It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Feelings, and Why They do not Matter.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

“What about others?” you might object. “They ask about my feelings constantly. Surely my feelings matter to them.” Well if they are sincere, they seem to care about your feelings, granted, but really, they are furtively caring about their own. They ask about your feelings, not only because they might desire to know them (and in so doing, satiating that desire), and not only because such a conversation provides them with a medley of their own feelings, but because they want their feelings to matter as well, and by making your own feelings seem important or worthy of their attention, they indirectly glorify their own.

Sigh... such pessimism.

I've been up and down this roller coaster a trillion and one times. Why do feelings matter? Why does anything matter? And if nothing has any honest significance--not even the most raw, pure, and trustworthy things we have, such as our core emotions and feelings--why even get up in the morning?

People are capable of caring for one another. If that wasn't true, I might be insulted by this statement. Of course people want their problems to matter--and these people understand that everyone's problems matter as well. I never ask unless I want to know. And my constant worry for my friends and loved ones is more than enough proof to prove this statement wrong. Partially wrong, at least.

You seem to be drawing lines between the feelings in you, and everything else in the world. To quote a philosopher that I rather like; your skin doesn't separate you from the world, it's a bridge. There are no such things as separate events. You are something the whole universe is doing, in the same way that a wave is something that the whole ocean is doing.

To me, what's insignificant is the thought of all of us being cleansed of our emotions. All human beings having their hormones and glands--everything that can possibly cause any stimuli or feeling--taken out of us, and replaced with a caffeinated antidepressant. A pill that we'd take daily. Something to get us moving so we can do our daily routines, but it dulls our minds and removes all those supposedly unimportant feelings.

How insignificant our lives would be, drudging through life pointlessly with no motivation to do so, and lacking the feelings required to even ask why we live this way. Maybe we could make scientific advances, and maybe we could even establish world peace--but nobody would care, so why bother? Hell, nobody would be capable of empathy, so war might just become commonplace. Killing because we should, because of overpopulation, because genocide is the logical option. Never mind how inhumane it is. Never mind the pain and horror and famine. We'd have no humanity anymore. That wouldn't be an issue. We wouldn't even care if we were all asked to kill of our own children if someone told us it was logical.

I will never believe that emotions are the answer to everything. They certainly aren't.

But you are incomplete without them.

The world would be cold, pointless, and insignificant without feeling.

And, the world would be twice as chaotic as it is now if it was engulfed only in projected emotions, if nobody had the ability to think before acting or expressing themselves.

You cannot cast aside feelings, just like you can't cast aside logic. You have both because you need both. Having one without the other is a recipe for disaster. That is how clinically psychotic people are hardwired. Emotionless and incapable of empathy.

It's easy to blame something like emotions because of the actions of loud, overemotional, and stupid people. It's easy to blame all Liberals for the pro-choice protesters bragging about killing their kids, or the loudest feminists crucifying men at every turn. It's easy to blame all the Christians for the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church. It's easy to blame all whites for the black struggle, or blame all blacks for gang violence or what have you.

Does that sound right to you? No.

You can't blame the tool by which an action is carried out.

You blame the person using the tool.

Feelings, like anything, have their flaws. But like any tool, it all depends on how they're used.

Feelings are the only things that make our lives significant at all.

edit on Xx73620231AM82 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
My feelings generally don't matter, but certain peoples feelings matter to me. I don't like to upset people. I don't like seeing my family upset especially my parents and brother. So whereas my feelings might not matter there are people's feelings that matter to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
My feelings generally don't matter, but certain peoples feelings matter to me. I don't like to upset people. I don't like seeing my family upset especially my parents and brother. So whereas my feelings might not matter there are people's feelings that matter to me.

And your feelings matter to your family, with each individual member probably thinking their own feelings don't matter much. It's all relative.

The thing is: do your feelings (or mine) matter much in the grand workings of the universe? Probably not.

