It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glitch In The Matrix

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth
I'm 59, happens daily.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Whoa, finally an opportunity to share my stories! I love the stories where the items come back. It makes me hopeful that something looks out for us, instead of other creepy alternatives.

Now, admittedly, I do go through times of "domestic blindness" just like anyone else as well, but these two situation don't seem to fit and have made me extremely curious for a long time about what I used to describe as "reality lapses", but I like the "Matrix glitch" term better.

The mild one, for which I have no witnesses, happened when I was still in high school. I used to go snowboarding with a school group, and one day after snowboarding for hours, I decided to go to the lodge/cafeteria and just relax on my own. It was always really hard to find a clear table there, and so I was really happy to find one that not only no one was occupying, but was also clean! There was nothing on that table, not even a crumb. It was also close to the windows, away from the traffic of other skiers and boarders. The tables were pretty wide, too, so I can't imagine someone reaching me from one side of the table without stumbling over chairs or making themselves known, as my back was to the window. At any rate, sit myself down, put my helmet beside me, put my goggles in front of me, and put my head down on my arms. I relax for maybe 3 minutes, casually scrolling through my phone without lifting my head. When I lift my head, I think maybe I want to go get a snack, so I reach to gather up my stuff, but the goggles in front of me weren't mine! I tried to consider how on earth I ever managed to get someone else's goggles, wondering if maybe I'd had them the whole time or swapped them at school, etc., and at first it seemed possible, but it was weirder than that, because when I stood up, my own goggles fell from my lap. I have no idea how there ended up being two pairs of goggles. I have no idea how mine were ever in my lap when I took them directly from my head and placed them on the table. But, there you go.

And the other is a churchwide mystery states away from me now. This one was weirder because it happened to so many people, so whereas I really might have just done something extraordinarily dumb and forgotten some sort of seemingly obvious action in the first story which I simply can't recover in my memory, this one my sister and father still hold to this day, and I'm sure other members of that church might still remember, too. In 2009, a pastor was scheduled to leave our church. I knew because my dad was part of the board, but it wasn't disclosed information yet. Further, some sort of vote had to be taken to determine who would substitute as the Senior Pastor in his place before securing someone to hold the position permanently. Sunday rolled around, and in my experience, my father's, and sister's, as well as some others who were very confused the next week, the Assistant Pastor disclosed the information that the pastor would be leaving and who the new one would be. But the following Sunday, we had the same announcement! At first I, like my sister and apparently some others, thought maybe it was simply being repeated for the sake of church members who hadn't attended the previous Sunday. But what shocked us was that the vote hadn't been held determining the substitute pastor until Monday, meaning that the first Sunday where we had "heard the announcement", there would have been nothing to announce regarding the vote because it wouldn't even be held until the following day. It was a pretty huge deja vu moment at least. That, or it really did occur and the Assistant Pastor had rigged the vote and somehow managed to pass it off onto everyone that we'd experienced a weird deja vu experience! But my father, being on the board and even having experienced the sense of repetition with us, had to concede that the vote had occurred on that Monday, because he had participated. He also said it was very strange that DURING the vote, it was like he didn't even recall that the announcement had happened the day before. Also, it's something to note that my mother didn't experience it, and recalled a church service in which there had been no announcement AT ALL prior to the sermon... That's a very notable difference! There might be an explanation, or maybe not, but the mystery has never ceased to amaze me.

Also, it should be noted that none of us smoke weed, either. Haha

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Most people just keep telling them self's that it did not happen. That they made a mistake. They have no way to cope with the truth. I wish I new what the truth was.

It's like we are in a film and they make stupid mistakes when they set up the next scene.
Like a actor has a cut on his face on the left then the right.

You get stories about cars or people that they look away and when they look back they are gone!

Science says the cat in the box is dead and alive at the same time. It's not till you look that it is one or the other.

I think reality is more unstable than we think.
If you could control this it would be called Magic...

edit on 1-8-2015 by buddha because: I did not!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This happened to me a couple years ago with my glasses. Couldn't find them, and no I wasn't blind- I had contacts in...was just looking for my glasses. Anyway, I searched everywhere in my tiny apartment, unusual impossible spots that they couldn't even be. Under my mattress, in drawers I never used, I even took all of the clothes out from my laundry basket out piece by piece. Twice. One sock at a time. Nothing.

Then, once I give up and I'm all pissed I'll have to buy another pair, a little weirded out even- I find them in my room just delicately perched atop the clothes pile in the basket. Exactly as if someone had placed them there. I wasn't home alone at the time, but my roommate was glued to the couch in her bedroom and never left the entire time.

It was the weirdest thing. I tore that basket apart twice very thoroughly and put it all back in there. Then, on TOP, there they are.

Wtf?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
One word...
Borrowers!

Short Story about The Borrowers - MINIWORLD

Big G

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
No need for "glitches in the Matrix," an idea which does not explain anything unless you believe we all live in a simulated reality, a suggestion that is supported by no evidence and which remains just a feature of a science fiction film.

