It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When God Dies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

You're assuming that physical laws (natural cycle of life) applies to spirit. I don't believe the cycle of life applies to the spirit world anymore than death or gravity. Spirits can float and fly.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The King is dead, long live the King. The whole time we have been hoodwinked into believing that our God is better than theirs and they need to be punished for worshipping their false god. We have been lead away from our reason to treat each other humanely, in the name of the flag, pride, nationalism or any other ism.

Logics in a philosophical debate, the main purpose of philosophy is saying the truth without actually offending anyone.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I don't believe the cycle of life applies to the spirit world anymore than death or gravity. Spirits can float and fly.

So can my thoughts and dreams, that arise naturally from my intangible mind. I'm assuming that, since my mind is a natural function of consciousness, through my brain, there also may be a natural conscious mind that arise from the universe.

Don't the laws of the Universe apply to everything within, and everything that arises from, the Universe? Do ideas die with the temporal mundane physical construct of our bodies?

The laws of physics, for example, change sub atomically. We are still baffled as to the natural laws of various parts and states of our universe. We've still got a lot of 'splaining to do, Lucy, before we declare an existing deity is exempt from natural law.

edit on 1-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I don't believe the cycle of life applies to the spirit world anymore than death or gravity. Spirits can float and fly.

So can my thoughts and dreams, that arise naturally from my intangible mind. I'm assuming that my mind is a natural function of consciousness, through my brain, there also may be a natural conscious mind that arise from the universe.

Don't the laws of the Universe apply to everything within, and everything that arises from, the Universe? Do ideas die with the temporal mundane physical construct of our bodies?

The laws of physics, for example, change sub atomically. We are still baffled as to the natural laws of various parts and states of our universe. We've still got a lot of 'splaining to do, Lucy, before we declare an existing deity is exempt from natural law.

A deity are ideals not something Divine,you use a symbol in this case a human, a cow will also do or a fish, if you want laws of physics DR. QUANTUM!!!

edit on 1-8-2015 by DiddyMcC0y because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

God is a concept. A thought. An idea. It formed some 50,000 years ago in man's mind for several reasons (at least).

1. Fear. Man didn't understand his beginnings, endings or even the life in between, and was too afraid to consider the idea that we are just another form of life on this planet.
2. The need to know. Man was too uncomfortable with the idea of "the unknown", so he created "gods", who were there before the beginning and would be there for us after the end. A comforting thought.
3. Imagination. Eventually, when man moved from being hunter-gatherers and became more dependent on the weather for his food, he imagined there was something he could do to insure better crops, so he prayed to the sun god, Ra, and the other specialized gods.
4. Control. It came from man's ego and his need to feel like the "king of all he surveys". Eventually, it was used by the more power-hungry among us, to create "systems" (religions), by which the masses could be controlled, kept comforted and organized.

How does this concept die? It's happening. We see it all the time. The number of God-believers around the world is diminishing and the number of atheists is increasing. Slowly, as we find out more about our ACTUAL beginnings, people simply reject the myths of early man because we have knowledge that early man didn't have.

Baby, can you dig it?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So can my thoughts and dreams, that arise naturally from my intangible mind. I'm assuming that my mind is a natural function of consciousness, through my brain, there also may be a natural conscious mind that arise from the universe.

Don't the laws of the Universe apply to everything within, and everything that arises from, the Universe?

I don't believe the universe created God. I believe Spirit/Mind/God comes first, then The Higher Mind created the physical universe.

Mind over matter, not matter over mind.
edit on 1-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Now the biggest secret, Atheists increasing, religious followers decreasing. Now, what is our God now? He is a Deity!
What was Science and Religion before the 16th century, the same. You kill religion by making man God, you kill of the paradigm it exists within by making man a God. Religion and Science will be the same again
NASA

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Individual is a concept.

Life is an unbroken wholeness - life is not made of two.

edit on 1-8-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DiddyMcC0y

A deity are ideals not something Divine

Who said anything about divinity? The Universe is a divine idea. I am myself, a divine idea.

If life is divine, then so is death, because they are twins of the same divine idea.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Don't the laws of the Universe apply to everything within, and everything that arises from, the Universe?

I don't believe the universe created God. I believe Spirit/Mind/God comes first, then The Higher Mind created the physical universe.