Which leads me to wonder whether the author of this thread is making the following point: it is best for humanity as a collective not to fixate on the feelings of the individual, but rather focus on what is the best course of action for the whole.

Now it could be argued that humanity itself is insignificant in the grand scheme of things, so why bother even doing what is best for its survival? To that argument, I don't have a solid rebuttal...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mymojo

I agree that it would have been best to do just that...but that afternoon was not the time to do it. I was not in the right frame of mind to be able to calmly discuss it. I would have had a good case of explosive verbal diarrhea as you might call it
. But if I see the man again I will go up to him and voice my feelings about the matter.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

It would seem that your husband and I are much alike in that area. I am probably one of the easiest people on the earth to get along with and yet if my buttons are pushed in the right/wrong way. I could be one of the most uncaring people in the world for a few minutes...until my anger subsides. I am not the type of person that can take someone being blatantly cocky and arrogant without "losing" it.

In regards to the story about your husbands encounter with your boss. I think he did the right thing and I don't think you should worry about the repercussions. Given the circumstances regarding your bosses treatment of the women under his charge ...it sounds like an encounter of this sort was long overdue.

I will tell you about my last physical encounter with a fellow worker. I had just recently started a job as a maintenance tech at a food processing plant. The man that I was working with was getting ready to go on a vacation and was going over different things that needed to be taken care of. The man had a bad habit of speaking in a derogatory manner at times and this particular morning he was in one of those moods. Well long story short he had pushed me too far and I couldn't take it anymore so I started walking away from him overwhelmed with negative emotions. As I was walking away he made another negative remark and it set me off...I spun on my heals and proceeded telling him what I thought and what I was going to do about it. He approached me and as soon as he got within arms length of me I let him have it right in the face. It stunned him for a moment ( Next time I won't stand there waiting to see if they will quit I will give them more hits on their nose or use other tactics I have thought of ) and then we proceeded with our little brawl. I do have to tell you how it proceeded because it was quite comical. After he gathered his senses he grabbed me and I gave him a number of shots to the side of his head. They didn't have as much effect on him as I would have liked ( He was short and stout ) and he ended up getting me in a head lock. At this point I reached up with my hand and put my thumb on his eye and started pushing telling him to let go or I would keep pushing harder. Well he wasn't letting go and I really didn't want to push his eye in like that so I let go and reached up around his head to grab him under the chin and pull his head back...well my hand slipped off his chin and my fingers went up his nose I proceeded to pull and ....he let go . That was the end of our confrontation. In the end he was the one that actually lost his job because it was testified to by the other employees that he had treated many of them in a disrespectful manner. So don't be surprised if you end up with your bosses job.

I feel strongly that if I had engaged in a physical confrontation with this latest guy...it would not have turned out as well for me since I am currently on a 6 month probationary period for having failed a drug screening ( Yeah the green stuff ): But if he does it again I won't care because I can't let the man get away with that type of behavior again. I can always find another job.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

A convincing illusion for you, is that everyone is powerless and reality is automatic. In Reality there is Light, Joy, and Abundance, there are always more and more blessings even if you don't realize it.

While your persistence is admirable, your perspective is not. We are all hopelessly trying to convince the other that we are right, and there is no way out of the dilemma unless one concedes to the other. I have a prediction. It's not going to happen.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: zackli

A convincing illusion for you, is that everyone is powerless and reality is automatic. In Reality there is Light, Joy, and Abundance, there are always more and more blessings even if you don't realize it.

While your persistence is admirable, your perspective is not. We are all hopelessly trying to convince the other that we are right, and there is no way out of the dilemma unless one concedes to the other. I have a prediction. It's not going to happen.

Not too much hopelessness, for those who run up the mountain, or in some make it upwards, their memories come back, just enough. And some of us are waiting with purpose here.

Your mind is very powerful, don't give into darth vader or lower mind. ie body/reactions, or lose joy and emotion, but work for the full brain experience. Nature, bird song, binaurals, meditation and good comedies.