A far simpler explanation: it was just a playful spirit (poltergeist). Read a few volumes of research from journals of parapsychology. Such phenomena where an object materializes (apports) have been reported in the parapsychological literature for over a century. The problem with so many people today is that they are so dumbed down intellectually by popular culture, its presuppositions and fashions of thinking that they have no understanding of the paranormal when it confronts them. You may argue that invoking spirits does not amount to a satisfactory explanation, either. Point well taken. But the evidence pointing in that direction as the reason for mysterious disappearances and appearances is far more considerable than science fiction conceits like "litches in the Matrix", even though it may not be in vogue because it presupposes acceptance of the supernatural, whereas the former amounts to sweeping unsettling experiences under a carpet of non-explanation that makes no religious demands.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
So...we either live in the Matrix...or....people misplace things.

It's a tough decision.

Fantasy or Reality....hmmmmmmmmmmm.....I hate it when I'm pressured to choose....

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
So...we either live in the Matrix...or....people misplace things.

It's a tough decision.

Fantasy or Reality....hmmmmmmmmmmm.....I hate it when I'm pressured to choose....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

What you're calling fantasy, IS THE REALITY!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth
Story could've been somewhat believable until you added the "I saw some weird particles" part. People have a tendency to take their bs like this just 1-2 steps overboard. Anyway, here's your attention that you wanted my friend.

edit on 2-8-2015 by Argus100 because: Typo

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Actually, there's a great deal of evidence that the simulation theory is legit. A quick google search will provide you the details. Pixelation, quantum non locality, observer effect on wave function collapsation, etc.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Illumina233
Wow I marvel at the militancy of discredit whenever true encounters are broached
but the tame response to inconsequential theoretical hypotheses
The lions feast whenever real information circulates but they dissemble themselves as skeptics rather than true poachers of top secret lore even though they most likely are

You know man i was literally about to almost type this exact thing word for word? Glad the poaching of top secret lore is having the same effect on someone else out there!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
I was thinking something similar. My family calls them nunnuppees (sic?). My wife knows them as Coocooees (sic?). In essence just spiteful little creatures that take delight in hiding stuff from you. My family calls it glamouring. They're faeries. I like the matrix theory, but it is definitely not a glitch. Too purposeful. The reasoning behind this is the real mystery.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It's really interesting to consider, anyway. In fact, ESPECIALLY if it's a matter of our minds and not something external. At least in my church-related experience, what could possibly influence the perceived experience of a small group of people to the degree it did? And as for items materializing where it seems otherwise impossible, and in a way that presumably thousands of people experience commonly, it's strange to consider what would happen in our brains to make us overlook objects to the degree we have or, even more strangely, maybe even experience temporary amnesia regarding replacing an object ourselves. If we can't trust our own experience, that's far more startling and scary than the idea that maybe reality is just less rigid than we think, because if we can't trust ourselves, how can we even begin to trust what we hear of the experiences of others? Then even the most honest people could just suddenly be untrustworthy because their experience is compromised. I think that's too much for me.

I think paranormal activity is a likely reason. Just ghosts/spirits/entities playing small harmless tricks. And I think reality lapses/"Matrix glitches" seem really complicated and therefore more uncommon, but maybe not impossible. I just don't think anything's impossible. But for the former option, I wonder what the goal for those beings are- are they checking out our stuff for a reason? just being silly? -and for "glitches" in our experience... I assume the questions regarding that would be literally endless.

Really enjoying everyone's thoughts and stories.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackmoonJester

I'm going to be blaming my selective-blindness-moments and real inexplicable apportations on the nunnuppees now. That's just adorable.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'll do you one better. About a year ago I wear silver earrings that I love. But one was kind of broken (the thing that you put on the sticky thing didn't fit). I was walking near my place when I noticed that indeed I had lost that one. I removed the other one and put in in the left pocket ofmy pants.

When I was at home, I didn't find the one earring but...the other also....

I just said: THANK YOU!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think we just get frustrated when trying to find ultimately-frivolous material objects, and we become "Blind" to them and unable to see said particular item even while looking frantically/carefully.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I too have had events happen where stuff has vanished and then later, sometimes weeks or more later, reappeared.
For example once my wife had a ring that she had placed on the nightstand in its container. I saw her put it in the case and then she went to the bathroom to get ready for a dinner engagement we had been invited to.
We were out of the bedroom for only 15 minutes and when we went back in the ring was missing.
No one else was in the house and it stayed gone for 2 weeks.
My wife and I were getting ready for bed and the container which had been closed was open and the ring was back just like it hadn't been gone. My wife thought I was playing a joke on her at first.
Personally I am of the opinion that some being(s) were having fun with us but a glitch in the matrix might be valid as well.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argus100
a reply to: micpsi

Actually, there's a great deal of evidence that the simulation theory is legit. A quick google search will provide you the details. Pixelation, quantum non locality, observer effect on wave function collapsation, etc.

