It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You hate religion, I get it...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Some of us do not see the two theories as mutually exclusive.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
Thank you for the information. I have been corrected and now understand how the thread can involve both subjects. My error.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide
Understood and accepted, especially as I have received information regarding how the forum was originally set up to be an open area to discuss that topic.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Guten Morgen- "Religion™ is like a penis.. It is okay to have One and be proud of it, but by all means don't take it out in public and certainly DON"T force it down My child's throat..." •copied from ATS™

This was also copied from ATS™. If You know who submitted it please come forth:

It's disguised as "worship".. but its truely WAR SHIP.

Yes get that initial giggle out and continue reading my words. As worshipping is the largest reason for wars.

Those men who build languages for MASSES to think in, are very versed in the metaphysical natures.

When you pray to something that you do not know is truely there, you join the war ship. You worship something you don't know of, and can't see. You divide yourself from, yourself and everyone around you.

Well in this language we call that blind faith. Now when you have many factions worshiping, just different names, now there is division, the opposite of being WHOLE.

Now you entered the war ship; you clash with those who pray to the same concept under different names (gods have no identity, just bogus names man made up). This is inferior mentality.

Even though they are all human, all came from the SAME SOURCE, all are 5-based beings (think pentagram geometry).

One becomes concrete in what they worship, they judge, and demonize those not praying to the same name. .

Now you have War/division.

ISIS is defending its concepts, because the ONLY power those who join the war ship have, is physical chaos to those who oppose. Internally, these people are weak, and are not worthy to ascend to their internal potentials.

Stop worshipping, start accepting all ,no matter the name they worship, and if your truth needs to be PUSHED, then how true is it really?

Truth needs no book, no doctrine, no dogma, no hierarchy, no god. Truth stands on its own, the rest is pushing to compete with truth, which is falsehood.

Please review your suggestion that religion is the cause of all wars.

Were the First or Second World Wars religious? The Mongol Conquests? The Three Kingdoms War? The An Lushan Rebellion? The Chinese Civil War? Russian Civil War? The Napoleonic Wars? The Great African War? Goguryeo–Sui War? Shaka Zulu's conquests? The Korean War? The Iran Iraq War? The Japanese Invasions of Korea? The Nigerian Civil War? The Soviet War in Afghanistan? The Punic Wars? The American Civil War? The Russia-Georgia War? The Indonesia-Malyasia Confrontation? The Spanish Civil War? The Bosnian War? The Boxer Rebellion? The Boer War? The Battle of Thermopalae? The Battle of Carchimech? The Vietnam War? ...

I could go on for ages, there are lots (thousands?) of wars and very few of them had any religious component.

Wars are about power and ownership of resources.

To claim that religion is the cause of all wars is factually wrong.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
If you hate religion why can't you just be civil and leave it be? Is it because religion disgusts you so much that you want to sway believers away from it by trying to disprove pretty much any religious text you can find? If it doesn't make sense to you or sit well with you that's fine, leave it at that and engage elsewhere..

Does it give you secret pleasure to troll the religious forums? Yeah it's free, open and public, you can post wherever you want on ATS, and if your posting within T&C boundaries that's ok... but is it necessary? You hate religion and you want to wind up it's followers.

You post sarky and snide comments, and mock the beliefs of others just for the sake of eliciting an emotional response just so T&C can kick in and the believer get's a warning... and you feel as if you have the upper hand in the exchange...

Yeah obviously a believer is going to get upset, their belief and ideology is being mocked? And their sincere viewpoints are being shunned and rag dolled across the forum.

If you have nothing good to say, or have no sincere intention to exchange knowledge in the religion forums or even to learn more why can't you just let the religious be?

It's dead easy to have civil discourse with religion, you simply exchange thoughts, and to each their own, it happens everyday. Some people genuinely come to ATS to spread faith, and spirituality and to exchange their religious viewpoints, instead some members see it as an opportunity to mock, taunt, discriminate, such posters all the while throwing snide ,sarky remarks left, right and center.

I will concede here right now in public that I am an emotional person, and can be over sensitive sometimes - grow thicker skin you say? Well it's hard being in the vast minority here on ATS where I feel pretty much surrounded by wolves wanting to tear apart everything I post.

I am not defending any religious posters that have set themselves up by attempting to impose their religious views on the non-religious, or to those posters that have tried to demonize others for not believing... but be fair guys, be civil, enough trolling... some religious posters just want to spread our message just like your spread yours..

I just don't know if ATS feels safe for me to post my views anymore, at least not on the topics that matter most to me...

This is my first ever rant, I appreciate why this section exists now. I feel bit a better

I dont outwardly condemn religion, but in general, religions are very divisive. Also, religion has caused the genocide of hundreds of millions.

I go to church occasionally for the community experience. Im a spiratual person, wholesaling, maining it to God. I dont think we need a go between to speak to God for us.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Well if it wasn't for religion over the course of human civilization causing more death, destruction, and torment than anything in our history save for natural death, there wouldn't be an issue here. Alas, the case is clear and there is nothing anyone or any religious group can do to rectify that, ever. The saddest part is that it continues to this day..

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
If you hate religion why can't you just be civil and leave it be?

Hate is probably the wrong word, many people have disdain for it, because of the over-whelming and blinding hypocrisy that emerge from all of them.

