It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Emails from States' Democratic Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The South Carolina Democratic Party is issuing emails with a link to a petition to Stand with Planned Parenthood. After seeing the videos, I cannot imagine why the Democratic Party would want to be outwardly connected to this. I would think they would want to distance themselves from it.

Are any other states' Democratic Parties doing this?

Dear Friends,

The GOP is attacking Planned Parenthood again this week -- hounding women and their doctors.

We're asking you to rally behind Planned Parenthood - one of the most trusted women's health care providers in the country - by signing your name to a petition to show South Carolina stands with Planned Parenthood against these lies.

Friends, Sign Your Name
STAND WITH PLANNED PARENTHOOD

The campaign of lies against Planned Parenthood is getting widely discredited -- in fact, The New York Times Editorial Board is calling it a "Campaign of Deception."

But we all know some people don't care about the truth. That's why we need you to step up, click here, and sign our petition.

Thanks!

-- SCDP

Paid for by the South Carolina Democratic Party

South Carolina Democratic Party
915 Lady Street, Suite 111
Columbia SC 29201 United States

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The first reaction would be to think this is some kind of planned stunt.

But it looks genuine.

Unless of course, the website has been hacked and defaced.

You can never be too careful.

The 2016 campaigns are underway !!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Rather it should be the GOP wanting to distance themselves from the videos and the Center for Medical Progress behind them, since Planned Parenthood did nothing wrong but the secretly taped conversations that comprised the videos is likely criminal. Instead the GOP doubled down with an investigation of PP and an attempt to defund them before their own investigation is over.
edit on 8/1/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If this whole scandalish type thing really goes down that will backfire pretty hard for the SC Democrats, but if it blows over it'll be a nice win for them to stand strong with an institution they believe in through a tough time. Only time will tell I suppose, but a pretty risky gamble from my point of view.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The real question is why would either party want to be directly, outwardly involved in this. Regardless of the connections with both sides (CMP & PP), one would think that both parties wouldn't want to be outwardly connected to either one.

I agree with RomanRhodes, it's a very risky move.

edit on 1/8/2015 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

join