It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan statue unveiled in Detroit.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DiddyMcC0y

You misunderstood what I said.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The reason i dont really like the baphomet is because one of my favorite rappers killed himself over some baphomet stuff. Im just saying this baphomet can lead to some dark places.
edit on 1-8-2015 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

read wrong sry

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiddyMcC0y
a reply to: EA006

I really dont know how to answer that

Words?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: ElOmen

LOL, Watched the video. Notice the Satan supporters are all white and the Christian protesters are all black.... just an observation.

Fantastic observation.

The evil worshiping white people
putting up a statue to a God that represents evil,
with black people fighting the oppression
of the white people trying to force evil symbolism on their city.

Wow! Great observation.

edit on 10Sat, 01 Aug 2015 10:18:30 -0500am80108amk016 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen
On july 15 this stature was unveiled by the satanist community and has plans to be positioned right beside the 10 commandments in Oklahoma state capitol.

Im just curious to see what everyone here has to say about this and the discussion that pro seeds.

edit on 1-8-2015 by pointessa because: posted in wrong place.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

This of course will be a touchy thing. But what on earth did those people do to themselves. Horns, the white make up, etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The devil and satan trickster, snake, wolf, fox are all just representations of an archetype nothing more the dark stuff that you allude to is firmly grounded in the human psyche and anyone can fall prey. Typically challenging the status quo such archetypes as the devil are useful because he is the embodiment of such an idea. He is not real, we are real. However when experiencing an existential crisis a good result is not always the outcome some minds aren't meant to question everything, some cannot handle falling with no end in sight.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen
On july 15 this stature was unveiled by the satanist community and has plans to be positioned right beside the 10 commandments in Oklahoma state capitol.

Im just curious to see what everyone here has to say about this and the discussion that pro seeds.

ha ha at 8:25 as one guy is speaks to the reporter a big thunder crack can be heard...
on another note maybe this will bring better luck in Detroit than what they have had in the past. In my opinion its just a statue although I'm sure it means something to someone I'm curious as to who paid for it? (100,000) donation from their temple?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

Google paid for it.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I live in the area. Funny story I saw on local news.

The statue was at an undisclosed location until the unveiling because of threats of vandalism.
Many people vowed to attend the ceremony to disrupt and/or destroy the statue.

The organizers of the event decided to make attendees sign a form pledging their life to Satan to enter, hoping to dissuade any religious fanatics from entering.

It worked. Lol. trumped by Satan, master of loopholes

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Wow so many are truly afraid of this fictional arechtype. This charater is just a imprint on our psyche so many of you here have much incommon with, do you all not believe in progress? Do you all not believe in challenging the status quo ? In thinking outside of the box?
edit on 1-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'd take any version of Satan from symbol of human freedom to red guy with horns and pointy tail over ol' YHVH as described in the Old Testament/Torah.

Now that was a "god of evil."

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Even if you accept the Bible's version of satan, it's hard to say that he's all bad.

He simply went against god's insane rules and told Eve how to gain knowledge.

It isn't hard to deduce that satan is the embodiment of human nature and the character is literally demonized because much of Christianity's message is "deny your human nature and do as you're told."

The statue is actually Baphomet, which is not satan... but the religious folks don't typically bother trying to understand the targets of their disgust.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
As I said in the previous thread.
Instead of focusing on flipping off the Christians, they should be focusing on de-christianizing our laws, and re-defining some of our societal norms. Instead, they're just glorifying another myth, and thumbing their noses. imho.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

LOL, Watched the video. Notice the Satan supporters are all white and the Christian protesters are all black.... just an observation.

You didn't watch much of the video then did you?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
As I said in the previous thread.
Instead of focusing on flipping off the Christians, they should be focusing on de-christianizing our laws, and re-defining some of our societal norms. Instead, they're just glorifying another myth, and thumbing their noses. imho.

You mean acting a bit like ... Saaatan? (remember the Church Lady?)

"Flipping off" power structures and authority figures are kinda part of the Satanic deal.

Now Baphomet, that's a bit of a different story ... but I digress.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
we've heard about the serious problems in Detroit for a couple decades now, turned into satanic worshipping site now? I'm sure we all can predict how that will end up

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Fantastic observation.

The evil worshiping white people
putting up a statue to a God that represents evil,
with black people fighting the oppression
of the white people trying to force evil symbolism on their city.

Wow! Great observation.

How did the practice of freedom of religion become oppression against black people?

edit on 1-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
we've heard about the serious problems in Detroit for a couple decades now, turned into satanic worshipping site now? I'm sure we all can predict how that will end up

Sure, go ahead. I'd love to hear your prediction.

By the by, might want to check out the original post. This has nothing to do with Detroit becoming a center "Satan worship."

For, well, several reasons.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join