It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura On Why It’s Time to Free Chelsea Manning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
In this all-new Off the Grid, I discuss why it’s time to release Chelsea Manning. The transgender whistleblower formerly in the army as Private Bradley Manning, received a 35-year prison sentence for releasing hundreds of thousands of documents to WikiLeaks in 2010. The documents revealed the human cost of war and provided the American public with knowledge about some of the government’s most despicable and secretive acts. Tune in to this all new segment of #WWJVD to find out how you can help set Chelsea Manning free.

Do you agree? Is Chelsea Manning a hero for releasing information we have a right to know?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I don't have the band width to watch much in the line of videos, so if you could expand on your op and explain this situation I would be most appreciative. Thanks

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Although I said you are off my grid until you can demonstrate a degree of interest in your account, I will do so because of the subject matter.

Whether one sees this individual as a hero or traitor, one thing is clear, it was a very brave (and some may say stupid) act to release that documentation.

In my opinion, I have never seen a government (and their agencies) more pissed than when a whistle-blower is involved in bringing to light factual accounts of inhuman acts sanctioned by government and military. The government shows it's true colours during times when a whistle-blower is imparting what they know and have witnessed (or been a party to).

Government dirty laundry has the potential to bring that government down.

BTW I did not watch your video.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I agree, Jesse.

This is one of the most important videos of the 21st century.

The time has come to cut the crap.

DENY IGNORANCE OR DIE FROM IGNORANCE.

A little twist on an old theme.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JRCrowley

I didn't watch the OP video, but I watched yours.

Pretty despicable for the enemy to bring children with them on their raids.

You so often see Islamic soldiers store their bombs, weapons, and ammunition in schools and hospitals.

I also find it telling that as soon as the helicopters engaged, the adults abandoned the children and fled.

They were armed and returned fire to protect themselves, but not the kids.

The collateral damage is a shame but not our fault, if we let everyone get a free pass for dragging a child with them into battle, the battlefields would be strewn with kidnapped and conscripted children.
edit on 31-7-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Oh, may I add to this thread this nice piece of f*ing up in our country Germany?

The general federal prosecutor is claiming treason against Germany by.. a blog which posted docs about the NSA spying on the German government and their people and their companies, by help with .. you will never guess it .. the German intelligence agency BND.

Now let me repeat it, because it may be unclear if I do not so: a blog did a treason against Germany by reporting about those spying activities!

The blog did a treason!

Not the BND, who helped the NSA spying!

Nope.

I'm outta here. *drops mic*

*doorbell rings*
*sounds of detention by men in black suits*

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Can sublime have his own forum? He seriously deserves one!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I was just wondering why Jesse's thread are on the top when nobody really cares anymore what he has to say?

3 flags and still top... make some room for real people threads.

It seems some users have a more valued opinion than others, sad...

Peace out

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I agree wholeheartedly. Our government tries to discourage whistleblowing on themselves. They want to put the fear of everything in anybody who knows about it. They always say the truth will set you free, but not in our world. Today, the truth can get you sent right to jail in our country.

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: JesseVentura

Whether one sees this individual as a hero or traitor, one thing is clear, it was a very brave (and some may say stupid) act to release that documentation.

In my opinion, I have never seen a government (and their agencies) more pissed than when a whistle-blower is involved in bringing to light factual accounts of inhuman acts sanctioned by government and military. The government shows it's true colours during times when a whistle-blower is imparting what they know and have witnessed (or been a party to).

top topics

join