It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When God Dies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The perception of those who were Created by THE who is ALPHA 1 feels cannot perceive the ending of the who is also the OMEGA...

For example consider humans developing technology that allows them to die in the flesh but transfer their Soul-Spirit-Internal ETERNAL Astral/Ethereal Energy into new forms/avatars/bots. And these same humans taking part in planet seeding in their advanced forms of other life forms that are still more organic based.

Can the organic based life forms created and planted by the humans that cannot understand the advanced flesh to spirit data -
of the humans who enhanced their own astral-ethereal SPIRITUAL forms in the distant past and now reside in a more multiverse reality
- perceive the beginning and end of these humans who have basically removed physical or organic death from their reality?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
God is beyond your conception, would why would you imagine that you know anything about God living or Dying.
God is not an entity, a being, a physical form, a conception. And that is why God doesn't die, but if you like arguing, don't worry, it's just God experiencing arguing through you, just let it be. Mother Mary whispered to me, in the halls of eternity.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

When it happens ?

It happened long ago, if you could even call it GOD.

And it is scattered throughout all, and never to be put back together either.

It had finally realized the only way to have experiences not affected by its watching, was by removing itself......

And thus, the rest of everything tried many ways of recreating the old dream , but it is not happening, and has now been corrupted beyond repair, and cannot be destroyed.

But good luck trying.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

When it happens ?

It happened long ago, if you could even call it GOD.

And it is scattered throughout all, and never to be put back together either.

It had finally realized the only way to have experiences not affected by its watching, was by removing itself......

And thus, the rest of everything tried many ways of recreating the old dream , but it is not happening, and has now been corrupted beyond repair, and cannot be destroyed.

But good luck trying.

And...who was actually watching that happening? Crazy paradox.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

God is a human concept to rationalize something.

First we have to believe God is actually something, then we would have to believe death exists.

We do know our human shells get old and die, but where do we actually go, and where to we come from?

This is most likely where the "God" concept came from.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

God (capital G) does not die, is not ever born.
TzimTzum - easier to spell than to conceptualize

en.wikipedia.org...

The tzimtzum (Hebrew צמצום ṣimṣūm "contraction/constriction/condensation") is a term used in the Lurianic Kabbalah to explain his new doctrine that God began the process of creation by "contracting" his Ein Sof (infinite) light in order to allow for a "conceptual space" in which finite and seemingly independent realms could exist. This primordial initial contraction, forming a Khalal/Khalal Hapanui ("vacant space", חלל הפנוי) into which new creative light could beam, is denoted by general reference to the tzimtzum. In contrast to earlier, Medieval Kabbalah, this made the first creative act a concealment/Divine exile rather than unfolding revelation. This dynamic crisis-catharsis in the Divine flow is repeated throughout the Lurianic scheme.
Because the tzimtzum results in the "empty space" in which spiritual and physical Worlds and ultimately, free will can exist, God is often referred to as "Ha-Makom" (המקום lit. "the Place", "the Omnipresent") in Rabbinic literature ("He is the Place of the World, but the World is not His Place"[2]). In Kabbalistic interpretation, this describes the paradox of simultaneous Divine presence and absence within the vacuum and resultant Creation.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I thaught God is beyond time and space how can he die, he is forever.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

That finite "Place" sounds a lot like what we are. We're those seemingly independent realms or "conceptual spaces" that God's infinite light resides within.

Interesting concept, thanks for bringing it up.

edit on 8/1/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DiddyMcC0y

I think you might picture this image wrong, in society as in cave dwelling, you need rules since you live with more than just a person, religion imposes those set of rules as a morals and ethics.

You dont need the rules as a nomad

I suspect there is great truth that the settling down (husbandry and farming), creation of the city state and division of labour were precursors to the formulation of religion.

scienceblogs.com...

Agriculture and the rise of religion
Posted by John S. Wilkins on August 19, 2008
(13)
ResearchBlogging.org One of my claims is that religion proper arose along with the settlement in sedentary townships made possible by agriculture. The reason why this is religion, and not, say, the shamanic “religions” of nomadic tribes, in my view, is that in the latter, people are all related closely enough to be sure to whom to offer assistance in hard times with the expectation of mutual support later. The crucial role of religion proper, I think, is to mark out those who one can expect aid from, because they have demonstrated the “costly signaling” religion requires (a view of Richard Sosis and colleagues), from those who are more likely to cheat. Agriculture makes possible a society not based on close kinship, which makes religion the solution to that dilemma only after societies of that kind arise.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Wetness is a result of oxygen and hydrogen atoms coming together to form a body called a molecule.

That is called water. Wetness has to do with viscosity

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Life is a different thing. Although it seems to require atomic programming, through DNA, it doesn't seem to have a formula as easy to understand as water.

Not trying to mess with you BUT is water easy to understand?

Back in the old days, when water was where we needed to spend our time, touch was a lot more important than it is now. We as beings had to be immediately aware if we were going in or out of water. Therefore, the feeling of wet is a primal sensory reminder.

However, thereafter once we ascended onto the land and trees, the feeling of wet became a sensory reminder of something out of the ordinary; it is raining - get shelter, you fell in a creek - start swimming.

