It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie needs to educate himself on firearms!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Or, one can watch a video posted on YouTube by 'Feel the Bern', where we hear him say that "I voted to support the ban on assault weapons."
2:14 on this YouTube video posted by a Bernie Sanders supporter.
edit on b000000312015-07-31T15:32:33-05:0003America/ChicagoFri, 31 Jul 2015 15:32:33 -0500300000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

I just want to know where you go to quail hunt with an M-16. Or when you plan to kill some turkeys with that AK 47 you bought.

I figure these are the types of weapons Sen. Sanders had in mind when he says these things.

I am not saying you can't hunt with an assualt rifle, it just becomes a matter of "over kill".

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I love how people can obsess over a single issue to the point where they'd pick a clearly worse candidate because of it. Even if the candidate who disagrees with them on this one pet issue is in line with them in all other ways, or is clearly more legitimate or less a liar than the one who holds up a sign saying I support your pet issue, while laughing his ass off you one issue morons were duped again.

Just sick of hearing "Bernie no like ma guns"

If that's all you got, then go home. It's only one issue, and anyone who cares about one issue above all else period is a joke.

Six thousand stars.

That and as someone else said., check his voting record. He's actually sensible.
edit on 7/31/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

My favorite hunting deer rifle is an ak-74 the 74's are 223 cal, the family's other deer rifle is a SKS. These guns are cheap, rugged and dependable and have been putting meat on the table for years.

Gun control, I think if it's a choice of voting for R or D politicians, which we know we can't trust. When it comes to Bernie sanders gun policy, his voting record gives me confidence in Sanders.

edit on 31-7-2015 by AlaskanDad because: sp correction

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I love how people can obsess over a single issue

People said the same thing right after the 16th Amendment passed in 1913.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
We live in a time this oligarchy has stripped us of most of the bill or rights and constitutional rights, speech, privacy, unlawful search and seizure, our money is printed and sold to us with interest when it clearly states in the constitution that its congress job to print money, asset forfeiture and so on and so on. Yet when it comes to the second amendment, this is the final line to draw? The gun rights have done nothing to stop or slow down the rights we have already lost.

DO you really support the mentally ill people the right to buy guns or people with violent backgrounds to buy guns?

Im very pro gun I will never support guns being banned but we have way bigger problems than this gun issue facing us all.
edit on 31-7-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

I just want to know where you go to quail hunt with an M-16. Or when you plan to kill some turkeys with that AK 47 you bought.

I figure these are the types of weapons Sen. Sanders had in mind when he says these things.

I am not saying you can't hunt with an assualt rifle, it just becomes a matter of "over kill".

How is it overkill? Because you are incredibly ignorant about firearms (possibly more ignorant than bernie) yet even with your lack of any knowledge you find yourself entitled to speak on things you know nothing about? You should be a politician!

Here, let me replace some of your ignorance with knowledge:

The M-16 is a select fire military firearm and cannot be purchased by civilians in America. Citizens can purchase semi-automatic AR variants. They fire a .223 cartridge. Please do some research on the .223 cartridge, and compare it to the likes of the .308 or .30-06. Both the .308 are .30-06 are common hunting calibers that make the round fired from an AR look like spit ball. And you can actually get .308 and .30-06 kits which allow you to fire .308 from your AR, so by your silly definition it's now a hunting rifle.

The AK47 is a select fire military firearm and only a very tiny limited number of guns that have been grandfathered in can be legally purchased. They generally sell for around $20,000 and require large amounts of time and paperwork. People do not hunt with them. People do not commit crimes with them. They are collectors items for rich people.

What civilians have are semi-automatic rifles that fire a 7.62 or a variety of alternate calibers. Again, weaker compared to traditional hunting calibers. And dramatically less accurate.

So with your new education, could you please explain to me how using a weaker, less accurate firearm is considered "overkill"

It's upsetting to continually see so many people who know so little about firearms going around acting like they are part of a reasoned debate. They aren't. They are just exposing their ignorance for all the world, without even realizing it.

Everyone can keep s-ing bernie's D and try to gloss over his contempt for the rights of Americans, which one of you gets to clean up afterward?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

There are 2 reasons I prefer my semi auto ak-74 over my semi auto Remington 30 ott 6.

First the 223 does not destroy nearly as much meat as 30 ott 6 does.

Second my ott 6 is a family heirloom, and is no longer being manufactured.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I love how people can obsess over a single issue to the point where they'd pick a clearly worse candidate because of it. Even if the candidate who disagrees with them on this one pet issue is in line with them in all other ways, or is clearly more legitimate or less a liar than the one who holds up a sign saying I support your pet issue, while laughing his ass off you one issue morons were duped again.

Just sick of hearing "Bernie no like ma guns"

If that's all you got, then go home. It's only one issue, and anyone who cares about one issue above all else period is a joke.

What makes me laugh too.

American fixate so closely on there guns they dont notice every other right and there way off life being stripped around them.

Its almost like politicians use the gun issue on purpose, make them mad and distract them while they siphon off some more wealth and rights.

Honnestly I can see them all in FEMA camps......clutching there guns still and thinking they are free.
edit on 31-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

CLEARLY you've never been hog hunting ON FOOT in Texas.
edit on 31-7-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: James1982

There are 2 reasons I prefer my semi auto ak-74 over my semi auto Remington 30 ott 6.

First the 223 does not destroy nearly as much meat as 30 ott 6 does.

Second my ott 6 is a family heirloom, and is no longer being manufactured.

.223 is a very reasonable choice for plenty of hunting situations, I just found it ridiculous that someone would call it overkill for reasons I'm sure you're aware of

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Now is that just because you may need to get more then one shot off in quick succession?

From the quick search I found it seems like it just people wanting to use their new toys as the reason to bring the AR-15 and others like it.

But lever actions and bolt actions still are tried and true.
www.outdoorlife.com...
www.gunsandammo.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
People in southern states prefer semiautomatic rifles with high capacity magazines to shoot feral hogs. The opportunity to shoot repeatedly at multiple hogs make that type of weapon a necessity when the goal is to eradicate a destructive and invasive species that travels in large groups.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Sure, and lever action does the same thing.

Hunting with AR's is not a necessity, it is a preference.
Which is fine, but lets just call a spade a spade.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Sure, and lever action does the same thing.

Hunting with AR's is not a necessity, it is a preference.
Which is fine, but lets just call a spade a spade.

Not too many lever actions can fire thirty rounds without reloading..... or be reloaded as quickly as an AK or AR.
edit on b000000312015-07-31T18:07:16-05:0006America/ChicagoFri, 31 Jul 2015 18:07:16 -0500600000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
One more reason that your two party system needs an enema.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Again true.

Is that a situation one runs into a lot while hog hunting?

The necessity to fire off 30 rounds with no reload?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Probably one of the few things on which I disagree with Bernie. But having said that, I absolutely will not vote for any of the Republican candidates... so that leaves me with 2 choices

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I just wanted to add a shower thought I had this morning.

I do see the purpose of the second, and when it comes to being able to stand up to a tyrannical gov with I am pro second.

Which has to lead to the conclusion that you will need firearms that are capable of killing someone.

It is a sad reality for me, one which I hope to never see.
Not because I want a tyrannical gov, but because I would hate to see a civil war.

So I agree with bernie on better background checks and closing any loopholes there may be to for people that shouldn't have guns to get them.

But would be against banning the rifles out right.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

A star on that post.

I hate to talk about hunting in relation to the Second Amendment, because the two aren't related.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join