It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan statue unveiled in Detroit.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
a reply to: arpgme

i never said i was against how they dress.
i said i cant take them seriously.

Because Christians never dress ultra conservative? IE women in long dresses bearing no skin, etc, men in suits.

And you take that seriously?

Same goes for both sides, not all of them dress "not normal".

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
America's leaders and people in power worship Satan. Satan gave them the kingdoms of the world. This doesn't surprise me that they would pay homage to him. But i ain't trippin'. Satan's time is almost up. In case you don't know, and so that you do, he's not going into the fire for eternity, alone. He's taking many, if not most of you, with him.

Nah. It's not because you're a "bad person". I'm sure, you're a "good person". It's because you don't believe in a Creator or in the Son of that Creator, more importantly. All that stuff is non-sense.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
What blue laws? I am not aware that any state still has blue laws, I may be wrong and you can correct me. But I am not aware of any.

Almost every state has blue laws, some quite extensive. My state doesn't allow alcohol sales until noon on Sunday. In Colorado, you can't buy a car on Sunday.

Blue Laws in the US

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee
America's leaders and people in power worship Satan. Satan gave them the kingdoms of the world. This doesn't surprise me that they would pay homage to him. But i ain't trippin'. Satan's time is almost up. In case you don't know, and so that you do, he's not going into the fire for eternity, alone. He's taking many, if not most of you, with him.

Nah. It's not because you're a "bad person". I'm sure, you're a "good person". It's because you don't believe in a Creator or in the Son of that Creator, more importantly. All that stuff is non-sense.

Thanks for burping up proselytizing tripe all over us. Since we're sharing beliefs, I think your Neolithic BS is a human tragedy, most of all for you, who will live your whole life in delusion, and then, fade into oblivion.

But, enough share-time ...

Did you have anything to say about the Statue of Baphomet?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: grandmakdw

Has any atheist been actually denied office in the past 10 years simply for being atheist? If so please find the link and reference. But I think that is an old law that is currently ignored. If challenged, I imagine it would be thrown out faster than the speed of light.

None that I know of have actually been refused, but Cecil Bothwell was challenged by NC constitution in 2009, which says no atheist can hold office in that state(+6 others). He did get the seat, after some harassment.

The county I live in still observes no liquor sales on Sunday.

Well, that has to change.
You can only purchase liquor 6 days a week,
that is really so terrible,
and so harsh and so mean.
I can't believe that a social norm still exists
where you can only purchase liquor 6 days a week,
and I presume 24 hours a day 6 days a week at some stores.
That's outrageous and so terrible,
what about people who need to get liquor on Sunday
or they might experience withdrawal,
we have to think of their rights don't we.
The Christians really are terrible people
to have this law in place based on their religion.
This is an old law based on the temperance movement.
Oops, Jesus drank wine and made wine,
do you think he drank it on Sunday too?
OMG and Christians in many churches drink alcohol
during communion, don't they?
OMG, I'm going go faint.

That's the social norm you can think of that worshipers
of Bamophat should be fighting for and fighting to change?
Oh, what a need to overthrow the horrid, henious Christians
who would deny someone the right to buy liquor one day
out of the week, outrageous, think of the poor alcoholic
in withdrawal, have they no compassion!

Guess we do need the statue of Bamophat to fight the horrid Christians don't we.

edit on 4Sat, 01 Aug 2015 16:45:58 -0500pm80108pmk016 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Did you have anything to say about the Statue of Baphomet?

I do! I think it's really beautiful! And the symbolism is interesting.

Two fingers on the right hand point up and two on the left hand point down, meaning "as above, so below". The phrase is also used in relation to science, the universe and God, but Levi wrote that, by making the gesture, his Baphomet "expresses the perfect harmony of mercy with justice".
The torch of knowledge is the middle horn - it glorifies the pursuit of knowledge.
On the front of the statue, above the inverted pentagram, will be one of the Satanic Temple's seven fundamental tenets: "The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word."

Decoding the Symbols

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

What blue laws? I am not aware that any state still has blue laws, I may be wrong and you can correct me. But I am not aware of any.

Almost every state has blue laws, some quite extensive. My state doesn't allow alcohol sales until noon on Sunday. In Colorado, you can't buy a car on Sunday.

Blue Laws in the US

OMG, I concede.

In some states stores can only be open 6 days a week, 24 hours a day.
And some items can only be purchased 6 days a week and 24 hours a day.

Can you imagine, forcing some businesses to give employees one day a week off,
why that is downright un-American isn't it!

Really does demonstrate the utter evil
and controlling nature of Christians,
I so agree!

We really need that statue of Bamophet to show those evil controlling Christians a thing or two, don't we!

edit on 4Sat, 01 Aug 2015 16:49:21 -0500pm80108pmk016 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

OMG, I concede.

