It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You hate religion, I get it...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw
Worried? Nah. It's all good, Grandma. I bicker and debate with a few of my family members too(They're all fundies). But they all know I'll be the first one to defend their right to believe as they want. As long as they understand, their religion ends where my rights begin.

It's no different on ATS. I'll debate and argue religion all day long, but at the end of the day, I let all that go. Hate and bitterness is a poison, and I don't need it in my life. On the day I hold a grudge, or feel anger and hate toward someone I'm debating on here, that's the day I stop doing it.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The only thing left for me to think is they are obsessed with religion. It's the same ones over and over day in day out, every time there is a religious thread. At least a couple if you really read between the lines has struggled with religion for a very long time and has wound up rather bitter about it. Those people can't handle it. They come across as very hateful. Other people are simply obsessed and confused, or a-holes.

Most of the atheists on here are nice though. In fact, they do no religion bashing whatsoever and have mentioned it as a fact from time to time but don't wear it like it's some kind of crown that makes them sooooo superior. (ha).

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Nearly all organized religion proselytizes.

Whenever the chance strikes, I have urges to state that they are all of the same cloth, woven BS.

This is to help the unformed minds know they do NOT have to believe in BS in order to be a human.

Matter of fact, I feel like a shepherd moving his flock away from the cliff.

The fact that you resent this method of demonstrating the absolute weakness of religious belief systems (I think you can be spiritual without BS beliefs.) is telling. It coincides with the fear based 'inspirations' that possess the majority of your ilk.

If you fear god, you chose the wrong one. If you fear god, you must be a sinner BY YOUR OWN DEFINITION. If you fear god, you must think you have everlasting importance.

You do not have any relevance beyond that assigned to you.

Shouting to god (prayers) will not even rouse him from his eons long nap.

For those of us who recognize our insignificance, we don't need the prop of a 'caring' god. We pretty much think that this is an Universe on auto-pilot. When it lands we'll be dead and gone. The Butterfly Effect may grant us immortality on this plane (pun intended) due to our flutterings but god, well he's taking it easy. And if he is as violent, vindictive and vile as your 'good' book says, LET HIM SLEEP.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
@ the OP:

This is one of a few different reasons why I don't come around these parts much anymore. It's not that I can't deal with dissenting opinions. I can. It's the way in which many go about it on this website. S&F.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
I think the same could be said for people who go into topics about GLBTQ+ issues or discussions and start with the hateful remarks and quote some scriptures and say "It's not hate it's Gods Truth"

I don't "Hate" Religion, or Religious people, i don't like the fact that it is used as something to hide behind Hate, Violence, Bigotry etc. or when it's used as"Law" and ann attempt to govern people. religion is a Belief system that not everyone believes, or believes in differently, but it is not "Law" that is allowed to be used as Discrimination to anyone

Not everyone is like that, there are those that have their belief but understand Humanity

God loves you, why should I not love you too?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Here's what religious people think; Neptune rules the sea. There was once a talking snake. There's a magical man in the sky who knows the thoughts and feelings of every human that ever existed. Santa Claus brings gifts at Christmas time. The gutless coward muhammed the dog pig spoke to angels. The Earth doesn't spin. And a whole host of dim witted, low iq, provably wrong scenarios that they refuse to question.
Religion is the refusal to accept the evidence that's right in front of your face.

I would like to see people educated so that the world can be free of stupid ideals like those stated above. And they're just the beginning. Some of the things believed by 'religious people' are so far out you'd wonder why they're against drugs when they're obviously such heavy users.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Not me,

I think Poseidon rules the sea!

If Santa doesn't bring presents, then HOW do they get under the tree? I stayed up almost all night once.

Muhammad is NOT a dog pig, pig maybe, but dogs are way cooler .

I believe the earth rotates, I get dizzy when I spin, so there

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
If you hate religion why can't you just be civil and leave it be?

If you hate secular free-thinkers, why can't you just go back to being uncivil and leave our science-based society be? That is, go back to toiling in the fields / desert sands and prostrating to the sky for rain / answers / guidance, like the sheeple you clearly strive to be...(?)

How can you hypocritically be availing all that science and secular thought, questioning and and reasoning has given you (like the very computer you used to post this thread!) and yet still have the gall to obtrude your fanciful prejudices and intolerance upon the intellectually vulnerable?