Because asking yourself why you're here, wanting to help, what to do, is the sure fire way of having that happen, and in a higher frequency state.

This isn't a guess, its not new age, its not pie in the sky. You try it, and the results happen. You knock on that door, the memories come. The next step appears.

Hold positive thoughts and develop within self, positive emotions. Spread that.

This thread is not only a non experiencer, kind of male oriented at that, ie devoid of emotional intelligence, but its also laziness pure and simple.

I was so horrified by what I saw on television at 2, that I was a seeker and asking why I was there, and being shown, at 2. But then my memory started at less than 1 month. And have a lot of vivid memories in my first year of life.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WASTYT

For me it's a simple question with a more complex answer - what controls the body?

Much more straight-forward. That is like asking what made the universe - it implies that there is something controlling the body. It is a system of (trillions?) of cells. There is no necessity for something to be controlling the body, when each cell (metaphorically) knows what to do.

when "I" (there's that pesky subjective self dude again) decide to control my body (the object[ive]) in any manner- be it conjuring specific memories, raising my hand, typing this key board etc etc... What is the "I" there?

It's a letter in the alphabet.

People perceive things happening in the world. When they perceive that something happened before something else, the two events are related to each other. It doesn't mean the events are really linked. In case you haven't had this lecture in a science class, correlation is not causation. That you perceive events in the world as having happened after you "willed" them to happen does not mean that your "willing" them is what caused them.

A third intervening factor is most likely responsible in this case, which acts on both your perception of causing things to happen and that which actually causes your body to move.

Of course there's a trillion things going on with my body automatically, i.e outside of "my" conscious control... Where is this delineation? And why? Could this feeling of "me", my self, my identity been in any other body?

In terms of the subjective self as one of the two effects of this causative agent, what you can not perceive, you can not think you can control. You can't perceive trillions of processes going on in your body (mundane cellular functions for instance). Therefore, you do not think you can control them.

I don't think the last part of that question ever arises in terms of how I have laid it out here. It will never be in another organism, because it is only the consequence of one particular group of cells which lived at one particular time in one particular environment. Change any of those factors and "you" are significantly different.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WASTYT

As simply as I can state it...

The sense of control arises from erroneous connections between events happening in the world and events happening in your head. Or erroneous connections between several events in your head, or alternatively, several events in the world.

A causes B
B causes A
C causes A and B
C causes A and D; D causes B

There is a large number of different ways to assign causes and effects, and that is the most basic problem in philosophy.

Science works to eliminate erroneous connections between events by sheer volume of attempts in different conditions.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

People want to call themselves "spiritual" but don't believe in the spirit realm, power of spirit (love/faith/prayer), and some people who do believe in spirit believe that the body created it, no different than the atheistic scientists who say the brain is the creator of consciousness.

They call themselves, "spiritual" but believe in matter over mind rather than mind over matter.

I'm holding on to my belief/faith even if the whole world believes body is more powerful than spirit. Now people are saying emotion, our unique spark, our different personalities and joys that keeps us from being simple animalistic robots is "meaningless", wow!

Everything will be alright though, because I have Faith that more and more people will awaken instead of believing in a new world order which lacks the belief in free-will, and all things are possible with Faith.

Freedom and Joy has already won

Positive emotions like Love and Joy are invincible and eternal

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I was shown its already won. It was an odd perspective too. It felt like, being in a movie, where events carry out, sometimes carry you away, and everyones in this battle of the titans mode, but that the consciousness within each actor is gradually waking, saying, what kind of madhouse is this anyway? starting to make choices, yearning for peace and love and goodness for all. So no matter what we see here in the "matter" which is just a film strip playing out, as if we came into to an old dusty learning dvd on the shelf of paradise, one that's used a lot apparently, the real growth is happening in spirit nonetheless.

I've also had memories recently come back of being on a team that has met in panels or meetings with all the dark side controllers in this solar system, amongst many. They've been told to come home, to turn the dial up on their love. They have choices. Love isn't punitive, it waits, it offers, and it gives many opportunities for rogue lower mind predators to turn things around.