Now just listening to VR being the last platform: www.youtube.com...
Of course that would be VR made by us in the VR universe.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
While many cases of lost then found items are probably due to some cognitive effect, cases which involve multiple people and span considerable time abound. Almost everyone has experienced these events in my experience.

For example, I walked into the kitchen to get something one day and noticed that the dogs water bowl, a very large earthenware one, was filled completely to the brim and I wondered why. Walking back out of the kitchen five seconds later the same bowl was on its side completely dry and in my path. On another occasion I retrieved a heavy box from the garage and was told wrong box just after I had closed the door. I turned the handle again to take the box back to find the door locked, even though the key wasn't even in the door. This was witnessed by multiple people and gave us all a bit of a fright.

Traditionally these sort of events were put down to spirits etc whereas I put these and all similar phenomena from ghosts to alien encouters into the 'high strangeness' category which has been well documented by Hynek and Vallee amongst others. There are threads on here which discuss this. The best explanations for me are simulation glitches or playfulness of the entity running the simulation...

edit on 3/8/2015 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yeah the remotes... always at the place you look at last... and the third or fourth time checking that place.

I had a really scary "event" I would call. It really sent cold shivers down my spine and the rest of the day I was trying to figure out how this could be possible or if I´m getting demented.

It was about 30 years ago, saturday afternoon, sunny day. Everybody was wearing those neon nylon wind blocker throusers and jackets. I know because my mother used to get the newest "trends" from america/canada in form of linen/sewable sheets because her uncle was tailor (they lived in saskatchewan, saskatoon). Still remember the ninja turtles shirts and throusers my mom sewed for the younger brother. Years before Ninja Turtles was known in Germany. He actually was rediculed by some kids just to be to coolest one when NinjaTurtles went On-Air in Germany.

Sorry for the drift but it helps remembering. Still remember everything nearly perfect as it puzzles me until today. Back then, I recently bought the small house next to my fathers parents house, in wich I lived to assist them a little bit here and there (gardenwork, sometimes driving to doctors or the local market) and because I wanted to get out of my parents house. After they died, my father wanted me and my spouse to move out because he felt like "I could not handle the house and garden". To proofe him false, we bought the house nearby and moved in, silently.

So at that saturday, relationships were not fixed back then, I woke up in my bedroom upstairs from a little nap, hearing my fathers dog barking. Unnerved I went down to the kitchen to grab a can of coke. That was my thing back then, canned coke. Always had some cans around and with a fixed place in the fridge. So I grap a can from the fridge, noticing 3 more cans left. I wondered about the high count but shrugged it off. I decided to take a smoke and walked towards my workshop that was connected to the house via a conservatory (winter garden) complemented by dog barking. I was about two steps from the door to the workshop, when suddenly the belgian shepherd of my father bolted around the corner and speeded along the windows. I was scared stiff instantly and the coke can fell down, still closed and broke open at one side, leaving a mess everywhere.

This is the part where I am not sure and was not back then if I was sleeping or awake but following logic, I must have been asleep before...:

I woke up in my bed due to dog barking. Went down to the fridge to grap a can of coke. At this point, dejavu struck me right before opening the fridge door as I partly remembered my dream. For a split second I was unsure if I had only one can or four in the fridge (3 left after taking one). Really could not tell. Was dissapointed to find only one can left in the fridge. Took it and decided to take a smoke like in the dream. And of course because I wanted to take a smoke (;-)).
So while I was walking through the winter garden, I heard the dog barking again. Dejavu hit again and now I remembered what "would happen in my dream" a second into the future. I also noticed that I had already opened the can while looking down on it and then the dog passed the windows in the corner of my sights (left) but this time the coke was safe. In my dream, I was looking straight out the window while stretching my hand towards the door handle, so that the dog would appear in the lower right corner.

I told this some friends and one came up with the explanation that I first went to smoke with the one-can fridge and because I was disappointed I dreamed this up, loosing one can but having 3 left. Somehow into this direction.

Paradox: I did not go to sleep after I drank the coke.
Paradox: If so, how did I knew that the coke would be on the floor a split second before?
Paradox: The first coke did not land on the floor because I drank it and it was the last one. But it would have to if the above theory would be correct.

No drugs or alcohol involved that day or the day before. The reason I was sleeping, I had a bad headache coming up. Can not remember if there was a headache after waking up but I feels like I had not.

Still wondering about this day. Years later I saw "The Matrix" in the cinema and I remember that damn cat walking twice and the dejavu explanation and everything flashed up again. I thought this must be a joke. Of course, everyone I told this came up with "you saw that in matrix" while my answer was, "Mhm, about ten years before it came out." "There´s always a book to the movie and I know you like books" Never went to look if there is really a book "The matrix", I must admit. But why, I know I did not read it. Also, I am not a vivid/lucid dreamer. But if the first situation was a dream, I would say this is what others call vivid dreams.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join