It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dark places....thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
here is the trailer

description

www.imdb.com...

Libby Day was only seven years old when her family was brutally murdered in their rural Kansas farmhouse. Twenty-five years later, she agrees to revisit the crime and uncovers the wrenching truths that led up to that tragic night.

-----------

this movie was just ok. i thought it would be fab since it was based on gillian flynn's book. she wrote gone girl as well and that book and movie was awesome. i had high hopes for this one. i did not read this book but here are my thoughts.

spoilers below.....

so the family gets murdered and the brother goes to jail. never files an appeal. never tries to get out.
turns out the brothers girl was pregnant and while pregnant she killed the brothers sister. someone else killed the rest of them.
now the brothers girl is a murderer and a druggie.
so, brother goes to jail for 25 years for a murder he didnt commit...why?

to protect his daughter. a daughter he has never met. to protect the girlfriend. the drug addict girlfriend that killed his sister.
major, major BS on that.
i know not all movies are believable and i have no problem with that but, when it comes to these kinds of thrillers i like them to be believable.
i dont believe for a second that a person would spend 25 years in jail to protect a kid they have never met.
especially when the kid goes to jail at 15.

another thing about the movie. it shows how the mom hired the 'angel of debt' to murder her. she had a life insurance policy. well, when the angel kills the mom one of the sisters sees his face so she dies too. while that is going on the girlfriend is killing the other sister in the next room at the exact same time.
who got the life insurance money? they never said.
i would think the mothers sister.

just all seems like crap. the brother could have went on the stand and thrown the girlfriend under the bus for what she did. he didnt do anything.
yeah, he was 15 but im thinking worst case is girlfriend gives birth. baby gets placed in foster till boy turns 18. boy gets custody of his kid and lives with aunt who got the life insurance.
or, girlfriend goes to jail and the aunt gets the kid.....

if the dude had the resolve to stay in prison to protect a kid he never met, he would have had the resolve to take custody.

in the end, the movie was just ok. not worth a second watch

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly I saw it. I agree. One time watch. I expected more from Charlize Theron.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

join