It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe the Moon landings may have been faked

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I can't help myself - the first time I saw this I laughed my ass off.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawfulThey filmed that in Arizona. lol Here's THE question: Why haven't they returned? It should be MUCH easier, to go back and forth, from moon to Earth, these days. If they "did it" then, why couldn't they do it now???? If they had technology to achieve such feats, then; the technology these days should make it an easy mission. So, why haven't they gone back????

Because they never went the 1st time!

40 years later and still no vacation packages????? Come on now. WHO wouldn't pay for a trip to the moon??? Who wouldn't enjoy seeing earth from the moon???? If they did it the first time, you can't tell me they wouldn't have entertained that idea, after that point.

Put moon landings in the same category as 911, JFK, Vietnam, WW1, WW2, etc, etc. If the government said it happened, that's when it should be questioned.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

Indeed..and i think that Just like 9/11

The moonlandings deserve their own ATS-forum.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Wait, so you don't believe in WW1 or WW2 either?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

They never went imo.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

Thanks to this question, I've suddenly become interested in this thread again.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

So because they haven't been back to the moon, that's somehow evidence they didn't go the first time?

I haven't been back to Key West since I went there. Preeeeeetty positive I still went though.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

CRAWL compared to orbital velocities closer to Earth

It's still very fast. Another issue that's not addressed is since they left the earth at 25,000 mph, wouldn't they have to leave the moon at the same speed or reach it soon after for the return trip to not take much longer? Yet as I mentioned, the moon escape velocity is only 5000 and the speed of the orbiting stage was 2100 mph, so after docking they would have to accelerate another 23,000 mph. Where was the fuel for that?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

I think that is a very weird question. Believing in a world war ?

But not everything we are told in history class is the very thruth.

Our history books are writen by the winners of the wars, and not everthing they tell is the truth.

But the moonlandings are much more fake then WW1 and WW2 , of course. ;-)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I haven't been back to Key West since I went there. Preeeeeetty positive I still went though.

How could you prove it to us. Photos perhaps?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

CRAWL compared to orbital velocities closer to Earth

It's still very fast. Another issue that's not addressed is since they left the earth at 25,000 mph, wouldn't they have to leave the moon at the same speed or reach it soon after for the return trip to not take much longer? Yet as I mentioned, the moon escape velocity is only 5000 and the speed of the orbiting stage was 2100 mph, so after docking they would have to accelerate another 23,000 mph. Where was the fuel for that?

Hint: It's called Gravity.

Specifically the Earth's gravity. Which can have a major effect on things up to 1.5 million miles from the planet.

When the rockets finished their lunar injection burn to leave Earth orbit, the moment that burn stopped, Earth's gravity was the only force continuing to act on them after that, which would slow them down, so that by the time they reached the moon, they would only have to burn for a short time to slip into orbit around the moon.

Leaving the moon: burn to leave the moon's orbit, enough to break orbit but not enough to leave the Earth. The Earth pulls on your ship and pulls you back toward it.

They didn't need to burn to accelerate to 23,000 Mph. They only needed to burn so that once they left Lunar orbit (which puts you in Earth orbit), that orbit now intersects the Earth. Earth's gravity then pulls on you, and as you get closer to the Earth, your craft will accelerate, more and more.

Simple.

ETA: While it is only game, it does simulate orbital mechanics and gravity quite well. I suggest that any who are interested, go to YouTube and search for Kerbal Space Program videos, specifically tutorials on how to put something in orbit, leave orbit, travel to the Mun, enter Mun orbit, how to land on the Mun, how to leave the Mun, how to leave Mun orbit and return to Kerbal. I think people might find it a bit educational (and if you have the game, fun).
edit on 8/1/2015 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Your argument is moot.

Look how many presidents and high security agents went in and out of the white house in the last hundred years, FBI, NSA, CIA agents, all with high level compromising data....Thousands of people are keeping secrets right now.

Your assumption that keeping a secret is impossible is simply not true. People can keep secrets, people are keeping secrets. Those who you love are the best way to keep a mouth shut. Some are made an example, you think twice before blowing their cover.

Does this mean the moon landing was fake? I don't know. But, keeping secrets is not impossible.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

No, it's really not moot.

There's a difference between Presidents, FBI agents, blah blah blah and the guy who's handling lighting for fake moon landings. And the caterer for a film set. And the security guard at the gate of the film set. And people in other countries that would love to see the U.S. embarrassed and caught faking something like the moon landings.

Look at all the information that's been leaked just in the last few years. Or been declassified. But at no point in the last 50 years or so did one single person come out and say they're faked, I was in on it? Or one single person say holy crap I found definitive proof they were faked and here it is?

I'm pretty intimately aware of how well secrets can be kept, when access to them is tightly controlled. Key phrase: tightly controlled.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
As a business proposal , moon would be a dream opportunity ; the money that could be earned from moon would be astronomical .

Going to moon is too costly argument is really bogus in this day an age , maybe it wasn't bogus in the 60's but now , it really is bogus indeed.

Build some " superguns " so the non human cargo can be send up cheaper , send some robots , drones and supplies ahead of human journey .

Something about not going to moon smells rather fishy .

How much would it cost to put some remote operated cameras on the moon that looks back at world and streams it to earth ?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
What goes up, must come down.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Exactly, declassified or leaked documents proves the contrary that many secrets were kept for a long time with nobody coming forward and then revealed. They could of been kept secret much longer without a soul saying a word.

Just imagine if Neil Armstrong would of came forward 10 years ago that all this was faked. He would be stamped as an aging man who is loosing his marbles. Whistle blowers are not infallible.

If the Russians would of came forward, this can easily be sideswiped by the US gov by playing the jealousy card or the "they are trying to soil the American image" or "they want us fighting each other".

The fact still remains that JFK was assassinated they know who and why and are keeping it................secret. One example, one hydrogen atom in a drop of water.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

If you would plan such an event, in this case I mean fake the moon landing, you would pick and choose the people who would work on the inside.

Example, Adolf Hitler was able to convince thousands of men that his cause was just. Many revolted, the majority went with it. Why?

I still think it is very possible to pull this off without any mistakes. The devil is in the details as they say.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

We have been back.

Dozens of spacecraft have (and still are) orbited the moon and landed on the moon, from all over the place, China, Japan, India, Russia.

There's no current need to send men back yet, as unmanned spacecraft can do all that's needed right now, hell the Russians sent a lander and returned soil samples from near where Apollo 12 landed, and amazingly (not really) the soil samples are virtually identical!

And fear not, many of the above nations are planning manned missions, theres even a planned tourist trip set for launch in 2018..

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

And yet, as you pointed out in your own example, many revolted. Including some very senior and trusted members of the government and military.

Point = proven.

I really cannot swallow that in half a century not one person has come forward. Not one deathbed confession. Not one slip of the tongue. Not one forgotten file. Not one memo left laying around. Not at the time, not now, and not at any point in between. Not one whistleblower. Not one successful hack of government computers has produced a shred of evidence. Not one other country has said "hold on world, we can prove America lied about it."

Not. One.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Seems your assumption and mine are both true.

Some lies are better crafted than others and some of the vessels are stronger than others.

Example

Not one, till they decided it was ok.

Secrets can be kept for a long long time if it is crafted properly and the information controlled.
edit on 1-8-2015 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2015 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join