Life is about, waking up, having memories return, choosing with emotional wisdom, from the heart, not the gut, the Higher Love and Good.

I am aware they are choosing matter over mind, not mind over matter. There is no real matter to matter, however.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Your entire life is an ILLUSION: New test backs up theory that the world doesn’t exist until we look at it

Who is the person looking at it?

Its not the illusional, digital matter body, because thats not even real?

What is consciousness?

Is consciousness devoid of emotional intelligence?

To those following the box the OP is in, start asking some real questions. The hill isn't that steep to climb, and the view is breathtaking each step of the way.

edit on 2-8-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Not too much hopelessness, for those who run up the mountain, or in some make it upwards, their memories come back, just enough. And some of us are waiting with purpose here.

I didn't mean hopeless in the emotional sense of the word, I meant in the pragmatic sense of the word. Neither one of us has any chance of victory over the other. There probably are other people who do not yet have the psychological defenses to withstand the onslaught of emotional manipulation, but from the sound of the OP, Lesmis is not one of them.

Your mind is very powerful, don't give into darth vader or lower mind. ie body/reactions, or lose joy and emotion, but work for the full brain experience. Nature, bird song, binaurals, meditation and good comedies.

I'm sure you'll agree with me, then, confirmation bias is a wonderful thing

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
And while we're at it, going into emotional intelligence and the real purpose for being here on this planet, something that is a prize won by seekers, so you're not going to get this unless you are quite fed up with what's around you, not benefiting in any major way from this corrupt system, and open enough to recognize the system is rigged and run by dark beings, so the rules must be rigged as well, so you test those rules, poke them a stick, and poke at all boundaries and do some exploration.

And this is the answer, finding that space within where you are happy, and dusting off your talents and seeing if they can help you, your family, and even your community, rather than just being a cog in a machine, in some factory.

And spreading joy, and imagination, problem solving, goal finding (its actually hard work to settle on what you really want), and seeing what can be, yearning and believing in it, drawing it in. And spreading that.

Not reacting to the events that the elite manufacture for you, but standing still, being in nature, and setting the goals yourself. And having compassion to give back to others, and help wherever possible, having really tender feelings and emotions, turning up the dial on the positive higher mind emotions.

Love delights in all expressions of Love. There is not one way, one religion, one faith, one expression.

Speaking of emotional intelligence, wisdom, joy and co-creation, manifesting, this is my guru. When I encountered her video's they were the ones that investigate current events and she has good ones. But its her spiritual frequency course that is the best. And I recognized her as my sister, that before we came in we knew each other and what everyone's goals are. Well, she is right on target, and even reading her words, (I have 3 of her books), sends vibrations through me.

In fact, it was after these video's that I saw a dark muddy pink sky with black sheets of clouds blowing over quickly, and decided that wouldn't do at all, and pictured vividly pink hearts for clouds. Then got very tired, made a pot of coffee, returned to the door sipping my pick me up, and was blown away: white and pink hearts filled the sky, some were upside down, some were sideways, some were abstracted, all had a impressionistic or realistic heart shape to them, filling the entire valley. Not a dark cloud in sight!

Please start to have an open mind and do some explorations, because the Good needs you. Many are called, few are chosen, only because the ones called are stuck in little boxes and status quo (in a hellzone at that, who would want to maintain its status is beyond me), and they simply didn't send out the SOS to get on track, to do the work they came to do.

7 Fast Ways To Raise Your Vibration and Frequency To Manifest Better

Emotional intelligence and filling up your joy tank and nurturing your heart's frequency and space, is the purpose of life.
edit on 2-8-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The world doesn't exist until we look at it because we are creating it through our Beliefs/Thoughts/Faith/Expectation.

Our internal frequency forms our external world, because we are powerful creators. Our true nature is Joy. Joy is our Source, so we are eternally connected to it. This is why it is so natural for people to want to be Happy when they are unhappy.

