It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Going To Hell?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Personally, I've never seen too many people come across Satanists and say anything to them. I mean, what do you do, spot a Satanists sitting in a library reading the latest copy of the Reader's Digest and approach him?

LMAO
exactly, how can anyone ever tell a satanist ? I'm a satanist and u've had a lot of christians approach me in the street trying to convert me or make me repent, but as far as i'm aware that happens to quite alot of people.
oooh - you can spot the devil worshipping dabbler type satanists - the ones that decide to call themselves a satanist for a while to incite shock..... they are sterotypical and easy to find.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Yeah, I have met several of those freshly teenage, angry-at-the-world-so-I-am-gonna-pretend-to-be-a-satanist-to-make-myself-feel-cool types. I find them very funny. Especially when they threaten me with demons and spells.

The ones that are legit (which are very few and far between) are usually decient people that wouldn't harm anyone unless they harmed them first...

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Colonel how much do you know about the Olmec?

homepages.luc.edu...

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Well, yesterday, I saw a group that was rather interesting. It was the Black Israelites. They dress like the Black Power rangers and preach on the streets of DC with a powerful microphone.

They claim that the true Jews are black for we are the part of the lost 12 tribes of Israel that were scattered across the planet by God. I thought on this and remembered that the first Australians were black (aborigines) and the first Filipinos were black--begula (sp) (my wife, a Filipina, told me so). Now, how do black people get to be the first peoples in countries that are far from their orginal home, Africa?

Then, they said the picture of Jesus is a fake and they said to read a book by Sarah Bradford on the Borgias Family. The picture of Jesus that we all see is actually one painted by Leonardo da Vinci of a son of a pope.

Go figure.

There are indeed black Jews. I think it was in Ethiopa where they prooved this by DNA testing. There are even people who believe Jesus is black, something I find a bit strange since he was white when I met him. But one could never be 100% certain, now can we? And I guess you've all seen the paintings of the black Madonna. In the gospel, Jesus is once called a Samaritan without him denying it. Were the Samaritans black or tanned?

For all I know Jesus can change body and appearance like we change shirts. He is a shapeshifter. When Jesus woke up from the dead and met the two disciples on their way to Emmaus, they didn't recognise him at first, but suddenly he made himself known just before they departed from eachother. Tomas had to put his fingers in his wounds to know for sure that it was him. He can also walk through walls, create visions etc. He is a mighty god. I don't care how he looks, I see a bit of him in everyone. For after all he is the image of God. We are all his children so to speek.

About the standard icon of Jesus of the Catholics, it is not made by DaVinci it is based on the Torino headpiece. I don't believe that cloth was ever wrapped around Jesus' head. But I guess you'd find several icons that resemble sons of kings and popes if you searched. Most of them have no shame whatsoever when it comes to these things. Even to keep an icon is a sin. And to make it look like some prominent guy's son in order to kiss his arse would be the total of this sin.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Being Gnostic has some uses once in a while.

In the Bible, it is often quoted in Gnosticism that Sataniel (an Angel of God, hence the Angelic iel at the end of the name), is, or so he incorrectly believes, is God. He's the God that is refered to in the Bible as Jehova/Yahweh/Adonai and even YHVH.

The real God, El, is the fellow behind the scenes, who is benevolant, kind, compassionate, and the creator of Jesus Christ. In Gnosticism, the earth is created by Sataniel because he believes himself to be God, and thus has the power to create anything he chooses. In our religion, life isn't as precious as spirit, but that doesn't mean we give up and move on - we must live out our material lives in the hope of salvation and to truly be reunited with the 'real' God at the other end.

So yes, Satan exists, he's mentioned excessively in the Bible. El, Elohim, whatever you prefer to call him, isn't mentioned that much, but is there, and watches over us none-the-less. He and Christ will decide you worthy when the time comes!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
been in and through hell. I have returned thanks to the father.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I kinda like thoses gnostic ideas. Make sence to me, since earth is such a crappy place and seems to be ruled by evil.

I'm going to hell, and I'm going in first class.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hah, Hah, I'm sorry but I must laugh. If this planet isn't both Heaven and hell then I don't know what to say. I was a content lad most of my life until this hell thiing came along. When 'the church' felt the need (in the form of J.W.'s and such coming to our house as a boy) to tell me a child happy and faithful with whatever it is boy's are at that age, I was fine. If I had never heard of the damn place (no pun intended) I waould never have fear as I developed it in my pursuit of truth. I owe that fear I guess to some of my insight, but, c'mon, how many people are made to feel the love of God when the opening line from a Christian has to do with what a nasty or sinful person you are. How do they know me? I could have had a sinless existence for all they know. I won't speak for God but I will say in my opinion, I don't think he likes us to make his other children afraid or angry. One doesn't act by God when preaching hate. Which of course exactly what they are doing when they cast judgement upon others. The body is the temple, our communion with our kind is church, and to act by God is to keep your mouth shut about HIM and act like him in your actions. Hey Christians or any fundamentalists out there: Talk-Action=Nothing. I love everyone.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:42 AM
link   
In theory, Hell would be a much better place. You could either go to Heaven, and hang out with Popes, Torquemada, and other assorted boring people who think everything's a sin, including sex! Or, you could go to Hell and meet many great artists, rebels, whores, and probably me!

