It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel like people shouldn't react to the lion kill badly if they eat meat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

but, since they have little conception of what is happening to them, it is different.

If one prolonged the death of a chicken and tortured it for no reason, I would like to see them jailed as well

I think in your rant you fail to see your assumptions! Do you go around campaigning for the jailing of directors of companies engaged in battery chicken farming?

www.humanesociety.org...://www.google.com.au/

Battery Cages
The vast majority of egg-laying hens in the United States are confined in battery cages. On average, each caged laying hen is afforded only 67 square inches of cage space—less space than a single sheet of letter-sized paper on which to live her entire life. Unable even to spread their wings, caged laying hens are among the most intensively confined animals in agribusiness.

Caged hens also suffer from the denial of many natural behaviors such as nesting, perching, and dustbathing, all important for hen welfare. Numerous scientists and other experts [PDF] have spoken clearly about the animal welfare problems with battery cages. One such scientist, Nobel Prize winner Dr. Konrad Lorenz, said:

"The worst torture to which a battery hen is exposed is the inability to retire somewhere for the laying act. For the person who knows something about animals it is truly heart-rending to watch how a chicken tries again and again to crawl beneath her fellow cagemates to search there in vain for cover."

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I don't understand what you are saying. There are a lot of things I would like to see people jailed for, yes. Do you follow me around and know where I go or what I do to fight for that?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: reldra

a reply to: CaptainHook

In another week, someone will shoot a lion wearing a confederate flag while the animal was stopped with it's paws up saying, "Don't shoot".

Riots will ensue.

Police will be blamed.

And a new gun law will be written as a result.

But this will blow over quickly. Just like an ethics investigation in the senate.

You have to be kidding me? Lightening the mood is one thing, but this is much too garbled.

Okay, let me put it this way.

I'll wager that by the end of August, some other event will take place to "outrage" the masses and keep us all occupied.

I know what you are saying. The same thing has been said a couple hundred times on this website. Possibly, this is correct. However, I can remember multiple events at one time. I think you can too. It doesn't diminish this one. Does it?

link   
triple post. website lag.
edit on 31-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   
double post
edit on 31-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

If you wish to spend your time being outraged over a dentist on safari, in the US, you are free to do so.

I think I'll spend more constructive time shaking an angry fist at cloud shapes that offend me.

link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I think Palmer knew

We are all entitled to an opinion.

It is against the law there to 'lure animals out of a reserve'

Actually no, it isn't.

especially covering it up by trying to destroy their GPS collar after.

Sorry, but that isn't illegal either. It isn't even illegal to kill a lion with a GPS collar.

In fact the guide has already admitted he was the one who removed the collar and either destroyed it and put it in a tree or just put it in a tree.

Don't try to say the dentist didn't know this was wrong.

Lionaid the conservation group there has already said he shouldn't have any reason to know the regulations there. That's what guides are hired for.

Ok, prove it.

OK, no problem.

For the legality

Lion Aid

For what the guide admitted

Sensational Headline

Added for your additional post.

2 Zimbabweans were charged and granted bail in the case.

They were charged because a lion was killed on land that didn't have Lion quota. That is illegal.

See the Lion Aid link.
edit on 31-7-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

link   

Whats hard to understand about your statement "the chickens have little conception of what is going on"?

Using that logic we could torture to a slow death any living thing as long as we use the right anaesthetics.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

If you wish to spend your time being outraged over a dentist on safari, in the US, you are free to do so.

I think I'll spend more constructive time shaking an angry fist at cloud shapes that offend me.

Cute. I answered this post mainly because the OP was very sincere and interested in the topic. I think she/he is off. But it is still more important than cloud shapes.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I think Palmer knew

Actually no, it isn't.

Sorry, but that isn't illegal either. It isn't even illegal to kill a lion with a GPS collar.

In fact the guide has already admitted he was the one who removed the collar and either destroyed it and put it in a tree or just put it in a tree.