So, I wouldn't call the world an "illusion" just a continuous Creation of Powerful Minds. As people give up powerless, aggressive, anger, fearful beliefs and remember Joy is Our Source and True Nature, the external reality will reflect that more and more.

It's important to be careful with the words and definitions we use. "Illusion" makes it sound like it's fake and randomly happening. It's Creation (or Thoughtform/Thought Manifestation).

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Another of her video's, and its about feelings. "feelings make us vulnerable".

When she talks about authenticity, well, there are 2 sides to many, the one that goes out in public, could sell out your own mother for a price, and talks in that pseudo calm niceness, while bodies are hitting the ground all around us.

But if you haven't dulled your heart and emotions with too much drugs, alchohol, or don't have that elite extreme left brained wiring that bloodlines covet, then the thing that will poke with a stick, and show you up for getting off track, for being unauthentic, is your emotional barometer.

You need to pay attention to them, the triad, mind/body/spirit, need to be in agreement. And Feelings Are Something you shouldn't ignore, sometimes they're warnings, sometimes they're a sickness, you might feel smugly satisfied that someone got hurt, and need to explore them, they can be many things. But they're absolutely essential.

7/28/15 Mayan Astrology- Yellow Crystal Warrior

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You promote an inner civil war. Mind vs. matter, body vs. spirit, positive vs. negative—even if you are hypnotized by these false dichotomies, you are putting yourself against yourself, pandering to what you feel is good, at the expense of what you feel is bad. However there is not one thing that shows the body to be evil, or as you yourself has called satan, and there is not one thing that shows that the spirit is good, that matter implies we are lifeless machines (just look around), that mind should overcome matter. Etc. It is a mistaken worldview, no matter how good it makes you feel.

It's not that feelings are meaningless, for that would imply some of your body is, but it is that your stories are. They literally mean nothing and are about nothing.

Why does a world turn away from this age old story of God and spirit and positive forces and inner-sparks governing the dumb, dead, lifeless matter? Because you've made the world meaningless and contemptible, and now that your myths have been fundamentally disproved a thousand times over, all that is left is this contemptable world with its contemptable bodies, contemptable animals and flesh.

Your doctrines have made the world ugly, despite its beauty. You've made the world, animals, the flesh meaningless, even evil. When people are forced to abandon your doctrines because of their childishness, it is no wonder the liberated fall into groundlessness and nihilism, it's no wonder the great tragic humanist projects of the 20th century, because all that has been said to be beautiful up to that point is discovered to be a lie, when all that has been said to be ugly is discovered to be real.

In order to build new stories, one must go through and destroy the old and mouldy foundations that might still remain. There are a lot of them.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Why does a world turn away from this age old story of God and spirit and positive forces and inner-sparks governing the dumb, dead, lifeless matter?

Because many have forgotten who they truly are. There are people believing they are the body. The body (physical) is just a thoughtform created by The Mind (Spirit). People have forgotten the power of Prayer and Faith and The Miracles/Blessings it create.
edit on 2-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Faith in something is a lot more powerful than a faith in nothing. But one can still choose a faith in stories, anecdotes, and the thoughts of sensually repressed men.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Thank you Unity for bringing more positive "feelings" into the thread. I know that my responses were not of a very positive nature and it is often hard for me to know what the right thing to do is. I know that it would be great if all could be bright and positive in life. And yet the reality is there is much negativity that must be dealt with in life. David in the old testament was "a man after God's own heart" and yet his hands were stained with the blood of his enemies. I don't want to promote violence and yet I don't know what proper balance within our current world would look like. Jesus did teach us to be humble and meek and yet even he made a whip of cords and drove the money changers out of the temple ( although it is not recorded that he struck anyone). All I can do is ask to be guided in the way by those powers that are purer and greater than I.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Since this thread is about feelings let's see if this creates the same good feelings in you people as it did me. I had tears in my eyes listening to this.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join