It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something has been in my house for the last week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I've run into something recently that is starting to bug me. You would figure that after being alive for a certain amount of time that you know how things feel and how the world is supposed to be. Lately everything just "feels wrong" quite frequently. There's been this extremely noticeable but intangible presence around me lately. If I stay in any given room for an hour or more this thing shows up to freak me out.

I have noticed that in certain situations I have the distinct impression of something standing behind me. Not just a paranoid thought, but you know the unmistakable feeling of mass that you can sense when somebody is so close that you can feel your clothes trying to cling to theirs and when you can see their shadow in front of you? Well minus actually seeing the shadow, that's what its been- i KNOW that somebody is behind me. The first time I didn't even question it- i threw my elbow back expecting to hear my little brother yelp, but there was nobody there. This has been going on for about a week and a half now. I get the most severe urge to pick up a weapon, but if I do it only gets stronger, not only do I know its there then but I know its about to strike.

The wierd thing is that this has coincided with some really strange tricks of perception that I have been picking up lately. From time to time in the last 2 or 3 weeks my perception of myself and my surroundings just shifts. I am the type to become utterly emersed in a task and lose most perception outside of my immediate attention. Lately I have experienced this little realization where at random moments I become aware of my surroundings in great detail. One minute i'm sitting in a room, the next minute I'm sitting at a specific point in the lot on a specific point on my street in a certain position relative to several businesses that I frequent. I just suddenly seem to involuntarily dig up every shred of info I have about my exact location instantly, simultaneously consider how much other activity is going on in the area, and feel incredibly insignificant as if I really should be doing more.
So the unnerving question for me is this: is my recent fixation on my surroundings making me aware of something very real, or are there two rational and coincidental explanations for this?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
VB, you ever get into any kind of meditation, OBE's, AP, alien communication protocol, or even, dare I mention the word, synchronicity? Just curious.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
So the unnerving question for me is this: is my recent fixation on my surroundings making me aware of something very real, or are there two rational and coincidental explanations for this?

I have some clear answers:

Perhaps aliens are interested in you, and they are visiting you frequently (which is possible), or you are simply confused and paranoid (that can be likely, too).

So here are some solutions: Leave that weapon alone, because you won't be able to use them, neither could those near you. . . against an alien lifeform. All you can do, is bear the fact that they are watching you.

In the other case... if you got any mental illness that you may not know about, it is always the best idea to keep away from any information flow, that can be related to aliens or paranormal phenomena. This way you can actually clear yourself from any information disorder that can bug you really well, since you may not know how to handle that. E.G: I keep away from ghosts and dead ones, because I know nothing about it, it's better not to believe in it at all.

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
VB, you ever get into any kind of meditation, OBE's, AP, alien communication protocol, or even, dare I mention the word, synchronicity? Just curious.

I've attempted meditation, remote viewing, and astral projection before. I have almost no success. The only ability I have gained in that realm is that I can conjure extremely specific memories of places I have been by laying in my bed and thinking about trying to go to sleep in the place I wish to remember. Next thing I know I am in some random memory of that place with almost perfect recollection of the layout, people, and objects there. Hardly supernatural, but very cool.

I have no clue what synchronicity is, please enlighten me.

Response to Vertu: I have considered the possibility that handling my fighting knife is actually the root of of violent thoughts/fears. As a matter of fact that occurred to me just last night when I was considering how incredibly stupid I would normally think somebody is for putting so much stock in a feeling such as I have described. So long story short I have started stashing my knives in a drawer where I will not be seeing them or playing with them when I'm bored. I will report on the effectiveness of this after I've had time to see how its working.
I am somewhat interested in the idea of it being alien in origin because I always assumed an alien would be a tangible thing that I could see. My initial assumption was that I am being visited by an astral projector or other non-physical entity. I also pondered spiritual answers because I people I know and trust claim to have had very disturbing experiences with demons and other paranormal forces.

Ultimately I dont know though. I'm persuing sollutions based on the assumption that this could be a matter of my own consciousness rather than my real surroundings but I am also interested in other explanations.

Any chance you could fill me in on what would suggest alien explanations?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wow, I started typing this to you and as soon as I was close to finishing it the entire post vanished. Yikes!

Anyway, to start again:

Leave the weapon alone. If you don't then you will grab the knife the next time you feel the presense and turn to stick it and it WILL be your brother. Violence is never the answer.

Enjoy the Zen. You seem to be experiancing allot of it.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
here are my humble thoughts. i have felt the same basic thing before, just go to a door, open it up, and tell it its not welcome, and it will most likely leave. that is if its a ghost. there are a number of reasons for this.

one, something is going to happen soon, not necessarily tomorrow, or even next week, but not more than a few months away either. Youre precog is warning you. Your attention to detail, IMHO, is your subconscious or your psychic abilities letting you know to PAY ATTENTION! if it is a precog vision/feeling, its letting you know that there is a way out, youll feel it, know it, see it right before it happens. get the heck out of wherever you are. you may be getting these feelings in respect to specific areas in your life, pay extra attention in those areas. Hate and "evil" are powerful energies. They can project far into the future, or in your specific case the past. youre in the past of a future event. A curse is just a powerful hate or love energy projected into the future.

back to the imediate topic though. another thing is, although i dont believe this part, they exist, but i dont think they do this stuff, aliens. Vertu may be right, they may be watching you. you may have a demon watching you for some reason, maybe the armies of darkness need a new recruit.

the last possibility is one of the two i have given that i feel is the most likely. As mrwupy said, you may just be in the Zen. Everyone feels it differently. It may just be so new to you, and youre experiencing a normal human reaction to a new feeling, fear and paranoia. either youll get used to it and the bad feelings will go away, and youll hear what they are saying to you. Or, itll never go away, youll grow used to it, and notice the subtleties in it, youll learn what they mean. either way, PAY ATTENTION!!!! use what youve got, to your advantage, but not to the detriment of others. (i hope i used my big word right) If you dont use it youll definitely lose it, if my second theory is right, you may lose it anyway after the event that may be coming.

no matter the situation, cause or otherwise, i hope it all works out for you.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I suppose the first thing I should say is that I wouldn't stab something I couldn't identify as hostile- my brother is safe. I would throw a half-strength elbow even if it was my brother, just cause we rough around a lot- so nothing dangerous there.

