It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush "bashed" for not cutting Christmas Short

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Aid Grows Amid Remarks About President's Absence

....."Skeptics said the initial aid sums -- as well as Bush's decision at first to remain cloistered on his Texas ranch for the Christmas holiday rather than speak in person about the tragedy -- showed scant appreciation for the magnitude of suffering and for the rescue and rebuilding work facing such nations as Sri Lanka, India, Thailand and Indonesia."...........

Moronic Article

The whole point of this article is to again take a cheap shot at GW. To show Bill F..ing Clinton as still the "saint" of the media. To use the tragedy of 50,000 + deaths to slam GW yet again.

The last paragraphs show how the US only gives .14% of GDP in aid and how Norway gives .92%. Yet more misinformation. The data does not include "private" donations, only government donations. US aid to such things dwarfs the rest of the world.

For the last time throw the UN out. Every single "Euro-trash UN delegate" should be sent home. Go home and keep screwing up your own countries, leave the US alone.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Dr...

My personal wish is that I'll win the lottery today so that I can donate $200,000 and be able to say I personally donated more than the entire country of stingy-oil-stealing French.

$150,000 - apparently their intention is to buy a box of band-aids for each of the dead.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
these kind of people need to just shut up!

I personally would rather see any money that the U.S. is sending over there, just be kept here at home and come down to Toledo, I'll show you some homeless people out in the cold that could use a couple of bucks !

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
There are far more things to bash Bush on than this...

His constant vacations are nearing legendary proportions, hehe....

Still, it is pretty bad that he can't take 10 minutes out to simply make...err uh...read...a speech in condolence....

It's a well known fact, even by all who hate us, that the US gives out more foreign aid than most nations combined, so they can pretty much bite us on that one.....

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Dr...

My personal wish is that I'll win the lottery today so that I can donate $200,000 and be able to say I personally donated more than the entire country of stingy-oil-stealing French.

$150,000 - apparently their intention is to buy a box of band-aids for each of the dead.

I had forgotten this little slice of heaven about the "French". Maybe they should all ask Saddam or Arafat's wife to send a few billion.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hrm, we are whining about an article that uses this tragedy to bash a political leader, then we just start using it ourselves to bash the French?

Irony anyone?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Hrm, we are whining about an article that uses this tragedy to bash a political leader, then we just start using it ourselves to bash the French?

Irony anyone?

When it comes bashing the French anything is OK. I-R-O-N-Y isn't that french anyway? Doesn't it mean surrender or something?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
There are far more things to bash Bush on than this...

His constant vacations are nearing legendary proportions, hehe....

Still, it is pretty bad that he can't take 10 minutes out to simply make...err uh...read...a speech in condolence....

It's a well known fact, even by all who hate us, that the US gives out more foreign aid than most nations combined, so they can pretty much bite us on that one.....

I agree that it is disgrqaceful that he cannot be bothered to say anything. But we all know he does not care anyway, so maybe a speech would have been hipocritical.

I am in no way downplaying US contributions, without them many in the world would be suffering even more than they are. It is great that people such as Valhall care enough to help, so you should feel proud of what you have done.

I remember reading in a few posts on here, that per person and as a percentage of GDP the US is actually one of the least generous nations when it comes to aid. So all I ask is do not overplay the US' contributions. That being said, the world is still greatful.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Irony anyone?

When it comes bashing the French anything is OK. I-R-O-N-Y isn't that french anyway? Doesn't it mean surrender or something?

Yeah i remember napolean won all his battles by surrendering
The French are imperfect humans like the rest of us and their leaders have done some very bad things, but hate is only going to lead to more hate (from the people you hate and then back again when they spread their hate) and everytime you spread hate there is another person that hates until people have forgotten how to do anything else. I hope that made sense...

Oh and when did people start loving politicians so much?

To clarify I'm not against hating specific people for crimes they have done, only against hating entire groups of people for what a member of their group has done. French babies cannot help being born French just like Jewish babies can't help being born Jewish and American babies can't help being born American. If you condone hating entire groups for the actions of a few than you are doing the same thing that the likes of Bin Laden and Hitler did. So next time instead of blaming the French/Jewish/Americans in general blame the specific person responsible for whatever you have an issue with.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Trent]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
***applause for trents reply ***

nice to spot an intelligent remark once in while in these hate-fueled posts...

