It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You hate religion, I get it...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
In fact, I wasn't expecting this much of a response to my rant, but I have read each and every reply and took on board everyone's thoughts on the matter so thank you all, please continue as well if you wish to do so I will continue to listen.

I respect everyone's opinion and while I would love to respond to everyone here, it can certainly drag on
but it is good to capture everyone's point of view here on the topic, and share perspectives.

When I first joined ATS no way was I interested in the religion forums (despite being religious), I came here for good ol' conspiracies. I only stumbled across the religion forums when I began to see true misconceptions being stated in thread titles. My intention from thereon was to enter the religious forums on the strict basis to correct many misconceptions according to my particular belief system. I was merely responding to all the topics I saw as misinformation, I didn't originally stroll into that section of ATS to begin preaching or to convert anyone, merely standing up for my own beliefs.

I do not intend to preach at all, as in proselytism, because I know I wont be able to convert anyone even if I tried, and even then it would consume much time in back and forth's, instead I chose to correct incorrect information regarding my faith, and to assert what I believe are true statements according to the scriptures I believe in.

So no, my intention is not to convert, merely to respond to those that want to know more about a particular faith, and to correct some misconceptions that is all.

My rant here was only to those that intentionally troll the religion forums with the intention of attacking, slandering and just wasting peoples time, these members do exist. If you want to criticize for the reason of beneficial discourse then fine? What's the problem there? My religion teaches me to question things, and to gain knowledge. But from the tone of some members, they do not come across as being sincere at all in a mutual exchange of information, and civil discourse.

How do you implement free speech? Is it necessary to use it to slander and smear someones belief? Or is it more beneficial to have a civil discourse on the topic that is causing confusion? By all means ask away, question, disagree with me, but then you can move on and I can move on and we can learn to co-exist.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

I can give you more information where you can conclude for yourself. It is how I learned it aswell,
I do recommend Mark Passio's work since he exposes the cults.

edit on th2015000000Tuesdayth000000Tue, 04 Aug 2015 08:02:39 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoTue, 04 Aug 2015 08:02:39 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Thanks, I'll take a spin through if I get the chance. Few questions - If religions are a cult as you say, and you believe them to be systems of control, who benefits from them? Or who put these systems in place, and for what reason?

Who is the person or group of persons that sit at the top of this control system? And where are they now.
edit on 4-8-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This thread has defiantly brought out the Christians with the persecution complexes. ATS is chock full of them these days. Can't stand to have thier grip of society loosened. The problem is they think thier beleifs should be beyond reproach. Beleifs are just ideas and all ideas deserve to be ridiculed if they are not grounded in reality or logic.

Telling christians to stop hating on others, stop pushing thier beleifs on others or in law and to stop expecting special treatment is NOT bashing them at all. It's expecting them to grow up and play nicely with others for once. We have had centuries of oppressive christians running things. You just don't like the fact you no longer rule the roost.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Megatronus
This thread has defiantly brought out the Christians with the persecution complexes. ATS is chock full of them these days. Can't stand to have thier grip of society loosened. The problem is they think thier beleifs should be beyond reproach. Beleifs are just ideas and all ideas deserve to be ridiculed if they are not grounded in reality or logic.

Telling christians to stop hating on others, stop pushing thier beleifs on others or in law and to stop expecting special treatment is NOT bashing them at all. It's expecting them to grow up and play nicely with others for once. We have had centuries of oppressive christians running things. You just don't like the fact you no longer rule the roost.

You're talking as if religious followers have any control over how their religion is controlled and what it may have done in the past.

"WE" have had centuries of oppression? "You" no longer rule the roost? ... Really?

We're all people who are alive today. We're all used to living in a Godless world where religion is no longer the power house it once was. What religion has or hasn't done in the past is not the fault of it's current followers.

Don't tell people to "grow up" due to religion because that leads to threads like this

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Kick ass.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join