Originally posted by question_reality
Youre precog is warning you. Your attention to detail, IMHO, is your subconscious or your psychic abilities letting you know to PAY ATTENTION!

Just in the interest of fairness, I don't think I've displayed any psychic abilities. I've had a very strong consciousness of minor details that i normally wouldn't think twice about, but I haven't seen any details I shouldn't have had a conventional way of knowing.

Vertu may be right, they may be watching you. you may have a demon watching you for some reason, maybe the armies of darkness need a new recruit.

Well the armies of darkness have chosen well, but I'm completely nuts about a preacher's daughter so they'll be hard pressed to turn me.
If ET is watching me I just hope he isn't doing a study on mating habits- I'm a little bashful. Anyway he must be bored out of his mind- even I can barely stand to hang around my house- and I am allowed to turn on the TV without giving away my presence

the last possibility is one of the two i have given that i feel is the most likely. As mrwupy said, you may just be in the Zen.

You're gonna have to explain Zen to me. My knowledge of Zen is limited to a single joke (1000 pardons if this offends anybody)
What did the Zen Master say to the hotdog vendor?
Make me one with everything.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It could be some type of electrical interference, I've read that high levels of it can produce the feeling of being watched in humans and affect them in yet undiscovered ways. Just my thoughts, I usually try to rule out the obvious first. Get someone to do EMF readings around your house, and find out if anything is abnormal, if it is, where its coming from. I dono, thats just me.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
It could be some type of electrical interference, I've read that high levels of it can produce the feeling of being watched in humans and affect them in yet undiscovered ways. Just my thoughts, I usually try to rule out the obvious first. Get someone to do EMF readings around your house, and find out if anything is abnormal, if it is, where its coming from. I dono, thats just me.

Very interest. Any chance you can give me a link that would tell me more and perhaps suggest a good tool for measuring this?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Very interest. Any chance you can give me a link that would tell me more and perhaps suggest a good tool for measuring this?

I have never heard of this, but I know that high voltage power cables running near your home can make you mentally ill, and bold. That's why it is a rule to keep power cables away from populated areas!!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
We haven't got high voltage around here. We've barely got electricity. I'm the only one in the city who's never been cow-tipping. Maybe if I lived 15 miles west- they are building a power plant in San Bernardino.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

We haven't got high voltage around here. We've barely got electricity. I'm the only one in the city who's never been cow-tipping. Maybe if I lived 15 miles west- they are building a power plant in San Bernardino.

Then there other explanations are meant to be explaining your problem. I don't say that you are sick, but there could be paranoia (most likely to cause these problems) behind all this. Usually those who have fear of something/somebody feel the same what you feel. It can also come with age, and depression. I suggest you go to see a doc, and not discussing this on a forum. Could be more serious than you think, it shouldn't be an issue here, because things can go worse.

And it's not a good idea to overexplain this stuff and finding excuses, it can be only bad for you!!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
everyones definition of Zen is a little different, but basically the same. My definition is that youre in tune with your surroundings, either through practice, or trauma. If youve got it, use it to your advantage, pay attention to whats going on, it just may save your rear end.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Considering the general concensus here, I'm going to be leaving this thread alone. My feeling is that my sudden recognition of minor details it the result of having too few distractions (also known as too little to do) and that the presence I am feeling is psychological in origin although probably not very severe.
I could EASILY be wrong, but taking the cautious route of assuming this to be a harmless phenomenon and attempting to avoid over-reaction seems wise.

Thanks for your input all. Perhaps if anything interesting happens I will report back. i will also speak with my pastor, although I am not incredibly relgious and consider the demonic angle to be almost completely without merit.
Thanks again

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Its possible that the wiring is your house was done incorrect, or something has gone wrong with them, producing abnormal levels. I couldnt find any good articles on it, sorry. But I'd still suggest getting someone to look at your house and see if there are any abormal EMF readings. Of course, the theory is that spirits/entities use energy in the atmosphere to manifest themselves, so it would be hard to differeniate mis-wiring, or paranormal activity, for instance if you did find an abnormal reading, you should make sure that its not coming from an obvious source, and then move on to the un-obvious. A lot of things give off EMF readings though, you dont have to be by big high voltage areas, im sure you have electromagnetic fields in your house, as I see you are typing on a computer.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If anything VB, I would go with the metaphysical. Like is there someone you know that has passed, around this timeframe you may have been close too or even distant but knew them. Maybe, they are there to warn you of something, or protect you from something happening or maybe someone wants revenge against you. Look at the timeframe, the past, who was involved and no longer alive. And the next time you get that sense that they are there, open your mind and try to hear them, clear your mind of all thoughts and focus on them...if you know you are doing something you dont normally do or is out of line of normal habits, stop immediately, they could be decieving you if they are "evil" so to say. try to speak to them or understand why they may be approaching you now andnot before. Also, depending where you live, if the land or house that you lived in was rented, owned by another or a group, find out what happened there, even go back as far as what may have been there prior to the home(s) being there. I only state this, cause I have interaction from time to time with those who have long gone and there is 2 sides there as well, those who hate and those who love.

new topics

top topics

join