It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe the Moon landings may have been faked

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity
Nothing new has really appeared in this thread that helps prove that the moon landings were a hoax.

Quite the opposite. Everything brought up so far has been debunked here on ATS over the years quite well.

It also saddens me to see that people think that watching and posting YouTube videos is considered actual "research".

I'm of the opinion that Moon Landing Hoax threads should be treated the way Flat Earth threads are now: sent directly to the Hoax or LOL forum.

It saddens me to see so many people believe in the moon landing hoax people will believe what they wish to believe even in the face of a mountain of evidence to which they simply ignore and pretend doesn't exist instead of posting links that the moon landing they simply say all this has been debunked when it hasn't. ignoring something or giving absurd explantions when confronted with the truth is just as sad as the NASA spokesmen in the video that I linked above you guys give the same compelling argument that he gives in the video lol

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Batousai

people will believe what they wish to believe even in the face of a mountain of evidence to which they simply ignore and pretend doesn't exist

This is exactly why you will never learn anything. This thread should be closed, since you are clearly not going to provide any evidence of your own, while ignoring all of the evidence others provide. It is a sad situation.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
You would like that wouldn't you. Silence the infidels?
edit on 30-9-2015 by Batousai because: Typo

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: itanosam
The moon landings are a hoax. This proves it:
i.imgur.com...

I thought it was generally known that the image is from an ad campaign: 15 Creative Lottery Advertising Campaigns

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Before this gets closed down I'll post a link to a Web page that has most of the evidence referred to by others.www.apfn.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Batousai
The moon landing was indeed a hoax.

The Soviet Union, bitter enemies of the US, monitored the communications coming from the moon, and confirmed the success of the Apollo 11 mission.

In order to believe it happened you have to believe we not only traversed the deadly van Allen radiation belts and thermosphere in an aluminum can

It's long been established that the belts are not so deadly, and brief exposure has no harmful effects.

[quote[but you also have to believe there was already a film crew on the moon with cameras rolling while neil armstrong is filmed taking the first step onto the moon.
The camera was on the lander leg.

Or the fact that the movie gravity does a better job at being convincing andl ooking authentic than the "authentic" black and white movie produced to deceive the masses.

Really? 45 years of advances in computer animation... and... what? This statement makes no sense.

Check out the documentary called a funny thing happened on the way to the moon.

I have, it's ridiculous.

So then the government feeds you this line that they sent an aluminum space ship through the thermosphere

You need to learn more about the design of the Apollo space craft.

Explain the Laser Ranging Retro reflector equipment installed by the Apollo 11 crew on the moon. It required manual alignment, by the astronauts, and is still working to this day.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

The moon landing was indeed a hoax.

The Soviet Union, bitter enemies of the US, monitored the communications coming from the moon, and confirmed the success of the Apollo 11 mission.

In order to believe it happened you have to believe we not only traversed the deadly van Allen radiation belts and thermosphere in an aluminum can

It's long been established that the belts are not so deadly, and brief exposure has no harmful effects.

[quote[but you also have to believe there was already a film crew on the moon with cameras rolling while neil armstrong is filmed taking the first step onto the moon.

The camera was on the lander leg.

Or the fact that the movie gravity does a better job at being convincing andl ooking authentic than the "authentic" black and white movie produced to deceive the masses.

Really? 45 years of advances in computer animation... and... what? This statement makes no sense.

Check out the documentary called a funny thing happened on the way to the moon.

I have, it's ridiculous.

So then the government feeds you this line that they sent an aluminum space ship through the thermosphere

You need to learn more about the design of the Apollo space craft.

Explain the Laser Ranging Retro reflector equipment installed by the Apollo 11 crew on the moon. It required manual alignment, by the astronauts, and is still working to this day.

What's you source for the van Allen belts not being deadly? Or your source stating the Russians monitored the communications. Apparently I need to learn more about the Apollo 11 spacecraft would you mind also providing a source stating the specifications of this craft or will you just leave me with nothing but your assertions? Oh and please don't provide sources from NASA or the government that defeats the purpose you're going to use NASA as a source to confirm NASA claims

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Before this gets closed down I'll post a link to a Web page that has most of the evidence referred to by others.www.apfn.org...