See ya there! LOL

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Here, here my friend.

This is exactly what I have been trying to say. Most are so caught up with what they have been taught and ingrained into their minds by people(not God) it absolutely amazes me.

God is love. He wants you to treat others with love. If everyone did this all the problems we have would go away.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
God is not love. God is a charade, masquerading as love. God is an insecure, violent bastard, if you analyze the bible. Why are so many people blind to the grand and terrifying violence of which their God was capable?

With righteous wrath and indignation God lashes out against man and all creation. We read that "all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: all in whose nostrils was the breath of life. . . Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark" (Gen. 7:21).

And consider too how God, further on in Genesis, flagrantly destroys Sodom and Gomorrah with "brimstone and fire." Another Sunday school lesson that is taught with cartoon pictures, a violent story sans the violence. No close-ups, no burned and scorched flesh, no agonized mourners. Just swift, clean, unfathomable justice (Gen. 19:24).

Is this love? If so, I sure don't want any part of it. I think the picture has been painted over with beautiful images that cover the true nature of the beast people call "God".
I was never fooled. I knew from my first trip to Sunday school that there was something very wrong with people telling children they'd go to hell if they didn't believe in this horrid story.

I know damn good and well what love is, and it has absolutely nothing to do with threatening or condemning people who don't believe what you want them to. It also has nothing to do with killing, sacrifices, etc. Love is a human emotion. You don't prove your love for anyone by killing, or allowing someone to be killed, or sacrificing someone. All of these profound actions (in the name of "God") are utterly ridiculous. When are people going to grow out of the Neanderthal phase?

[Edited on 29-8-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I am getting mixed messages from your last statements.

First you condemn what God is. However, you are condemning from what the Christians and the Bible says. That is good in my book I couldn't agree more.

Then you make the statements at the end about what God's love really is.

I commend you for recognizing the Bible's version of God's love is skewered. I also commend you for recognizing what is really is.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I would certainly entertain, from anyone, just what exactly is "Hell" and if it is even real or not......
Can anyone 100% empirically prove that there is a "Hell?"

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If I'm going to hell (which from some of my christian brothers I've been assured that I most certainly am) then I look forward to turning and having a good laugh at all the pious hate preachers standing in line with me who thought there salvation was assured.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
For starters...everthing is God...created by Him in seven days...beginning with light...you could say the Big Bang in fact...even scientists are looking to the Bible for answers now. It's not the people you walk with in life that will get you into Heaven...it's the life you walk with Him by your side that will get you into Heaven. Hell is place...eternal suffering without God...which will be destroyed when the New Earth is created after the second coming of Christ. In other words..it will be nothing...a void...and the only way to escape that is to known in your own heart that Jesus is the Son of God...and He died for your and my sins. Jesus rose from the dead to prove to His believers that there is eternal life after death. After that..it's pretty much up to the individual to seek out his or her life in Jesus's footsteps. I went to Baptist churches when I was younger and had mostly Jewish friends...my family and I would never condemn them for that or try to convert them. The church my family goes to know is a Jewish/Christian mix...and no one is labelled...followers of Jesus supposedly would fit if you wanted to label it...Old Testament and New Testament studying. The original thread asked about if there is a Hell...best way to answer is that is: "Without God...Yes". When there is a major castrophe and the world as you know it is no more...do you really want a Satanist by your side that might eat you instead of helping you find food and water? God-loving people know that miracles happen every day...and must pray for everyting...fear nothing...pretty simple. Any leader who says that it is easier to be feared then loved...look out...truly the work of demons. And do you know how I know there are demons...because I have seen them. It's not what you can prove that makes you have faith...it's proof of what you are that is your faith. Just wanted to put my two and half cents in...a true follower of Jesus Christ is supposed to...maybe three cents then...hehe...good luck...and God bless.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
I am getting mixed messages from your last statements.

First you condemn what God is. However, you are condemning from what the Christians and the Bible says. That is good in my book I couldn't agree more.

Then you make the statements at the end about what God's love really is.

I commend you for recognizing the Bible's version of God's love is skewered. I also commend you for recognizing what is really is.

Thanks, but actually my statement at the end is what people tend to believe god's love is.

