It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up, Raptors on you're 6...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
The perfect person is not the person who leads, but the person who follows.

Shattered OUT...

Exsactly!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword20068
Computers I doubt will replace human intelligence anytime soon. Computers are good at COMPUTING; actual REASONING is a bit different.

And no machine will ever be entrusted no matter if it has emotions or not; Isaac Asimov made that point very clear in his books and the movie, "I Robot," they made, based off of the same book, makes the same point. Who's to know that a computer may not reason that taking over humanity is better for humanity's own good??

Computers will NEVER outdo the human brain's potential. Remember, we humans currently only use like 10% of our brain's potential at most.

Asimov laws were written for fictional robots with "positronic brains" I-robot and any other work portraying A.I as evil is fiction Terminator,Bladerunner ect.... I cant count the number of times someone brings up evil Skynet when talking about future A.I *SIGH*

Humans use 100% of their brain the 10% stuff is a myth and not true.faculty.washington.edu...

Robots are evolving a million times faster then humans. We (humans) have pretty much reach the max size for our brains they cant get much bigger and still pass through the birth canal. Robots will not share this limitation or any other ones we have.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join