It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The countdown ends Monday Aug 3rd. What are they counting down to?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Prisoner60863
There has to be some way of finding out. All the intelligence on this site and the best we can do is sarcasm. I for 1 would love to know what it is. The site has had too much effort in designing and maintaining it for it not to something. The people that use the site must be able to read it. so it says its not for everyone. What could be the purpose of it is a great question. Is anyone going to address it.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chewi

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then go read the language of vampyr thread as linked above (its all about this site fl)- just put aside a couple of days for reading it 150pg+

One of the more interesting threads on ATS imo

From that thread could it maybe link to Direne's suggestion of the Roswell rescue craft returning?
edit on 1-8-2015 by johnb because: to add link

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb
Thanks I will try and get back to you.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I have been waiting patiently to find out that answer, some other things Ive been reading into also talk about this time to late Sept as being... very interesting and I`ll elaborate no futher. I was hoping others here still follow along that thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Well we won't wait long to find out

Possibly nothing possibly everything

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Yeah, that's what it is... just another "crappy website"...

Or maybe yours was just another crappy post...

You're either a fool or a liar if you mean to insinuate that the forgotten languages website is just a troll site.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Phew I'm in the clear, please sharpen your reading comprehension skills.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

maybe at the end of the countdown the little messages will be revealed in english? i dont know just spitballing, but ill be sure to have a look tommorow

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Just FYI -

In the continental U.S. the countdown actually ends on August 4th (Tuesday).

About 10:17 a.m. (give or take a couple minutes) on the East coast...

...West coast is three hours earlier.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
i know that the image the statue in the middle of the border pic is the hevajra, and according to wiki "Some time in the early 11th century, Drogmi Lotsawa Shākya Yeshe ('brog mi lo ts'a ba sh'akya ye shes) (993-1077 AD) journeyed from Drompa-gyang in Lhatsé to Nepal and India, including Vikramashila, where he received instruction in the Hevajratantra from Śānti-pa (Ratnākaraśānti) and later to Bengal, where he encountered Prajñedraruci (Vīravajra) [7] who instructed him in the "rootless Margapala" (Tib. Lamdré) that is particularly concerned with the Hevajra tantra and its commentaries. Drakpa Gyeltsen writes in his Chronicle of the Indic Masters:

Now Lachen [Drokmi] first went to Nepal and entered into the door of mantra through [the teacher] Bhāro Ham-thung. Then he went to India itself and, realizing that the Āchārya Ratnākaraśānti was both greatly remowned and learned, he heard extensively the Vinaya, Prajñapāramitā, and mantra. Then having gone to the eastern part of India, he encountered Bhikṣu Vīravajra, who was the greatest direct disciple of Durjayachandra, who himself had held the lineage of Āchārya Virūpa's own disciple, Ḍombiheruka. From Bhikṣu Vīravajra he heard extensively the mantra material of the three tantras of Hevajra, complete in all their branches. He also requested the many instruction manuals of Acintyakrama and so forth, so that he heard the "Lamdré without the fundamental text" (rtsa med lam 'bras) as well. In this way, Drokmi lived in India for twelve years and became a great translator."

which obviously ties in with the theme of the website...

so punched in the date and referenced to planetary alignments seeing as a lot of the focus on the page surrounds space, etc and there is an alignment of jupiter and saturn..no real biggy :/

im stumped

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's a countdown for an upcoming game championship-something, considering the first link below opened in another tab after clicking a couple of links in the OP's post,

The International Dota 2 Championships website - www.dota2.com...

IBT article discussing the event - www.ibtimes.co.uk...

edit on 28/12/12 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: (edit, I went back through my history, replaced first link with the actual one that popped up for me, I've tried but can't replicate what made it come up in the first place?)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm feeling like at the end of the countdown they will make the "blog" completely private... I hope not, but that is what my gut says. Only a bit over 11 hours to go.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

So can this go to the hoax bin now? The timer is now going back up? Was anything revealed? Or was that crappy video and song the reveal?

edit on 27831America/ChicagoTue, 04 Aug 2015 12:27:32 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I emailed the website asking them what the timer was counting down to, here is their response:

Every now and then a leap second is added to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in order to synchronize atomic clocks with the Earth's ever slowing rotation. The previous leap second was added on June 30, 2015 at 23:59:60 UTC. The difference between UTC and International Atomic Time (UTC-TAI) is now 36 seconds. We use systems to perform simulations and experiments which critically depend on time measurements, therefore we had to adjust our internal time to match the corrected UTC time. Instead of just adding 1 second on June, 30th, we proceeded to add some milliseconds quite in advance in order to catch up with the new UTC here. The timer was a reference for our technicians to perform this activity in an orderly manner.

Hope this answers your question.

STM

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Well gee, that was informative. Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Yeah, it was sort've a let down on this topic. But I wonder what experiments they're referring to? Maybe I'll have another look see on their site. There were a few vids I didn't watch, maybe I should?

STM

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
What's the deal with the Klingon letter "R"?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join