It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glitch In The Matrix

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's simple and odd little things that most brush off with a shrug...

I have no idea what happened last Saturday other than a glitch in the Matrix, here's the story:
It was a regular Saturday afternoon, a friend and me made lunch and I said let's watch TV while we eat. (everyone else was outback in the pool swimming) I walked over to the living-room and was looking for the remote which is good size and white, you can't miss it, especially since the sofa and coffee table are dark colors. My friend then came over sat his cell phone down on the table and was looking all around for the remote. We both gave up and sat down. I moved a pillow off the coffee table and put my plate down and he was getting situated on the sofa, we took our eyes off the coffee table at the exact same time for a split second, he went to sit his plate down and was reaching for his cell phone AND there it was, the remote placed upside down on the coffee table right next to his cell phone, so close it was almost touching. He picked it up in disbelief and looked at me, and asked "where did that come from?" He went on to say I'm glad we have each other for witnesses because no one would believe this and I agreed!
It literally just appeared out of no where. It gave us the creeps! I know he didn't place it there because I could see him the entire time, I also seen him sit his cell phone on the table and the remote was not there. The sofa is new so it had a blanket over it with no where for the remote to slip down into plus I had already looked where he had sat the remote was not there!
Not sure if this is worth noting but after he picked up the remote I noticed some weird particles on the table in the shape of the remote.

The house has a open floor plan so you can see to every room. The sofa is L shaped and the coffee table sits right in front of both sections. It's impossible for someone to come by and place it there without anyone seeing.

edit on 31-7-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

You smoke too much.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I've done the same thing with keys, my mobile phone and other bits and pieces. The Matrix theory is an intersting one I'll admit that.
When I'm in a rush to get to the doctors, or picking someone up from work, I always gets stuck in traffic behind a bin lorry, slow bus or an old person with no sense of road speed.
Are these things put in my way on purpose for some reason?

I've seen loads of examples recently of the matrix theory.

Cool story, it would have freaked me out as well.
edit on Fri, 31 Jul 2015 13:01:22 -0500011572015000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It took time for the Matrix to load up the remote program thats all

Looks like the old system needs a good defragment.

edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You talk too much! please desist in this endeavor..a reply to: greencmp

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Perhaps.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It seems to happen a lot in my house with objects such as keys, mobile phones, remote controls and money.

These objects cannot be traced anywhere in the house and found in some spot where I had checked previously. Mrs Cobaltic puts it down to me being a man, but when it happens to her, well you can guess the rest.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
In the Movie, a glitch was the visual world altering for a second as programing was overwritten. This caused the Deja vu , right, seeing two cats that were the same cat?

In the real world a glitch is when they lie to us and we find that out. Theres a slip in the programming of our minds to believe something that isn't true.

Like WMD in the desert for instance. Turns out there was none… see?

Like Iran's nuclear weapons program, turns out there isn't one… see?

Thats the glitch, a glitch in their "programming" of our minds.

Misplacing the remote isn't a glitch in the Matrix. Unless of course, you were looking right at the remote when it disappeared and another appeared in its place.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Hold up one minute Staroth!

I think you may have just enlightened Us upon a very real way of detecting these glitches and one we can all relate to!

Had to chime in here! You've just taken me back ten years to when I lost a remote,something me and a friend couldn't figure. Similar scenario to yours,except at one point I recall lifting up the three piece sofa,tilted if you like.Obviously to check underneath..well after putting it down and further looking in the room we turned to find it sitting neatly on the arm lol, we agreed this was impossible, as it would have fallen if it were actually there whilst lifting!

I've considered ghosts? But now you have mentioned it I feel that this theory resonates!

Good call that Man/Lady!

:0)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
he he well the first step is admitting it..

a reply to: greencmp

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

My friend then came over sat his cell phone down on the table

I moved a pillow off the coffee table

It was under the pillow.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You know too much. Our agents will be along shortly to "interrogate" you.

Don't worry. We already know where you are.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Constant occurrence in my life, so much so that one time I was with a group of friends when something similar happened. Everyone thought WTF after the missing object "appeared". I've tried to contemplate what happens to said missing object. My only fringe ideas are that a mental cloak was created by accident, obscuring object in question. Or maybe string theory is viable and it slipped into another dimension. My paranoid theory is that its the government trying to make you feel crazy. The one I like to favor though, is that time has something to do with it. You could go off into the deep end and speculate time traveling or travelers. A paranormal explanation would be ghost. I've never googled the occurrence but I'm sure you'd find something on the matter.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think this is down to can't seeing the wood for all those trees in the way.

A lady who I was in a meeting with needed her stapler, saying over and over how people kept pinching it off her desk, she then accused her colleague sat next to her of stealing it, then proceeded to rummage around his drawers when she didn't beleive him.

I politley pointed out it was on her own desk beside her keyboard. Im sure she thought id lifted it and put it back.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
My friend then came over sat his cell phone down on the table and was looking all around for the remote. We both gave up and sat down. I moved a pillow off the coffee table and put my plate down

The reason he, or you for that matter, didn't see the remote was because the pillow was still on the coffee table when your eyes were looking for the remote. It looks like it was under the pillow the whole time. When you finally sat down and removed the pillow, there it was.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
That is somewhat common, minus witness report of course. Always suspect glitches, or murphy.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I don't smoke, or do drugs and rarely drink except socially or while on Holiday.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

Hold up one minute Staroth!

I think you may have just enlightened Us upon a very real way of detecting these glitches and one we can all relate to!

Had to chime in here! You've just taken me back ten years to when I lost a remote,something me and a friend couldn't figure. Similar scenario to yours,except at one point I recall lifting up the three piece sofa,tilted if you like.Obviously to check underneath..well after putting it down and further looking in the room we turned to find it sitting neatly on the arm lol, we agreed this was impossible, as it would have fallen if it were actually there whilst lifting!

I've considered ghosts? But now you have mentioned it I feel that this theory resonates!

Good call that Man/Lady!

:0)

I'm female and yes we have thought about ghost. This house and subdivision are brand new, it use to be a heavily wooded area so no telling what may be buried around here. Back in March my cell phone was sitting on a side table and we could hear it typing it had opened up the calendar, and typed 3 o'clock under April 8th. We (my daughter and I) watched it and then I picked it up. I wish I had left it alone to see what more it would have wrote. I chalked it up to a glitch in the phone or a hack. It never happened again. Although I only had that phone for a short time while waiting for my iPhone to arrive via mail. Another time this girl was being dropped off there and we weren't at home, she swears she seen a man upstairs looking out the window, her boyfriend said he seen the curtains move when she yelled "look", so he went in and search the whole house and found nothing. She said she will never stay there alone again! AND a little girl 4 years old said she didn't want to come over and swim at our house anymore because a demon lived there. She said she seen him on the stairs. I was speechless.
edit on 31-7-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

The reason he, or you for that matter, didn't see the remote was because the pillow was still on the coffee table when your eyes were looking for the remote. It looks like it was under the pillow the whole time. When you finally sat down and removed the pillow, there it was.

The coffee table is a very large rectangle shape, the small pillow (for a doll) was at my end, the remote was found at the other end.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

I don't smoke, or do drugs and rarely drink except socially or while on Holiday.

No worries, I really was just being droll.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join