Do you have no shame? Do you not possess the faculty of reason? Have you no empathy for the fragility of children and those disenfranchised -- your core recruitment demographics? Are your neural pathways so utterly ingrained in fantastical daydreaming that you've lost all sense of reality...?
edit on 1-8-2015 by AlexJowls because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I see it as a service to fight religion.
If the religious were not attempting to push their religion on everyone and into governments we wouldn't have a problem.
If we stop attacking religion it will creep into places it is not needed.
Sorry If your faith is not strong enough to have your religion bashed.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

That is wrong and that is not Christian, even though those people claim to be Christians.

Politically, I believe people should be able to marry who they want to.

God doesn't hate adulterers, so I don't see how those people can claim God hates gays. Sad. jmo However, Biblically, it is considered a sin, just like any other sin. No different.
edit on 1-8-2015 by KesleyJ because: clarity

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

My 10 year old niece told me the other day that she doesn't think dinosaurs are real, that they are just made up. She goes to church every sunday with her father and was taught that dinosaurs are not real there during her sunday school sessions. The church they go to is supposed to be a modern church that is open to science and the modern world.

Are you really going to say that I am a hater because I am morally opposed to teaching children falsehoods? Are you really going to say that I am a hater for having an issue with an organization that disregards proven science in order to push dogma that has been proven false over and over again.

Anybody, or any group or organization who chooses to live in ignorance and willingly chooses to retard their children with false notions that will only hinder their ability to function in modern society deserves no respect and should be called out on their BS at every opportunity.

As time goes by there will be less and less room in the world for people who believe in fairy tales over established science and reality. If it makes you feel better to think of us as haters, then more power to you. I just hope that one day you realize that all those "haters" are really just people who see reality as opposed to the fantasy world you and your kool-aid drinking cult members like to believe in.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
-Neil deGrasse Tyson

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

That's the beauty of it all, boymonkey74.

I see more anti-theists coming into threads to preach than I do theists. You are apparently better "fishers of men" than most of us here

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx

So you've based your entire perception about Christians on your own interactions? Interesting. Did you know there are Christians who believe in Dinosaurs?

It's like treating every muslim like a member of ISIS. I suppose you'd be opposed to that though, right?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
There should be thread called 'religious logic'.
It goes something like this:
In olden days [and now thanks to IS] religious people used to kill non believers. Then they somehow calmed down quite a but [apart from IS] but couldn't stop from running their mouths against everything and everyone that wasn't on the same page.

Heck I still get a knock on the door every month by Jehova's witns. Even though I told them in no uncertain words [and very friendly] that I really, really don't want them to knock on my door ever again.

I have been followed in London by a guy with a bible into the tube I was taking, he sat next to me and started reading to me.

At work I had a handful of newborn x-tians actually standing in my aisle where I tried to conduct pharmaceutical testing, whilst they were actually [loudly] preaching to me, even though I asked them not to. I then had to go to complain to my boss about harassment.

On Forums, they post so much hatred for gay people and so called 'Atheists' it's ridiculous.

YOU christians or other religious folk are making the mistake to prod a sleeping tiger until it turns on you and then you make posts saying: "Everybody hates us....blabla whaaaaa." You wish, it is more like 'nobody cares'.

You are not always on my mind, I don't ever think of religion because I am not religious. Gods and all that are in the same drawer as the Easter bunny. So don't flatter yourself thinking that normal atheists are out to get you, they are not.

But if you keep insulting people, forcing your beliefs upon others without thought, and most of all defend something that makes absolutely no sense, then at least be wise enough to know that we WILL eventually snap.

YOU START, we retaliate. Simple as that. Try and shut up about anything religious and you'll be amazed how life will go on and nobody would even speak about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Guten Morgen- "Religion™ is like a penis.. It is okay to have One and be proud of it, but by all means don't take it out in public and certainly DON"T force it down My child's throat..." •copied from ATS™

This was also copied from ATS™. If You know who submitted it please come forth:

It's disguised as "worship".. but its truely WAR SHIP.

Yes get that initial giggle out and continue reading my words. As worshipping is the largest reason for wars.

Those men who build languages for MASSES to think in, are very versed in the metaphysical natures.

