It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help Finding Numerology Quotes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I am in want of some philosophic-numerology help. I am finding it difficult to find the quotes I am looking for.

The quote is in terms of cosmogony, and details the generation of numbers. Crudely paraphrasing; One is the point and absolute of all things,... One begets two which generates the line,... Two begets three which forms the triangle,... so on an so forth. I believe the conceptual quote I am looking for originates with Pythagorus, Plato, or their subsequent schools.

The closest I can find at the moment is a quote from Diogenes Laertius;

Laertius, citing Hippolytus, states that the term “monad” originated in the works of Pythagoras and or his followers (Pythagoreans), who called the first thing that came into existence the ‘monad’, which begat the dyad, which begat the numbers, which begat the point, begetting lines or finiteness, etc.

- Laertius, Diogenes. (c.350). Lives and Opinions of Eminent Philosophers

Really, any philosophical quotes about the generation of numbers or shapes would be greatly appreciated. Like, the circle, to triangle, to square, etc.

Let's have some fun with numbers!!!
Thanks in advanced!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

The only link I can think of with maybe some historical quotes and references would be Bullinger philologos.org... other then that , E. R. Finck, ed. The Seal of God in Creation and the Word by F. C. Payne. Strathpine, Qld.:
Evangelistic Literature Enterprise, 2000. could contain something . god-help.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Found this link to a thread with other links within ifers.boards.net...

also

edit on 31-7-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Sounds like chapter 42 Tao Te Ching, but a little different.

new topics

top topics

join