It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When God Dies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Everything, the meaning of the debate what is God

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiddyMcC0y

Everything, the meaning of the debate what is God

It's not a debate, its a philosophical discussion. There are no winners or losers. The "meaning" of the OP is not "What Is God", it's "When God Dies".......speculation, not debate.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

God is life

More accurately

God is the giver of life.

So how can the giver of life die?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

God is life

So, does life exists without bodies? Are WE still alive after we shuffle off our mortal coils?

So how can the giver of life die?

Where did God get life? Who gave life to God?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Right. Collections of things, like cells and molecules are brought together, through some sort of attraction that results in a mechanism of "unity" of a new thing. It doesn't follow that the Universe, a collection of everything, isn't a cohesive body, in its own right, or that there isn't a consciousness that inhabits it.

You're right. My point was against this:

Could the Universe be a temporary vehicle for God's (et al) self expression, the same way our bodies are self expression of who we are, at our present state.

It is not God doing it in "the same way as" us. We are God like the drops of water are the ocean. When the physical dies, it's just purely spiritual/mental. God/Spirit Aspect doesn't die.

Now if you're saying that the entire physical universe may be unified as one body that dies and recycles to another life, keep in mind that time is the movement of objects within the universe (the Earth spining once = 1 day, the Earth going around the Sun once = 1 year), and different universes in The Multiverse would have different laws of physics and systems of times, some of which wouldn't make sense to us. Death probably wouldn't even need to exist in some (Mind forms/alters the physical).

If there are beings that know Mind is the Creator of it all, they may just change form and not die. Maybe Heaven itself is it's own Universe.
edit on 1-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

We as humans and of a limited understanding must concede
that an infinite retro generation as you suggest, is impossible.
So a causeless cause is required by existence as it also defines the
word God.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

That's like asking where did the ocean get its wetness. The ocean is wetness, and so are the drops of water that unifies the entire ocean.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Now if you're saying that the entire physical universe may be unified as one body that dies and recycles to another life, keep in mind that time is the movement of objects within the universe (the Earth spining once = 1 day, the Earth going around the Sun once = 1 year), and different universes in The Multiverse would have different laws of physics and systems of times.

I'm speculating about such a time when the animating force of the Universe, aka "God", leaves its universal body, which would be a perception of death. I'm questioning if God's exodus from the physical Universe, leaving it a corpse, soon to become a vacant skeleton devoid of life, will "feed" another, possible continuous life cycle, that is yet unperceivable to us.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I'm speculating about such a time when the animating force of the Universe, aka "God", leaves its universal body, which would be a perception of death. I'm questioning if God's exodus from the physical Universe, leaving it a corpse, soon to become a vacant skeleton devoid of life, will "feed" another, possible continuous life cycle, that is yet unperceivable to us.

K speculation is what.

Can you say anything about why?

And I'm not looking to bash your thread Wind.
edit on Ram80115v48201500000011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

That's like asking where did the ocean get its wetness. The ocean is wetness, and so are the drops of water that unifies the entire ocean.

Wetness is a result of oxygen and hydrogen atoms coming together to form a body called a molecule.

Life is a different thing. Although it seems to require atomic programming, through DNA, it doesn't seem to have a formula as easy to understand as water.

We all are conscious, to some extent. But we can't put our finger on any particular molecular formula or physical law that dictates why consciousness exists.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

When God (all Spirits) stop forming/stabilizing it through Belief/Faith/Thought, it will not exist.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Why what? Why does life feed off of death?

Why is the Universe animated? Why do our bodies stop being animated? What happened to the energy that animated our lives? What will happen to the energy that animates our Universe, when it stops being animated, when God dies?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

When God (all Spirits) stop forming/stabilizing it through Belief/Faith/Thought, it will not exist.

So, you believe that matter (The Universe) will cease to exist when God stops animating. How will existence be expressed in a static void?

edit on 1-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

So, you believe that matter (The Universe) will cease to exist when God stops animating. How will existence be expressed in a static void?

These questions makes two assumptions that I don't agree with:

1) God is a static void, and only the universe is not.
2) If the universe ends that means the end of all form, and only a void.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Like our bodies, it follows that God's corpse will feed a greater cycle, yet unperceivable to us

But if our reality is but an illusion then death is not the end but an awakening. Sadly I am always a bit slow on awakening until I have coffee. If they don't have coffee in heaven I'm going to be a bit grumpy.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

These questions make a couple assumptions that I don't agree with:

1) God is a static void, and only the universe is not.
2) If the universe ends that means the end of all form, but only a void.

The wind can only be felt because it's in motion. If there is no motion, how can God effect anything?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The Gods and their Kin will die when humanity ceases to exist. In Relative Space-Time new life forms will eventually evolve enough advanced intelligence to re-create the Old Gods in new imaginings and repeating the same old wars of religion as we have being witnessing over the past centuries.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The wind can only be felt because it's in motion. If there is no motion, how can God effect anything?

That's my point. There is always motion. God is not a static void.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

But, you can't have motion without matter, ie. The Universe.

edit on 1-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

But, you can't motion without matter, ie. The Universe.

Anyone who has ever saw a spirit or did an astral projection, disagrees with you. Even people who died and saw Heaven/Paradise and came back disagrees.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join