Mind over matter, not matter over mind.

Could the Universe be a temporary vehicle for God's (et al) self expression, the same way our bodies are self expression of who we are, at our present state.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Life and Death comes hand in hand, but i dont know how the Universe became a Divine idea?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
originally posted by: DiddyMcC0y

The King is dead, long live the King. The whole time we have been hoodwinked into believing that our God is better than theirs and they need to be punished for worshipping their false god. We have been lead away from our reason to treat each other humanely, in the name of the flag, pride, nationalism or any other ism.

Logics in a philosophical debate, the main purpose of philosophy is saying the truth without actually offending anyone.

Not according to Plato's Cave allegory. People have to be dragged uncomfortably from their dark cave into the light of day. Debating nicely with cave dwellers about the real world outside is useless.
edit on 1-8-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

VIewed metaphorically (which is no better or worse than anything else, as long as we don't confuse metaphor with science) then, the god's dying words might have been "let there be ... " and there was.

Love it!

Light, time, space, reality, matter, energy, expansion, ... and the subsequent formation of structures of everything from galaxies to us to microbes ... would then be the Child of that Unity.

That might be "a god" I could believe in, LOL.

Thanks Windword for your rather amazing thoughts!

You're welcome. And thanks for yours!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

edit on 1-8-2015 by DiddyMcC0y because: doublepost

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Not according to Plato's Cave allegory. People have to be dragged uncomfortably from their dark cave into the light of day. Debating nicely with cave dwellers about the real world outside is useless.

The virtues a God/Deity posseses and not man, the ideals of Camelot.

Prudence (φρόνησις, phronēsis): also described as wisdom, the ability to judge between actions with regard to appropriate actions at a given time.

Justice (δικαιοσύνη, dikaiosynē): also considered as fairness, the most extensive and most important virtue.[1]

Temperance (σωφροσύνη, sōphrosynē): also known as restraint, the practice of self-control, abstention, and moderation tempering the appetition.

Courage (ἀνδρεία, andreia): also named fortitude, forbearance, strength, endurance, and the ability to confront fear, uncertainty, and intimidation.

Plato is also for totalitarinism, and implies that Dictatorship is the fundamental ruling cause man cannot rule over himself.

edit on 1-8-2015 by DiddyMcC0y because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Yes, but the universe is not "one" body, that God uses. Spirits are God, like drops of water are the ocean.

Your body is not "one" thing, it's billions and billions of cells.

We are all Creators, creating our own life experience, through Faith/Belief/Thought/Perception.

God (all of The Spirits) is Creative.

Just like The Ocean (each drop of water) is wet.
edit on 1-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Prudence (φρόνησις, phronēsis): also described as wisdom, the ability to judge between actions with regard to appropriate actions at a given time. Justice (δικαιοσύνη, dikaiosynē): also considered as fairness, the most extensive and most important virtue.[1] Temperance (σωφροσύνη, sōphrosynē): also known as restraint, the practice of self-control, abstention, and moderation tempering the appetition. Courage (ἀνδρεία, andreia): also named fortitude, forbearance, strength, endurance, and the ability to confront fear, uncertainty, and intimidation.

Prudence, justice, temperance and courage are traits that can only be accessed once one leaves the cave.

Plato is also for totalitarinism, and implies that Dictatorship is the fundamental ruling cause man cannot rule over himself.

Such is the justification for religion.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Prudence, justice, temperance and courage are traits that can only be accessed once one leaves the cave.

I think you might picture this image wrong, in society as in cave dwelling, you need rules since you live with more than just a person, religion imposes those set of rules as a morals and ethics.

You dont need the rules as a nomad, so dont know where you are going with the justification of religion?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Yes, but the universe is not "one" body, that God uses. Spirits are God, like drops of water are the ocean.

Your body is not "one" thing, it's billions and billions of cells.

Right. Collections of things, like cells and molecules are brought together, through some sort of attraction that results in a mechanism of "unity" of a new thing. It doesn't follow that the Universe, a collection of everything, isn't a cohesive body, in its own right, or that there isn't a consciousness that inhabits it.

edit on 1-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

What do man made rules, dominance, dictates and tyranny... have to do with "God's" death?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join