It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Fines Millions for Not Having Obamacare

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

One more question which I think will resolve it for me ... is anyone in Government automatically a traitor?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Gryphon66

People who can sort through this:

obamacarefacts.com...

likely have the intellect and insight to not need to. LOL....anyone who was doing their own taxes before is likely to struggle. When my wife and I were minimm wage earners, we didn't think of ourselves as "poor".

Don't disagree I hate bureaucrat speak as well. My point was (and is) that there are means in the ACA for the working poor to avoid the penalty.

My mom was uninured when diagnosed with stage III b-cell lymphoma. She waded through paperwork and recieved her treatment.

If there is a reason to have to jump through hoops, i see nothing wrong with it. The IRS has never had a good reason for it.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

While I don't agree that the IRS is "unconstitutional" (as someone said) there is certainly a thousand ways it could have been and should be streamlined and made more efficient. Just like most of "government" at every level.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Constitutional or not, it is immoral to tax someones earnings. Taxing commerce...fine. I get that. Tax me on the way out. But taxing me on the way in by taxing my income (which is effectively me trading pieces of my life in exchange for cash) is just flat out wrong. It feels like the mafia boss wanting me to kick his cut up to him.

But if we are to tax income, it could be done with a million times less bureaucracy. Like the fact that I have to file a tax return (despite paying my taxes without issue) or risk being a criminal....

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yep, we agree to disagree on the first issue.

Yep, we agree absolutely on the second one.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Seems to me the Individual Mandate, a Republican idea, calls for those who don't have insurance to be penalized via tax penalties.

How is it that the IRS is doing anything except it's duty under the law?

You would prefer that the laws be ignored?

And they realized it was a stupid idea and dropped it.

But hey, stupid ideas are what the dems love, that's why they all voted for it.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

It took them twenty-one years to realize it was a stupid idea???

And these are the folks you want running the country??

I have another scenario. It was and is a typical Republican idea ... Anything to put more costs back on the backs of the middle class and poor folks and benefit the rich.

They saw this was going to become a reality in ACA, particularly after 3 top Republicans worked on a compromise (which the Dems foolishly believed while trying to work as bipartisans) and then the republicans broke faith.

Dems do own the ACA but the Individual Mandate that is being justly griped about here ... That's ALL Republican.
edit on 13Fri, 31 Jul 2015 13:26:07 -050015p012015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13Fri, 31 Jul 2015 13:37:09 -050015p012015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

a reply to: beezzer

You know and I know the Democrats were completely hoodwinked in this situation.

The Democrats were hoodwinked into legislating, passing , and then defending the ACA ?

Interesting.

edit on 31-7-2015 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

The context is the Individual Mandate.

The root cause of the tax penalties being complained about justly in the thread.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It would be interesting would it not, to compare the actual bills from way back then to the ACA.

How many were there?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The context is the Individual Mandate.

The root cause of the tax penalties being complained about justly in the thread.

Let me ask you a question, if you have time... It's completely hypothetical of course.

There's this bank, actually a smaller credit-union, a few blocks from my house. I drive by it all the time, and sometime entertain thoughts of "I wonder how much money they have in there." Sometimes heh, I think about it more than I should..

Anyways, I started thinking. Small credit union, probably small deposits ; At best medium sized money bundles intended for transfer. It might actually be fairly simple to get in there, get out with a considerable amount of money that's easy to physically move.

I start thinking about it, and even contemplate how their guards relieve each other from duty, about the same time I drive by in the morning... You know really giving it some thought.. We're having a beer one night and I mention to you " Hey Gryph, grab us some more pretzels I wanna tell you about this crazy idea I had"

And then we both laugh at what a stupid idea it really is..

But... A week later the place does get robbed.... By someone else of course ; You KNOW it wasn't me cause we were grabbing a baconator from wendys together at lunch that day.

Would you call the police department and demand they investigated me because I thought of it first ? I didn't do it, but I did play with the idea before it happened.

Am I responsible for the robbery ? Would you tell everyone I was because I thought of it before someone else did it ?

edit on 31-7-2015 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

a reply to: beezzer

None, but three of them helped design it, in the Senate.

You know and I know the Democrats were completely hoodwinked in this situation.

And you also know were the Individual Mandate came from, and what party supported it up to and even during the early development of the ACA.

Are you a recording? If so, I think you're stuck.

How does a ruling party get hoodwinked exactly? As I recall they were the only ones allowed to even know what was in it?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It would be interesting would it not, to compare the actual bills from way back then to the ACA.

How many were there?

Information posted above.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Interesting scenario.

If we wish to make it more appropriate to what you're trying to connect it to ...

You have been bringing this plan to me for 20 years.

I've told you over and over I don't think it's a good plan, and that there are better ways to make money.

You let it go sometimes for years at a time, but, you keep bringing it up.

Finally, I give in. We agree to meet at the Credit Union Bank at 12 midnight last night, and we'll do the deed.

I show up, and, believing that you're on the way because I trust you and have known you for years, I go ahead and start the break-in (we'll assume that I'm both a locksmith and a security system expert for the sake of the game), I get inside and find the cops waiting on me ... because you not only got cold feet at the last moment but then called the cops to turn me in.

And in case this is too arcane, in this scenario, you're the Republicans and I'm the Democrats in regard to the Individual Mandate.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Not "seeing" any actual U.S. House or Senate Bills.

It would be interesting to compare and see what may be missing and what might have worked vs ACA.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SunnyDee

Hoodwinked in regard to phasing things in to the plan like the Individual Mandate. As usual, their desire to work with Republicans and find compromises worked to ill.

Are you seriously stating that a bill was brought to the House and Senate floors that ONLY Democrats were allowed to see?

Aside from the absurdity of that on its face, you may be forgetting that three Republican Senators worked with Three Democratic Senators to negotiate the Senate Plan for Healthcare Reform.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Not "seeing" any actual U.S. House or Senate Bills.

It would be interesting to compare and see what may be missing and what might have worked vs ACA.

Look harder. The history of every plan put forward by Congressional Republicans is in the Forbes article.

By the way, speaking of Republican legislation, where is the better plan to replace the ACA that we've been promised for ... what, five years now?

Not to mention the jobs bills, etc. What is the Republican Congress doing these days, anyway? Besides overreach and acting like petty tyrants?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Like everything Obama crap goes to target those that pays taxes and are under the government radar, those that live under the table raping the tax payer and getting a cut for their hard labor are the ones that benefits the most.

As usual the working class keeps been targeted for that . . . been a working class.

In America Rewarding criminals that brake the law under fraudulent practices has become a way of living.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yeah, you might not want to exclude the Republicans from the "raping" of the poor and the middle class.

I mean, if you're interested in the truth or anything.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

This is an Obamacrap issue no a party lines issue, remember that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join