In some states stores can only be open 6 days a week, 24 hours a day.
And some items can only be purchased 6 days a week and 24 hours a day.

Can you imagine, forcing some businesses to give employees one day a week off,
why that is downright un-American isn't it!

Really does demonstrate the utter evil
and controlling nature of Christians,
I so agree!

JESUS! Touchy! YOU invited people to correct you if you were wrong! I simply left a link and you go all "offended" and sarcastic on me!?!?

I am not aware that any state still has blue laws, I may be wrong and you can correct me. But I am not aware of any.

You were mistaken. You don't have to go all victim about it.
edit on 8/1/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

I live in the area.
suburbs? I was born and raised in the burbs Lincoln Park now that I think of it,lol...small world eh?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Oh sweet random chance ... now you've done it.

You cannot feed their medicine back to them; you know this.

But, if I may be so bold, and within the context of this thread: Satan would be very proud of you!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22
a reply to: HighFive

I live in the area.
suburbs? I was born and raised in the burbs Lincoln Park now that I think of it,lol...small world eh?

Yep, just south of Detroit. But if you were raised in Lincoln Park you know we call it DownRiver

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

yeah.
i dont lol as much at a woman in a long dress or a man in a suit.

i do lol whenever i see some dude with the black nail polish, the black eye makeup, a misfits shirt, horns on his head and a spiked collar.

thats pretty amusing to me and i cant take it seriously.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
a reply to: dreamingawake

yeah.
i dont lol as much at a woman in a long dress or a man in a suit.

i do lol whenever i see some dude with the black nail polish, the black eye makeup, a misfits shirt, horns on his head and a spiked collar.

thats pretty amusing to me and i cant take it seriously.

Okay, that's one for Satanists intending to be silly were successful.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think people should give them x number of days to get rid of it, or take sledge hammers to it. That does not represent the majority or will of the people. And they should get PI's investigating the backgrounds and activities (especially on ritual days) of all the avid supporters.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There goes the neighborhood...
a reply to: ElOmen

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I find anything involving rituals suspect. Especially ritual sacrifice which the baphomet is involved in some of these practices

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I think people should give them x number of days to get rid of it, or take sledge hammers to it. That does not represent the majority or will of the people. And they should get PI's investigating the backgrounds and activities (especially on ritual days) of all the avid supporters.

How authoritarian of you! I bet you're a good church-goin' Christian too, aren't you?

Fortunately, the Constitution doesn't care about the majority or so-called "will of the people."

But I have to say, I can appreciate your open fascism!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

What is there to say?

It appears to be a well designed, and painstakingly executed piece of art. On a technical level, this is however, not all that controversial. There are no exposed sexual appendages, no racially provocative emblems, and no slogans visible.

Let's face it, the issue here is context.

Furthermore, it is also about weakness of faith. The only Christians who will be making a noise about this installation, will be those most prone to fear. The rest of us will be thinking "how quaint...Tea anyone?".

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen
a reply to: Unity_99

I find anything involving rituals suspect. Especially ritual sacrifice which the baphomet is involved in some of these practices

I just always thought that the original satanic get togethers and rituals was to get woman to walk around naked.

Basically it was like this: ...hmmm, how can we get women to take their clothes off? oh i know, we pretend we dont notice, play creepy music, we (the males) wear capes and idk, maybe paint our fingernails.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Unity_99

How authoritarian of you! I bet you're a good church-goin' Christian too, aren't you?

Fortunately, the Constitution doesn't care about the majority or so-called "will of the people."

But I have to say, I can appreciate your open fascism!

Its like this: the will of the people. Do you know what is happening? Do you understand how a very dark elite, would be called satanists by the average folk, but more dark ancient sumerian or saturnists, dark star (ists), slavers, are running over everyone and what they want, and what they think they're working and living for, with spiked boots and kicking them with steel toes, all the while saying, this is the will of the people, you voted for me.....

And they even try to put the karma for this destruction of Mother/Gaia, on everyone as well, though its only them, and no one living here has a choice.

They silence the voters and the people.

By the way, those people do not endorse that statue, it is such an incredible affront to them, if they realized who was running their country, those people would be tarred and feathered and thrown into shark infested waters or swinging from the lamp posts.

And it would only be self defense, whether male style, in the moment, or female style, battered wife syndrome, in defense of your children and grand children.

Its high time for people to take their power back from this tiny dark winged group of slavers and not allow any more crapola! I would already have smashed to smitherenes because its a pure insult ot the people. It is a symbol of the elite laughing at those who supposedly endorse their governments and pay for everything, and yet they only get erect at insulting you. It would be smashed. The only thing I wait for is enough awake so millions take back their power, sign round table that they are all responsible, they don't hide, they do things proactive and no longer let this tiny little group of Murderers continue to mismanage this planet.
edit on 2-8-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join