beyond what can be measured and it is in hope, that there will be something after.

That's just my opinion. And I hope one that answered your question.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
(Hey, readers, it's actually kind of fun! No other contributors?)

Maybe Sunday morning......??

(anyway - !!! Really, it's a grand exercise!! Fun in the RFT thread? Yay!)

S/F, Servant!

edit on 8/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

o_O. You're not having fun with this, are ya. Sorry.

Sensitive subject for a thread that could just be silliness. Lord knows we need more silliness.

*sigh*

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Ok Buzzy, tell me why dont you believe in God.

Ill debunk all atheists in here.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

o_O. You're not having fun with this, are ya. Sorry.

Sensitive subject for a thread that could just be silliness. Lord knows we need more silliness.

*sigh*

the OP asked me a question.

I honestly tried to answer it.

Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: danielsil18

Ok Buzzy, tell me why dont you believe in God.

PSSST: I'm on your team. Playing a Christian.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Beezer, have faith in Jesus and you will have a prosperous and happy life.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Oh, okay. I thought you were playing the OP game.
Sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join