It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up, Raptors on you're 6...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
F/A-22 Raptor struts it's stuff...

Check the video, leave a comment.

Anti-Raptor comments don't belong in this thread, unless you want to be shot down...

One need do no more then bail out if he is lucky enough to get a RWR signal of an F/A-22 inbound...

[edit on 29-12-2004 by ChrisRT]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I'm very much pro Raptor, I really am. But how do you hope to convince people when the link goes to Fox News, the Al Jazeera of US reporting?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
I'm very much pro Raptor, I really am. But how do you hope to convince people when the link goes to Fox News, the Al Jazeera of US reporting?

Hey, non CG-video footage doesn�t lie... Heck, I myself somewhat doubt it as seeing it is FOX.

"The fighter goes greater then 2000mph"

RAB

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
First off the news lady is cute,

2nd off the FA22 rocks :-)

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The footage is great, that's a fact. But you do tend to look for tricks with the Fox logo there

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Great, great plane, the best dogfighter of today.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Thanks for this video, i've seen video's of the F-22 in action before, but never areobatics, can't wait till there are thunderbirds F-22s!

I'd definitly say this guy is more manauverable than the Su-30, but not by much...

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Can someone post this video please, for some reason I cant load it from the fox news site :/

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Thanks for this video, i've seen video's of the F-22 in action before, but never areobatics, can't wait till there are thunderbirds F-22s!

The F-222 is too big for the Thunderbirds, aerobatics teams like the Thunderbirds/Blueangels like smaller pnales, which is why they dont use the F-15 or the F-14. Both teams will most likely use the F-35 or the Blue Angles will stick with the F/A-18C/D (Super is too big)

Also a reminder that while impressive the mauverability of the F/A-22 is limited by the computerised flight system to limit G stressing, while the Sukhois do not

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Cool video i didnt see that on fox news ever depends on when it was shown heh for all you raptor lovers who want more videos i suggest you check out www.f22fighter.com... once again hot video

[edit on 29-12-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I'd definitly say this guy is more manauverable than the Su-30, but not by much...

I think it�s safe to say that it is slightly more maneuverable then the Flanker... Who woulda thought a 70 thousand pound fighter could turn on a dime a decade ago?

The F-222 is too big for the Thunderbirds, aerobatics teams like the Thunderbirds/Blueangels like smaller pnales, which is why they dont use the F-15 or the F-14. Both teams will most likely use the F-35 or the Blue Angles will stick with the F/A-18C/D (Super is too big)

I don�t thin the size has as much to do with it as the cost... Remember the F-4 Phantoms? Remember the Russian Knights, ect...
In reality they will probably all be using JSFs...
The F/A-18E would be a great Blue Angel as its easier and more versatile in the high alpha range and its size isn�t too much bigger. Its more wing area then anything else.

Also a reminder that while impressive the mauverability of the F/A-22 is limited by the computerised flight system to limit G stressing, while the Sukhois do not

And that wont help the Flanker pilot when his eyes are about to bulge out or when at low alpha it doesn�t matter because one most likely doesn�t have the velocity to pull more then 6G's.
It�s more tail slidin� action then anything else at high alpha.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yeah I never considdered the cost, oops, well the F-35 should be extremely manaunverable anyway so that'd be cool to see as well...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yeah I never considdered the cost, oops, well the F-35 should be extremely manaunverable anyway so that'd be cool to see as well...

Not reall it will barely be as maneuverable as the F-16 and no where near any thrust vectoring fighters, it relies soley on stealth to survive

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Is that so? Thats a surprise as I thought the F-35A and F-35C would have TVC, I based that assumption purely on the fact that the F-35B nozzle rotation mechanism for vertical landing isn't suitable tor TVC and thought that the other versions wouldn't be affected. Just my guess of course so anyone who knows better is welcome to correct me.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259

Not reall it will barely be as maneuverable as the F-16 and no where near any thrust vectoring fighters, it relies soley on stealth to survive

Its to early on in its program for you to judge its agility.

Also, the F-16 is agile, it turns quick and is afforable, thats why its such a popular jet around the world.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Is that so? Thats a surprise as I thought the F-35A and F-35C would have TVC, I based that assumption purely on the fact that the F-35B nozzle rotation mechanism for vertical landing isn't suitable tor TVC and thought that the other versions wouldn't be affected. Just my guess of course so anyone who knows better is welcome to correct me.

The will "probably" be getting it, for the A and C variants. You have to remember the JSF program is still is in its early stages, so anything new could come out for it.

And what exactly do you have against Fox News?

[edit on 30-12-2004 by Hockeyguy567]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hockeyguy567

Waynos will probably answer this as well, but since I spotted it, I shall answer too.

Basically, to anyone outside the US, Fox News is blatantly biased toward the US, and Im not talking about the standard patriotic bias, these guys sometimes take it to the extreme, choosing not to report negative stories at all, and spinning other stories to have a positive angle for the US that is actually either very weak or non existant.

As Waynos said, its the American Al Jazera. Noone really takes Al Jazera at face value, its obvious that they put a lot of bias in, and its the same with Fox News.

A few links for you:

Source 1
Source 2

Do not take this post to be a negative post toward Americans, that is not the intention.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice

Originally posted by Hockeyguy567

Waynos will probably answer this as well, but since I spotted it, I shall answer too.

Basically, to anyone outside the US, Fox News is blatantly biased toward the US, and Im not talking about the standard patriotic bias, these guys sometimes take it to the extreme, choosing not to report negative stories at all, and spinning other stories to have a positive angle for the US that is actually either very weak or non existant.

As Waynos said, its the American Al Jazera. Noone really takes Al Jazera at face value, its obvious that they put a lot of bias in, and its the same with Fox News.

A few links for you:

Source 1
Source 2

Do not take this post to be a negative post toward Americans, that is not the intention.

Well, maybe you can't handle the truth then? Look i don't wanna start a flame war, but I view CNN and MSNBC as very anti-American, besides, most Americans watch Fox news anyways, it kills CNN and MSNBC with ratings all the time.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Pfft... the F-22 is like the very best wooden ship the navy had at the moment the USS Monitor slipped out of drydock... it's the best example of an obsolete weapon.

Now... does anyone think that an F-22 can beat the finished version of one of these babies?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
onlyinmydreams the Raptor would eat those for lunch because those are just air to ground bombers no air to air weapons. Now maybe UAVs in 20 years might be something to fear in air to air combat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join