I try to explain it from what a christian's perspective should be, even though I don't believe in god. If I did, I'd see serious problems with the supposed "teachings" of the bible being misconstrued as anything but frightening and savagely violent. How anyone can see it as anything otherwise, is beyond me.
God, in every tale I've heard and read, is a monster who hates humans, but somehow convinces them it's some sort of twisted love. I don't believe in monsters.

[Edited on 30-8-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod Hell is place...eternal suffering without God...

This is the only statement you've made that is not supported by the Scriptures (The *original* scriptures...The Dead Sea Scrolls). They refer to Hell (the concept of Hell originating from the Hebrew "sheol", which simply meant "grave": Re-translated & re-interpreted over the centuries into the form of Hell that's most popularly believed nowadays) as lasting only for a "period of time" (more precisely, "an age")...However long that's really supposed to be, it does refer to a definitely *finite* period of time: Hell isn't supposed to last forever or an eternity by any means.

Basically, the scriptures about Hell & the punishment of sins can be thought of with an anology:
God is our Father but He knows that His children have been naughty...He "spanks" us (punishes our sins with some time in Hell) until we've learned not to consider committing those sins ever again...Then He takes us back into His love (pulls us out of Hell when we've had enough "rehabilitation"). When Hell has been emptied of *all* sinners (Yes, that would also include Satan...If he's also learned his lesson & accepts God's love again), then God will destroy Hell since it will have served it's purpose & is no longer needed.

I guess you might also say that Hell is God's way of telling us to "go sit in the corner until you've realized what you've done"...

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
"fire" Matt 7:19, 13:40, 25:41
"everlasting fire" Matt 18:8, 25:41
"eternal damnation" Mark 3:29
"hell fire" Matt 5:22, 18:9, Mark 9:47
"damnation" Matt 23:14, Mark 12:40, Luke 20:47
"damnation of hell" Matt 23:33
"resurrection of damnation" John 5:29
"furnace of fire" Matt 13:42, 50
"the fire that never shall be quenched" Mark 9:43, 45
"the fire is not quenched" Mark 9:44, 46, 48
"Where their worm dieth not" Mark 9:44, 46, 48
"wailing and gnashing of teeth" Matt 13:42, 50
"weeping and gnashing of teeth" Matt 8:12, 22:13, 25:30
"torments" Luke 16:23
"tormented in this flame" Luke 16:24
"place of torment" Luke 16:28
"outer darkness" Matt 8:12, 22:13
"everlasting punishment" Matt 25:46

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
All quotes from a Bible, or "God's Words" if you will.. I've grown up in a society where there's churches anywhere you go.. I live in a town with 2,000 people and has two churches in it, and a country that makes you attend Christianity-focussed Religious Education.. personally I've always found this to be wrong, I had my own views when I attended school and they didn't fit in with the school's curriculum at all, yet when I don't pray at the end of assemblies I'm seen to be a troublemaker and removed

Now, forgive me for being crude but I think that's damn wrong.. the thing that annoyed me the most is that I got along with the teachers, they'd even say that if I had any problems then to visit them, and on the odd occasion I did, and each time that happened I'd have the RE teacher there who'd try and explain to me to have more faith in God, or more precisely, a God I don't (and most likely will never) believe in. I have my own views, they're not any religions.. if pushed then they probably follow a sort of Wiccan/Buddhist sort of view with my own ideals.. I respect everyone's personal views, I just don't want them to be forced upon me, I have to make my own decisions and learn from my own mistakes, if they're going to be some made.

Well, I don't know.. it's my first post in here
I'll improve eventually, just don't bet on it immediately

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
"fire" Matt 7:19, 13:40, 25:41
"everlasting fire" Matt 18:8, 25:41
"eternal damnation" Mark 3:29
"hell fire" Matt 5:22, 18:9, Mark 9:47
"damnation" Matt 23:14, Mark 12:40, Luke 20:47
"damnation of hell" Matt 23:33
"resurrection of damnation" John 5:29
"furnace of fire" Matt 13:42, 50
"the fire that never shall be quenched" Mark 9:43, 45
"the fire is not quenched" Mark 9:44, 46, 48
"Where their worm dieth not" Mark 9:44, 46, 48
"wailing and gnashing of teeth" Matt 13:42, 50
"weeping and gnashing of teeth" Matt 8:12, 22:13, 25:30
"torments" Luke 16:23
"tormented in this flame" Luke 16:24
"place of torment" Luke 16:28
"outer darkness" Matt 8:12, 22:13
"everlasting punishment" Matt 25:46

...Which version of the Bible are those quotes from? I hope you realize that if you used the KJV, that King James commissioned that particular version for the purpose of justifying his rule (a political reason) rather than attempting scholarly accuracy.
Is it an *accurate* translation from the original Hebrew or merely an interpretation of the original Hebrew?
How many rewrites & reinterpretations has your bible version been through over the past *couple of thousand years*?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join