Look at the photo´s they took, it really is......unbelievable ;-)

Apollo 11........... 121
Apollo 12........... 504
Apollo 14........... 374
Apollo 15..........1021
Apollo 16..........1765
Apollo 17..........1986

Apollo 11........1 EVA .....2 hours, 31 minutes......(151 minutes)
Apollo 12........2 EVAs.....7 hours, 50 minutes......(470 minutes)
Apollo 14........2 EVAs.....9 hours, 25 minutes......(565 minutes)
Apollo 15........3 EVAs...18 hours, 30 minutes....(1110 minutes)
Apollo 16........3 EVAs...20 hours, 14 minutes....(1214 minutes)
Apollo 17........3 EVAs...22 hours, 04 minutes....(1324 minutes)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: webstra

Apollo 11........... 121
Apollo 12........... 504
Apollo 14........... 374
Apollo 15..........1021
Apollo 16..........1765
Apollo 17..........1986

I like how you were very selective in taking that excerpt completely out of its context and purposely didn't copy and paste the remaining information breaking down everything they did on the moon on each mission including the time it would take to perform each task nice try you may actually convince people that are too lazy to look at the link themselves but I suppose that your motive
edit on 30-9-2015 by Batousai because: Typo

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: webstra

Apollo 11........... 121
Apollo 12........... 504
Apollo 14........... 374
Apollo 15..........1021
Apollo 16..........1765
Apollo 17..........1986

Total minutes on the Moon amounted to 4834 minutes.
Total number of photographs taken was 5771 photos.

Hmmmmm. That amounts to 1.19 photos taken EVERY MINUTE of time on the Moon, REGARDLESS OF OTHER ACTIVITIES. (That requires the taking of ONE PHOTO EVERY 50 SECONDS!)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
That amount is screaming faking the moonlanding to me.
edit on 30-9-2015 by webstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

What's you source for the van Allen belts not being deadly? Or your source stating the Russians monitored the communications. Apparently I need to learn more about the Apollo 11 spacecraft would you mind also providing a source stating the specifications of this craft or will you just leave me with nothing but your assertions? Oh and please don't provide sources from NASA or the government that defeats the purpose you're going to use NASA as a source to confirm NASA claims

There are many scientific sources of information on the belts -- this is well condensed.

It has been widely accepted general knowledge for decades that the Soviet Union accepted the Apollo 11 moon landing, and even went so far as to congratulate NASA and the astronauts on their achievement. Interview with the son of Kikita Khrushchev

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

Hmmmmm. That amounts to 1.19 photos taken EVERY MINUTE of time on the Moon, REGARDLESS OF OTHER ACTIVITIES. (That requires the taking of ONE PHOTO EVERY 50 SECONDS!)

Only an idiot would forget that there were two people on each EVA, so I assume you are deliberately falsifying the numbers. Total minutes on the Moon = 9,668 minutes. Also, not all of those photographs were taken on the surface. Please go back ans find out what the actual number is or admit you are not interested in the truth.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You would like that wouldn't you. Silence the infidels?

No. Conserve bandwidth. This thread is a complete waste of electricity.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Ove38

Only an idiot would forget that there were two people on each EVA, so I assume you are deliberately falsifying the numbers. Total minutes on the Moon = 9,668 minutes. Also, not all of those photographs were taken on the surface. Please go back ans find out what the actual number is or admit you are not interested in the truth.

Where does he state 1.19 photo taken PER ASTRONAUT ? He doesn't.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

That amounts to 1.19 photos taken EVERY MINUTE of time on the Moon, REGARDLESS OF OTHER ACTIVITIES

Not only that, but all the pictures came out perfectly in spite of the film going through radiation and freezing temperatures. I had film cameras for many years and I don't think I ever had a roll that didn't have one or two messed up pictures from the end of the roll or some light getting in there or what not.

I don't believe for a second that you could take all those pictures in the vacuum of space and going through radiation belts twice without there being photographic anomolies.
edit on 30-9-2015 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The Hasselblad cameras had silver-coated metal film canisters that protected the film from both heat and radiation. Additionally, the film used was a special Kodak thin-emulsion 70mm film that, on it's own, is very durable because of the large roll with ample lead-in and lead-out to further protect both the unexposed and exposed portions of the film.
edit on 30-9-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Then how did the lunar orbiter probes take their photos on film?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The whole "They took too many photos" argument is just ignorant nonsense.

Most of the photos were done to document activities, and many of them form part of panoramic views consisting of several images taken one after the other within a space of time.

Many of the photographs on Apollos 15-17 were taken as sequences, one every few seconds, in transit on the rover.

I've been to many events lasting just a few days, taken hundreds of photos and still had a good time.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Not only that, but all the pictures came out perfectly

What you mean is you haven't bothered to look at any pictures besides the ones published in the glossy magazines. Here are some of the photos you missed:

AS11-40-5970

AS12-37-7009

There are literally hundreds more like these.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join