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I feel that our nation is more than generous, specially when it comes to the people of this country, we have always shown our support to others in the world, through privated organizations and religous organizations.

Even if our nation ranks about 26 on supporting other countries, we still rank number 1 when it comes to the generosity of our citizens.

And I really don't want to get into the French because I have friends that are french and they have nothing to do with their government agenda.

Just like we are not the ones to do with ours.

And for mister Bush not comming into the public light and give his condolences on the disaster, well I will give some slack, may be he has been ill and it has been kept away from the public, he is human after all. Right?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
And for mister Bush not comming into the public light and give his condolences on the disaster, well I will give some slack, may be he has been ill and it has been kept away from the public, he is human after all. Right?

Cutting GW some slack? Marg are you sick? Yes, it is Christmas time.
I also have french friends. They lived in Iran.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Hey I am not such a bad person you know.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Hey I am not such a bad person you know.

Next time I see 43 and Rummy I give them your love.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Irony anyone?

No...actually, I'm freely bashing the French at any given opportunity today...courtesy of their own inactions.

This was another opportunity.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Next time I see 43 and Rummy I give them your love.

Well what can I said, I have become addicted to it, I mean not Rumsfeld

Specially in my coffee.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Dr...

Why so generous in your French estimate Valhall? I have read they gave 100,000 euros or $135,400 and 16 rescue workers. They also have sent 100 medial personel and approximately 10 tons of humanitarian supplies. Whoopeeeee,

The US is up to 35 million already and has thousands of personel on the way. This includes at least one aircraft carrier and 20 specialized aircraft to assist in rescue efforts. Kindly note this does not include normal aircraft such as C130's, kc-135's and others all loaded with supplies. I have not seen the food estimates yet, but I assume it will be in the hundreds of tons not just 10 as is the case of the French.

Here is a list what other countries are sending.

AUSTRALIA: $27 million, five air force transport planes with supplies and medical teams as well as team of police.

BRITAIN: 15 million pounds ($29 million).

CAMBODIA: $40,000.

CHINA: 21.6 million yuan ($2.6 million).

CZECH REPUBLIC: A plane sent to Sri Lanka with drinking
water. Officials said aid worth $444,400 would be sent.

EUROPEAN UNION: Ready to release up to 30 million euros ($41 million) on top of 3 million euros already allocated to IFRC.

FINLAND: Pledged 500,000 euros to the IFRC. Local
aid organisations have contributed another 75,000 euros. The Finnish Red Cross has sent a field hospital with 15 staff to Sri Lanka.

FRANCE: 100,000 euros earmarked, 16 rescuers sent to Thailand and 10 tonnes of aid to Sri Lanka.

GERMANY: 2 million euros. Three German planes to be dispatched to Phuket.

INDIA: Has promised over $23 million in monetary aid besides sending warships and aircraft to distribute food, medicines and blankets to Sri Lanka and the Maldives.

JAPAN: $40 million pledged and three navy vessels sent to Thailand.

KUWAIT: Supplies worth $2 million pledged and $100,000 sent.

QATAR: $10 million

SAUDI ARABIA: $10 million package pledged, half to be distributed via the Saudi Red Crescent, and half for international aid groups.

SOUTH KOREA: $2 million.

TAIWAN: $5.1 million.

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: $2 million.

UNITED STATES: $35 million and 12 vessels to region.

Kindly note who sent the least

[edit on 12/29/2004 by shots]

[edit on 12/29/2004 by shots]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Kindly note who sent the least

What are we bashing Cambodia now?

Yeah lets piss on people because they aren't giving as much as us! Thats the spirit of generosity!

On that note: WOOHOO Aus is giving the highest per GDP or per Capita! WOOHOO you are all going to hell!

I guess people are really showing their true selves in using this tragedy to bash any group who is contributing to help in any way. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Kano]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This was a Muslim area of the world. The morons in (Shri Lanka)sp? have refused Israeli help. It is nice to see the Muslim Oil countries doing something. That is kinda nice for a change. More money not sent to the UN the better.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Cambodia? What? WHy they giving money? Were are they anyways?

Anyways, damn countries only giving this much money or that much money. The fact they gave any is enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join