It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very sticky, very stinky weed I found.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

That looks like ruderalis to me.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Throw in your pipe and smoke it.
See what happens.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

If you could smell this stuff you would not even dare smoking it, it would be like smoking a turd nugget. There is good stink and bad stink, this a the latter.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Mail me a sample.
I'll pm ya.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Nice, yes Purslane is good stuff, I like the texture too. Do you notice any good health effects from it? Its loaded with not only omega 3's but antioxidants too, although I read that eating too much will lead to kidney stones because of some compound in it.
Has anyone ever caught you ninja spiking their salads? I am going to do that now, thanks for the idea.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Okay.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sure it does, a stalky sativa without the fan leaves. It's been identified as something else thou, all good.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Here's a pic of stinkweed
terrain site

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Navarretia Mallita or skunk Navaretia

Both sticky and stinky

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

There was me getting all excited when i read the title but i think you have this little pest on your hands

www.google.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Guilty as charged lol.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I know you already got your plant ID'ed, but just wanted to mention that I have a stinky plant around here too (I'm in NC), but not sure what it is.

Even though we have central air, we have a window unit in the bedroom to keep it cooler in here without keeping the entire house as cool as the BR. This awful smell comes in sometimes (not always), and seems to be more humid temps that cause the odor. It almost smells a bit like mimosa but no mimosa trees around that I'm aware of (though we do have woods behind us and they grow wild here-so could be).

Sorry if off topic, but thought maybe someone would have an idea of plant/tree that might smell bad.

ETA; and now sitting in the BR w/ the air on and I'm smelling perfume intermittently, so perhaps I have a tumor (lol).

edit on 1-8-2015 by RobinB022 because: eta

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I haven't had any issues with kidney stones, but I don't drink sodas and I eat a ton of cilantro. The one adverse affect I get from it is indigestion. I hear that can be mitigated by cooking it, but I love the texture of raw purslane.

As far as health effects, I have not noticed. I attribute this to the season being relatively short, and my alcoholism being year round. Hehheeee.

I didn't really set out to forage for health reasons. I look for free delicious food.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the speedy delivery.
Let's see...
Okay I can't feel my face.
The walls are staring at me.
Can't recommend it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join