The reason it feels as it feels when water touches the skin is actually a complex electro-chemical reaction which works at amazing speeds. The sensory inputs are a combination of:

1. Your body's pH at that moment
2. The water's pH
3. Your body's temperature at that moment
4. The water's temperature
5. The atmospheric pressure
6. Molecular polarity
Ewan Sweeney, Swindon, UK
New scientific information suggests that water doesn't behave as a liquid until after there are more than six molecules. For everyday purposes, there is much more than that, so until the exact relationship of the water to itself and to other substances can be proven by scientific means, then either answer to the question, why is water wet, whether it is or is not, is entirely philisophical and as long as there is evidence to support either theory, or rather no evidence to disprove either of them, then either answer is correct based on your own individual opinion and evaluation of the evidence that is at this time present in the scientific community. So, by the definition of wet, which is the condition of being covered or soaked in liquid, then water isn't wet, it just makes other things wet.
W.C. Dutton, Staffordsville, USA

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Anyone who has ever saw a spirit or did an astral projection, disagrees with you. Even people who died and saw Heaven/Paradise and came back disagrees

But isnt spirit just another form of matter albeit more refined?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Listen Guys-
God- put very simply- is what ALL THIS is.
There is nothing that is "not" God.

God is Reality itself.

Has NOTHING to do with Religion.....

I was almost athiest before I found out what God is..... I almost wish IT was called something besides "God" so that there would be NO religious connotations attached.

Because this "God" thing??????? is so far beyond religion that it's not even funny.

The levels of geometry and fractals and CODE in the Mind of God seem indicate God being some kind of uber computer or program....running like a fractal for eternity. Spewing out Realities which then spew their own Realities and on and on.

And YOU are part of this thing......... You are God pretending to be a human for a couple years. And when you're done you will go back to being God. Like rain falling into the ocean becomes the ocean. Some are blessed with a tiny glimpse of "What God Is" before they die. And the common response is of utter and total surprise and astonishment-and sometimes getting to meet God- and finding out that He is You.

You and God.

One and the Same.

So remember......"It's Just A Ride".....and it only gets better!

Namaste

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

So, the Big Bang was God's death and the Universe is nothing more than God's rotting body. We are nothing more than bacteria living off the flesh of a rotting corpse. No bigger picture, no hope! It's just down hill from here!

edit on 2-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

So, the Big Bang was God's death

Thats your presumption,
From your OP

When it happens, will God go out with a Big Bang or with a silent whimper, its vacant skeleton haunting nothingness for eternity?

Who says god is dead?

www.big-bang-theory.com...

According to the standard theory, our universe sprang into existence as "singularity" around 13.7 billion years ago. What is a "singularity" and where does it come from? Well, to be honest, we don't know for sure. Singularities are zones which defy our current understanding of physics. They are thought to exist at the core of "black holes." Black holes are areas of intense gravitational pressure. The pressure is thought to be so intense that finite matter is actually squished into infinite density (a mathematical concept which truly boggles the mind). These zones of infinite density are called "singularities." Our universe is thought to have begun as an infinitesimally small, infinitely hot, infinitely dense, something - a singularity. Where did it come from? We don't know. Why did it appear? We don't know.

After its initial appearance, it apparently inflated (the "Big Bang"), expanded and cooled, going from very, very small and very, very hot, to the size and temperature of our current universe. It continues to expand and cool to this day and we are inside of it: incredible creatures living on a unique planet, circling a beautiful star clustered together with several hundred billion other stars in a galaxy soaring through the cosmos, all of which is inside of an expanding universe that began as an infinitesimal singularity which appeared out of nowhere for reasons unknown. This is the Big Bang theory.

Big Bang Theory - Common Misconceptions
There are many misconceptions surrounding the Big Bang theory. For example, we tend to imagine a giant explosion. Experts however say that there was no explosion; there was (and continues to be) an expansion.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Boypony

God- put very simply- is what ALL THIS is.
There is nothing that is "not" God.

I like this and i suspect is close to the truth. Its just that our mind has a problem getting our head around it. Its to do with the idea of the divided self/higher self/connection to the godhood.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Not trying to mess with you BUT is water easy to understand?

At least with water we have something to examine. Consciousness is much more illusive.

I can only assume that its a natural thing that arises from a natural universe and its laws. However, we have yet to identify any laws that dictate or regulate consciousness.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

But isnt spirit just another form of matter albeit more refined?

Discussing whether or not spirit is its own form of matter is missing the point. Me and windword were talking about this physical universe when discussing whether or not spirit needs "matter" to move.
edit on 2-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I know I'm not the one who was asked but I believe matter is needed for the Spirit to "move". It requires electrical synapses within the physical brain for a person to be alive. Without those physical synapses there is death, no experience. While one can "disconnect " mentally from the physical through meditation or sleep, there is still brain activity involved in those processes.

I'll bring up a point that I brought up in another discussion we had. What is a painter without a painting? You cannot consider someone a painter if they have never painted anything before, if they no longer paint then they can no longer be considered a painter only a former painter. In the same way, what is a painting if there was no painter to paint it? One is no more important than the other, they are both required for what is to be.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It requires electrical synapses within the physical brain for a person to be alive. Without those physical synapses there is death, no experience.

Then you don't believe in Spirit, if you think it is just the physical brain, and therefore the question of whether or not Spirit needs matter to move is irrelevant (for a non-believer).

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join