It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura on Why Democrats Flip-Flop on the Issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
In this all-new Off the Grid, I discuss why Democrats flip-flop on the issues every time public opinion changes. For example, Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama have both flip-flopped on immigration and same-sex marriage over the years.

But are these dems flip-flopping because their stances have truly evolved over time, or are they only doing it to get votes?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Republicans are the Good Ol Boys, the Democrats are the everything else. That way a choice emerges when of course there really isn't one.

Come on Jesse, keep up!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Let's be real here. They pretty much all flip-flop or lie about how they really feel or what they really believe and then just get caught. They're politicians.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Yeah, whatever.

Bernie Sanders doesn't flip flop on anything. I think the other candidates are afraid of him.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Would have been more accurate to say politicians. Not a party specific problem.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
No person should ever change thier opinion on things as time passes/new facts come out. /s

I never understood why someone changing thier stance on a topic is a "terrible" issue. Now the "I say one thing to these people and another to thoes people" politicians is a complete different issue.

How many times have politicians been brought down by things they did/said 20-30 years ago by people saying they never change or they flip-floped on this issue? It is astounding.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Dems "flip-flop" because they are believers in science. Science is roughly defined as "the pursuit of truth"...and when new, verifiable evidence comes along, then Dems adapt to the most recent verifiable information, much like science. BLIND FAITH is not a defining factor for Dems, nor is it a useful tool to guide a nation.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
In this all-new Off the Grid, I discuss why Democrats flip-flop on the issues every time public opinion changes. For example, Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama have both flip-flopped on immigration and same-sex marriage over the years.

But are these dems flip-flopping because their stances have truly evolved over time, or are they only doing it to get votes?

Democrats truly do stand only on what gets the votes. then when elected they try increase the size and scope of government to obscene proportions so they can build up and entrench themselves to a point where it won't matter if they can't keep getting re-elected since they will have created a very lucrative system for their friends and kickbacks and graft for themselves by buying lobbyists just by trading and selling their power of influence to the highest bidder.
Harry Reid and Obama gave up even caring about hiding it anymore, as their supporters are more simple minded animals than they are human, and very easy to maintain just by lying to them that they will keep getting more free stuff, but the truth is they have more taken away from them at a faster rate than they are getting more free benefits, but their simple minds are too busy with their hands out like the filthy ignorant beggars they mimic. (Real beggars are a whole lot smarter.)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Changing ones opinion on something as time/information evolves is perfectly normal and the sign of a healthy mind.

But if a politician flip-flops (as in back and forth and back and forth), without a doubt it's most definitely a sure sign of a con artist just chasing after votes.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I’ve gotta admit, I’m a flip-flopper, too. I think most of us are. For whatever reasons, over time we all tend to change our tune on specific issues. That doesn’t mean we change our entire ideology, although that happens, too. This is normal.

IMO not always, but most of the time, it’s a bad thing if someone refuses to change their stance on an issue when faced with overwhelming evidence to the contrary. As times change, circumstances change, and it’s healthy to be able to bend in the wind.

This is not to say that one shouldn’t have certain rock-solid convictions. For example, I believe that unless a country is in a purely defensive posture, diplomacy should always precede military action. Diplomacy must always be exhausted prior to military intervention. I’ve always felt this way and doubt I will ever adhere to the Cheney doctrine - Even if it becomes acceptable to the masses.

I think you can generally (not always) tell when someone is being genuine.

Depending on the issue and it’s relative impact, I imagine most politicians are flip-flop-capable. It wouldn’t make sense, otherwise. It’s the one’s who refuse to even consider reassessing their positions, in light of current circumstances and evidence to the contrary, that I have a problem with. These types often act based upon promoting their own self-serving agenda, rather than the best interests of the people.

As far as the cases shown in your vid, Jesse, I can’t read their minds, and so I don’t know for sure if these were cases of flip-flopping for a vote. However, I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt, considering neither Hillary nor Obama have been shown to have a history of doing it.

Peace...

PS: Wow, NoCorruptionAllowed, your avatar indicates Mood: Always Happy. Sure didn't sound like it in your post, though...

edit on 7/31/2015 by netbound because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Many, many Republicans have also flip flopped on issues over the years.

Ask Donald Trump about his opinions on several issues from 20 years ago. He used to support Hillary Clinton, immigration, abortion, just for starters.

And don't get me started on flip flopper in chief Mitt Romney.

Mitch McConnell used to support Planned Parenthood, even fast tracked a supporting bill in the 1990's so they could sell fetal tissue.

Republicans have flipped on MANY, MANY issues in the last few years, this isn't exclusively a Democrat problem.

Once again, Jesse Venture is not only misleading on something he claims is a conspiracy (Which isn't), he's downright WRONG, and his claim is EASILY debunked by reading a few pages on Wikipedia.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Many of them do it according to the political winds. If it’s popular now, they’re for it. If it’s unpopular in two years, they’re against it. So bear that in mind. You have to be a critical judge. Are they just bending to the political winds to stay in power, or did they really get educated and make a change? Flip-flopping isn’t a bad thing. If you get more educated on a subject and you do more critical thinking and change your position, that’s fine. As long as it’s not done to simply benefit yourself and your politics.

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
Dems "flip-flop" because they are believers in science. Science is roughly defined as "the pursuit of truth"...and when new, verifiable evidence comes along, then Dems adapt to the most recent verifiable information, much like science. BLIND FAITH is not a defining factor for Dems, nor is it a useful tool to guide a nation.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
You're correct, it certainly can happen. Sometimes age has something to do with it. They always say when you’re young you’re a liberal democrat and when you’re old you become a conservative republican. And there’s some truth to that, when you consider the median age that watches Fox News. It’s 73.

originally posted by: netbound
I’ve gotta admit, I’m a flip-flopper, too. I think most of us are. For whatever reasons, over time we all tend to change our tune on specific issues. That doesn’t mean we change our entire ideology, although that happens, too. This is normal.

new topics

top topics

join