Lionaid the conservation group there has already said he shouldn't have any reason to know the regulations there. That's what guides are hired for.

Ok, prove it.

OK, no problem.

For the legality

Lion Aid

Sensational Headline

They were charged because a lion was killed on land that didn't have Lion quota. That is illegal.

See the Lion Aid link.

Fine. The dentist is a douche, though. He had enough hunting experience to know and he had done similar before. If you want to defend him, go ahead.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Whats hard to understand about your statement "the chickens have little conception of what is going on"?

Using that logic we could torture to a slow death any living thing as long as we use the right anaesthetics.

No. I also said anyone to do so would have something fundamentally wrong with them.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I think Palmer knew

Actually no, it isn't.

Ok, prove it.

OK, no problem.

For the legality

Lion Aid

Sensational Headline

See the Lion Aid link.

Fine. The dentist is a douche, though. He had enough hunting experience to know and he had done similar before. If you want to defend him, go ahead.

Did you actually read the articles and you still claim he should have known?

4 days in one country and he supposed to know all the rules regulations and what lands have lion quotas.

Boy you are demanding of someone.

As I said before people should be mad. They should be mad at the countries that set up the regulations or mad at the Guides who set up the hunt.

Being mad at Palmer takes all the pressure off the ones who can actually change things for the better. I am sure the officials there are very grateful to the misguided and ill-informed people that are not looking at them.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

That just might make sense if, if the lion was going to feed an extended susistance family - but not as a stuffed trophy for an ego-centric western dentist that has never known want.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
My parents are currently on safari in Kenya. They get back next week. (they've been there a month)

They only took cameras though.

(and they're republicans!)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

yeah.
farm raised animals bred as a food source for humans is the same thing as a wild, exotic animal lured off protected land and killed for sport.

i dont feel bad at all about eating animals. matter of fact, i wish i could eat more.
there is lots of stuff i would like to try.

having said that, im not into the killing part of it but i enjoy food so, i dont kill. i shop.
use coupons too

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

And this pretty much sums up a lot of this country... proud of being wrong/ignorant, proud of being callous, and proud to be part of the problem (except for the coupons part, that's probably good).

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

There is a difference between eating a type of animal raised for slaughter and number in the millions, and an animal that is facing extremely reduced numbers if not extinction in the not too distant future which is also nearly mythological in story and fame. Animal abuse is a separate issue and a terrible thing but we do eat meat. This man is not going to eat lion meat. Taking a trophy animal is a selfish endeavor. It removes a beautiful animal from its existence that no other human can again appreciate in its natural home. It will be placed on a wall inside someone's home with few viewers. No more photographs, no more breeding from a magnificent gene line, just privately viewed by someone with extra money. This poor lion was tracked for 40 hours after being shot with the crossbow. Not a clean kill even. I'm sure the hunter had backup from others nearby with guns.... so what did this prove? That he is truly a man's man? I see selfishness, not manhood. We cannot continue to act as we did 50 years ago, 100 years ago, longer..... animals are facing loss of habitat, extinction of their kind, and weakening of their gene pool. As the human population grows, the natural animals are reduced. This is the 21st century. If we are to continue to have such beautiful animals, we must preserve them, not hunt them. Does some of his money go to conservation? I suppose. I see that as an excuse though. If he cared about the animals, he could just donate money without killing them. Slaughter house abuse? Different issue. Eating meat? Different issue. This was a beloved lion, not a cow or pig or a deer that is part of an overpopulation.
edit on 1-8-2015 by jaxnmarko because: grammar

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It's because this Lion was killed for fun and games!

If it had been killed because it was chasing after this guy to kill him, then I doubt it would be causing much bother..

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

He didn't kill it for food...didn't kill it to defend himself...he did it for selfish reasons: sport. Which in this case-its YOU that's looking badly.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustrangerplease read my post and you see I stated that killing for sport is wrong and cecil death is tragic. Read before you make accusations.

edit on 1-8-2015 by CaptainHook because: edit the sentence

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join