It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of keeping Alien Life from the public?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
There are all sorts of possibilities out there. But I think it is likely ... extremely likely ... that there is no "alien conspiracy." That is, the highest-ranking members of the most powerful governments in the world are just as in the dark as we are about UFOs.

Two other possibilities I can see:

1) There are several ancient or pre-modern Earth-based human civilizations that developed space travel, have become powerful and have warned the major governments of Earth not to reveal the reality of the situation, mainly because they want to go about doing things as they please and not have to worry about us present-day Earthlings interfering.

2) That us, as human beings, are not who we think we are. Maybe there is nothing special about our race; maybe humanity was simply the final result of a bunch of lab experiments conducting on all sorts of creatures around the galaxy. Maybe each of our consciousnesses are really just little sparks inside an artificial universe, something akin to The Matrix but much different and much stranger.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

It is certainly possible that various govt dont know much, but those with a "need to know" are aware we are being observed. But honestly its just wild speculation, these "need to know" people could be aware of much more, who knows.

Im in the believer camp as far as some cases being alien UFOs, but beyond that there seems to be no good information. I would like to think something would eventually leak out(like Clifford Stone, but credible...) which would line up with what your saying.

Whats your opinion on abduction stories, anything you believe to be credible?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

So it is your belief the MoD for the most part has been forthcoming? Or perhaps the really good stuff is kept word of mouth or destroyed when deemed appropiate?

Like this (supposed) naval incident, I doubt it was part of the released documents. Of course Karl has posted about it as well.

Do you have a downloaded copy of all the released documents, does it mention anything about Mainbrace?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111

So it is your belief the MoD for the most part has been forthcoming? Or perhaps the really good stuff is kept word of mouth or destroyed when deemed appropriate?

I think the UK MoD is like any other large organisation and subject to errors and mistakes as well as the ignorance of its staff when people move on. Things get lost, mis-filed and overlooked. (God I sound like Nick Pope now
)

As far as I know the files released are mainly from the "UFO desk" and I believe the MoD have been forthcoming by releasing those files that can be released. Many well in advance of the normal UK 30 years release rule. But batches of files before 1970 had already been destroyed or lost forever.

Some files cannot be released, or are heavily redacted, to avoid compromising the defence of the nation and the position of our allies. Whilst I was looking into something totally unrelated to UFOs at the UK National Archives I discovered that some documents from the early 1970s are restricted until at least the 2040s! There are also mistakes where redactions have not been made where they should have been in some of the MoD files. (Nothing earth shattering just things like names that have not been blacked out).

The military are built on keeping secrets. So there could well be other documents that will never be released. Some are cleverly worded to avoid attracting too much attention to them as well.

But I don't buy into the global conspiracy to hide the truth about alien crash landings and treaties. It's more likely that the true 'unknowns' are actually quite rare and remain 'unknown' . It's just governments do not want to admit anything that may make them look vulnerable and unable to 'defend their nation''.

Do you have a downloaded copy of all the released documents, does it mention anything about Mainbrace?

Unfortunately there is no real logical order to the released documents. They tend to just be batches of files. They are not organised by date nor by case. So there is a lot of jumping around with each batch of files.

If you want to have a look at Operation Mainbrace there is a FREE sample of Dr. David Clarke's book on the MoD files including information on Mainbrace here : The Inside Story of UFO Files - Real Life Sightings. Although he is a professional skeptic he has done some sterling work in the field at times.

The MoD UFO files were once free to download but now have a charge @ the UK National Archives site.

Although not every single document is available most of them are available completely free of charge from : BlackVault.com

Sorry I'm not being much help in pointing you to the exact files. But it's a long time since I looked at them, they aren't searchable pdf files either which makes things more difficult.

edit on 13/8/15 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
They're aware that there will be mass panic and pandemonium, they're delaying the inevitable until they're comfy enough with the security measures.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Hard to get a good feel on the UK side of things, destroying records every 5 years( or at least claiming to do so) seems awfully convenient. Didnt make looking at the RAF Lakenheath-Bentwaters case any easier.

It seems Clarke and Pope have differing opinions on it.

Probably wishful thinking, as there just doesnt seem to be enough people like Podesta who are interested, but it would be nice on the anniversary of some of the popular cases like Rendlesham, if the parliament asked people to come forward without fear of pensions or whatever being lost. There were number people involved in the royal navy incident in 52 so they could help confirm what happened there if anything.

surely isaac or someone has a searchable pdf of all those black vault documents?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Although not every single document is available most of them are available completely free of charge from : BlackVault.com

ewww all scans to pdf, I was just trying to do a site search on blackvault.com and realized what I was up against.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

Yep the pdfs are simply scans of the documents. Many of them are handwritten, drawings or book, magazine and news clippings. So even running them through an OCR scan would probably not get you very far. And it would be a very laborious process.

Not sure if you are looking at the specific incident you highlighted or Operation Mainbrace in general? But something strange was going on during the exercise.

David Clarke has his own write up on Mainbrace here (although the main content is about another UFO incident later in 1952) : drdavidclarke.co.uk...

There is also a short video here:

Ruppelt also mentions it in his book which, as it is out of copyright, you can find in full online at a number of places. Including the link below.

“On September 20, a U.S. newspaper reporter aboard an aircraft carrier in the North Sea was photographing a carrier take-off in color when he happened to look back down the flight deck and saw a group of pilots and flight deck crew watching something in the sky. He went back to look and there was a silver sphere moving across the sky just behind the fleet of ships. The object appeared to be large, plenty large enough to show up in a photo, so the reporter shot several pictures. They were developed right away and turned out to be excellent. He had gotten the superstructure of the carrier in each one and, judging by the size of the object in each successive photo, one could see that it was moving rapidly.”

Source : Edward J. Ruppelt - The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects

Mainbrace was a NATO exercise so there may well be documents from other European nations, Canada and the USA. There are some UK files (not part of the UFO batches) that are available via FOI but have not been digitized relating to Operation Mainbrace as yet.

Not sure if that's really helping but good luck in finding the information you are after.

I would suspect that anything the UK MoD deems "not of defence significance" has been released whilst anything that is of "defence significance" probably hasn't.

edit on 19/8/15 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

The world wide coverup does seem difficult and really was just trying to get a feel for how much the UK disclosed. Skeptics like Clarke say everything was released and it turns out there is nothing to it.

But given the details of MainBrace in the video(ive seen it before and the series is excellent - all on youtube for those interested) , one would like to check out what the MoD had gathered about the event(or any other govt), however there is nothing to know because the papers were destroyed.

We get that short snippet from Harry Jordon about them tracking a USO a quater-mile wide and then it surfaces and bumps a ship. Wouldnt it be nice to get some info about that from the actual radar operators. There should be many witnesses to the MainBrace sightings, one would suppose it would be a long case file. Not so.

I tried looking into the Cosford event, but I see Clarke has done a good job fully explaining that one. Unfortunate cases like this get any airtime when there appears to be a really good explanation for them, and of course this explanation is left out of the show as well.

I was trying to get a temperature on Clarke as well, hoping I could find a write up on the Belgium Wave case, but couldnt find anything. I thought he had a good discussion by the pilots in the MainBrace operation so he appears to be able to look at cases more objectively than some.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join