Religious dogmas are hypocritical, judgmental, and many times use one passage to try to prove another passage, in their religious text.

They are also many times fear based, and if fear doesn't work they will use fear and shame to manipulate. Love appears to be elusive with many religions unless you make healthy financial donations.

edit on 2-8-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It is went you wake up and find out the guy on the pulpit has been telling you lies, you get the disdain for religion. when you are an adult you think other religions are stupid liked a guy flying on a winged horse between two cities but some how your belief in a virgin birth and that baby walks on water and does other miracles is more believable.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It is simple

Because Religion is a disservice to humanity and the greatest threat to the future of our species.

Period !

Think of it as "tough love" OP

My concious wont allow me to sit by and sugar coat the truth and allow these cults , and that is what religion really is ... And let oprotunists brainwash my peers my friends my family in to being zombies. Not on my watch, someone has to step up sometimes and be the adult eventually and explain to the children there is no Santa no Easter Bunny no Boogie Man hiding in the closet. Time to grow up and let go of these fables from the middle ages. For there is no man watching everything you do judging you causing you to walk on egg shells. For logic is the antidote to religion. The fringe is being met with resistance due to the singularity of the internet.

Heaven forbid organized religion gets trumped by organized free thinking

WWJD

Complain on the internet ?

I always chuckle when the religious fringe imply that athiesm is a belief
, you cant offend my lack of belief.
edit on 2-8-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 2-8-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Normal people hate things they don't understand. Personally, I despise geometry. Crazy people have to justify their beliefs (yes anti-theists, they are just your beliefs).

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

Riiiiiight, teaching not to murder, lie, cheat, steal, or covet. That's the biggest threat to the future of the human race.

I can't help but feed the trolls.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Hecate666

YOU START, we retaliate. Simple as that. Try and shut up about anything religious and you'll be amazed how life will go on and nobody would even speak about it.

Or you do the intelligent thing and don't click on the thread.

Or you read what I wrote and note that I talked about religious people annoying me in 'real life'' and not online. How can I 'not click' a bloke who walks up on me??? Talk about intelligence...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You know, people who hate religion most likely don't express it in public very much. Behind the masks of the computer people can express their feelings without being judged in the real world or risk cutting ties with family members.

It really is just that simple.

Your plea for peace and settlement will go unabated.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

no that is great...but the problem some don't see is that wo issues spring up

1. I don't need a book to tell me not to murder, lie, cheat, etc

2. The old tired argument of "you can't have morality without god" keeps coming up

I know this will come out as insulting...but it seems so sad to me because the argument basically says that a christian cannot be moral without a book telling them to be...that's so...sad

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

1. Its not a mock when they are wrong
2. There is a truth out there, and what people believe may not be the truth. I will always call out a lie because it is wrong.
3. To believe in God, you don't need a religion.
4. to call people who criticize religion as "trolls" is a misconception. How do you know that I am trolling and not speaking the truth? How do you know that people's truths are not lies? What if someone does research enough to know the whole thing is a sham? And what if, a real christian, didn't follow the christian religion, but yet applied the moral teachings of Jesus instead?

And finally

5. Do you know the definition of religion?

From wiki

re·li·gion rəˈlijən/ noun noun: religion
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Let's compare with the word Cult

cult kəlt/ noun noun: cult; plural noun: cults
a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.

I see no difference between the two, they are essentially one and the same. But let us look deeper at it's origins, which is in latin, religare.

Latin religare - which means 'to tie, to fasten, to bind'

Which literally means to enslave.

I don't believe in cults, there is a difference when you actually know what it really is. Does it deserve to be mocked? Of course it does. However, i prefer the truth over mockings.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Just to balance things out, the difference between religion and a cult is its size. A cult is smaller and usually comes first before accepted as a world-class religion.

Also very interesting to see that Latin translation.. Very thought provoking.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Well I just found religion.

All Hail Prince Phillip the true spirit of the mountain spirit.
One day he will return oh yes he will return....
My religion is the true religion all the others are rubbish!!.

edit on 4-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Fair enough, I understood the word religion to mean type of faith, as in your way of life according to a belief system. But if you are telling me that it means something else, then maybe I should stop using that word?

But then again I understood everyone else in the world to be using the word religion in the same manner, whether on questionnaires, being asked by a Councillor or otherwise.. do I then turn around and explain to them what the word religion actually means? Because it is likely that they are using the word in the same manner as the majority of people including myself.. so when asked what my religion is by so and so should I not then respond as I have done for most of my life?

The root word of religion, then, doesn't have that much of an impact on me if I have been using it in a certain way (to mean something else) as has the majority of people I have come into contact with.

The word 'deen' in Arabic is a more fitting way to describe what people usually mean by the word religion (when used in the right context of a sentence), and it can be used to describe a comprehensive system of life that includes moral and practical aspects when worshiping a creator. I much prefer this word. If this means that I am a slave to the creator I worship, which it does actually, then I accept this

And mistakingly people will assume that religion can be translated into Deen in Arabic. So good job on exposing the true meaning of religion, as it is not a fitting way in my opinion to describe my way of life according to my belief system.
edit on 4-8-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

Thanks, I appreciate your reply! And hopefully take heed

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join