When you pray to something that you do not know is truely there, you join the war ship. You worship something you don't know of, and can't see. You divide yourself from, yourself and everyone around you.

Well in this language we call that blind faith. Now when you have many factions worshiping, just different names, now there is division, the opposite of being WHOLE.

Now you entered the war ship; you clash with those who pray to the same concept under different names (gods have no identity, just bogus names man made up). This is inferior mentality.

Even though they are all human, all came from the SAME SOURCE, all are 5-based beings (think pentagram geometry).

One becomes concrete in what they worship, they judge, and demonize those not praying to the same name. .

Now you have War/division.

ISIS is defending its concepts, because the ONLY power those who join the war ship have, is physical chaos to those who oppose. Internally, these people are weak, and are not worthy to ascend to their internal potentials.

Stop worshipping, start accepting all ,no matter the name they worship, and if your truth needs to be PUSHED, then how true is it really?

Truth needs no book, no doctrine, no dogma, no hierarchy, no god. Truth stands on its own, the rest is pushing to compete with truth, which is falsehood.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

YOU START, we retaliate. Simple as that. Try and shut up about anything religious and you'll be amazed how life will go on and nobody would even speak about it.

Or you do the intelligent thing and don't click on the thread.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx

Do you hate religion, religious people?

Then you'd be a hater.

Don't really care how you'd justify your hatred.

If you don't hate religion or religious people, then why the drama?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
-Neil deGrasse Tyson

It could also be said that the good thing about God is that He's real whether or not you believe in Him.

Ignorent to deny dinosaurs, yes. It's just as ignorent to think science and religion cannont complement one another.
edit on 8/1/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I see it as a service to fight religion.
If the religious were not attempting to push their religion on everyone and into governments we wouldn't have a problem.
If we stop attacking religion it will creep into places it is not needed.
Sorry If your faith is not strong enough to have your religion bashed.

Interesting, because I see it as a service
to fight religion bashing and religious bigotry.

There are so many awful assumptions
made about people here on ATS
if they even hint at having a religious thought.

Automatically, I have been called homophobic
(I'm not, couldn't care less about your private sexual habits and proclivities, and most importantly, I don't want to know and have a right to not know if I don't want to);
I have been accused of wanting a theocracy
(ludicrous since Jesus himself said no theocracy, see my earlier posts);
I have been called a rabid anti-abortion anti-woman meanie
(I am only strongly opposed to late term abortions, after the fetus can survive on it's own; and squeamish about abortion after week 16 when the fetus is a fully formed human;
before that not my business).
I could go on an on about the assumptions that are made and things I am accused of simply because I am a Christian.

I see it as my duty to defend from liberals
and progressives
and rabid atheists who have been emotionally scarred
and many many Democrats
the ugly stereotypes, bigotry, prejudice,
and out and out misinformed hatred,
Christians who are defined the in the ugliest ways possible.
The worst people who do this,
when I defend Christians say
"Well I don't mean ALL Christians, my (family member) ____ (friend) is a Christian and they are ok, but.....
(It's like saying I'm white but I have black friends who aren't _____ like all the other black people.)

I don't go out a pick fights,
but I do defend against Christophobia,
anti-Christianity,
and bigotry and prejudice directed toward Christians
simply because they are Christian -
and generalizing the hatred toward all Christians
(except for their friends and family of course who are nice people and aren't like all those other Christians :lol

My faith is strong enough to fight the popular sport of Christian bashing
among liberals/progressives/rabid atheists/ anti-theists/Democrats.
It is as bad as racism and homophobia these days.

People fight racism and homophobia which is good.
I fight Christophobia because my faith is strong
and ugly stereotypes are not limited to racists and homophobes.

edit on 9Sat, 01 Aug 2015 09:53:05 -0500am80108amk016 by grandmakdw because: additon

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: boymonkey74

That's the beauty of it all, boymonkey74.

I see more anti-theists coming into threads to preach than I do theists. You are apparently better "fishers of men" than most of us here

You are so right. See the post by AlexJowls a little before this one. He preached anti-theism!

His Christophobia was seething out of each and every word.

You are so correct, the anti-theists proselytize on ATS,
and with much more venom and hell fire words,
way more on threads that are not about religion specifically
than do theists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join