It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Renowned genetics expert claims to have found proof on Adam and Eve existence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

originally posted by: danielsil18

originally posted by: danielsil18
a reply to: Frocharocha

These "Scientists" already have their conclusion and are trying to find evidence for it. That's the opposite of what should be done.

So they're not allowed to look for evidence outside of the bible, is that what your saying? Darwin drew his conclusion over 200 years ago, yet there are people still trying to find evidence for it so what's the difference?

I'm not saying that. You also got something else wrong.

Yes Darwin made had some hypotheses but Scientists are not "trying" to find evidence for it.

Scientists are just making discoveries. Some support Darwin and some do not.

Some discoveries support his conclusion of Natural Selection while others don't agree with him like the building blocks of life. Darwin thought that the building blocks of life were the cells, but now we know it's DNA.

Ok, fair enough on Darwin. But since know or at least think we know it's DNA why is it that our own DNA can be found in trees, rice, animals, plants, and fungi. So the question is which one did we come from?

That's why I tend to believe in limitations to Earthly DNA & genetic coding rather than direct or distant relationships.

Makes much more sense than speciation, in my opinion.

I have to correct you, speciation is the wrong term you are looking for, I used to make the same mistake.

You should be using a term like cross-genus. Since genus is where the current boundaries lie.

Speciation can be as simple as adaptation, while losing the ability to procreate with the original species.

I am a creationist also. I believe the boundaries lie somewhere in the class-phylum range.

edit on 30-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

Does not scripture allude to Adam being formed from clay or mud? Do trees, rice, plants, animals not all either grow in soils or consume organics that originate from soil, with water, hence mud, or clay? One big DNA chain? My question is, does consuming or having been grown from a single source of life able nutrients, proteins, chemicals, elements make all organic life DNA heritage add up? I think yes. I can see how it's all connected, we all came from the formless void, which held all pieces seperately, then the great mix via the seperation of the waters, like Genesis tries to explain. Timeline? Who knows...but if you accept that the Earth in Genesis could also mean matter, then you add water....that is the mud or clay all things come from according to Genesis. Matter formed out of the void, whichmwas formless until, "Let There Be Light" and the seperation of the waters, the Spirit hovering over the void, remember? It is all there in Genesis, just interpretation is lacking.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

"...a common ancestor."

That somehow birthed not only an ape, but also a human...

Preposterous, I agree.

& this is more believable than Young Earth Creationism how?

Indeed, it would be just as miraculous.

But it is not what the theory of evolution tells us.

Why don't you learn what it does tell us before shooting off opinions like dud bullets?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Laz doesn't care to debate, but remember everybody that DNA does not know how to lie.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I don't really even want to dig into what support this claim of "Renowned". I suspect itll be special interest Christian groups that hold her in high esteem, with the remaining body of science holding her in contempt.

That aside, there is nothing to comment on other than speculating on what her data might be. Because I just see claims and jargon.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Darwin drew his conclusion over 200 years ago

Another expert on evolutionary theory gives us his valuable opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

If we share 99% of the DNA then why can't we mate with them?

Who says we can't?

Not my cup of tea, personally, but whatever floats your boat.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

And what are the building blocks of DNA?

Atoms Protons & Electrons?

Or...

APEs?

The answer you haven't a hope of knowing is 'purines and pyramidines'.

Learn some biochemistry

edit on 31/7/15 by Astyanax because: of idiots.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Hell our own DNA can be found in trees, rice, animals, plants, and fungi.

Trees and rice are plants.

Fungi are animals.

DNA is found in all living things.

Human DNA is found only in human beings.

DNA and genes are not the same thing

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

it's been awhile since I was baffled.

Not knowing enough to understand the question isn't quite the same thing as knowing the answer.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Given the credentials (e.g. "a molecular geneticist from Answers in Genesis), er, mail-order degree, I am calling BS.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

We didn't come from spes, we ARE apes. We share a common ancestor with ALL living things.

Tell me, do you or do you not accept the results of paternity tests?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

From the article in the OP, Dr. Purdom's words:

"But the Bible's language is clear that Adam and Eve were real people. Their historical existence and fall into sin are foundational to the gospel of Jesus Christ. In addition, the science of genetics—including human and chimp comparisons, mitochondrial and Y chromosome DNA, and human genetic variation—confirms and is consistent with the fact that all humans have descended from an original couple specifically created by God as described in Genesis,"

I don't understand why some prefer to believe we descend form an incestous family instead of evolution....

And if we all came from one woman and one man, how do you explain the incredible variety of ethnic groups and distinguishing features we see in the human race?

edit on 31-7-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

And what are the building blocks of DNA?

Atoms Protons & Electrons?

Or...

APEs?

The answer you haven't a hope of knowing is 'purines and pyramidines'.

Learn some biochemistry

Not only do you not understand a joke, but perhaps you should refrain from labelling people idiots because you assumed what they know of the TOE & DNA/genetic coding.

It does you a disservice.

Then again most TOE pushers who believe in flesh and blood transformers do usually have that arrogant air of supremacy about them, as if what they're talking about cannot be comprehended by the opposition.

It can, and it's full of holes...
Dud bullets indeed.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

flesh and blood transformers 

It's hard (if not impossible) to not assume someone knows nothing on the TOE when they post such nonsense.

However it shows that there is something to be said on the comedic value of Creationists.

edit on 31-7-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Your source is a biased christian website that interviewed a "scientist" from Answers in Genesis and didn't source any of the claims within then proceeds to strawman attack evolution. Yea, your source is terrible.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

"...a common ancestor."

That somehow birthed not only an ape, but also a human...

Fantastic.

& this is more believable than Young Earth Creationism how?

Both "theories" are absolute piss.

Hooray for creationist straw mans! This has to be sarcastic based on your other posts in this thread

Yeah considering the source for this is christiannews.com I'm not buying it. Where's the science and the research?

So in other words since it came from a christian site it's garbage right? So if it was a non-christian writer posting this on a non-christian website you would bite then huh? Probably not though, after all this is just impossible ant it?

It's the fact that the article provided no link to any research paper or science whatsoever. That should be a huge hint.

But there is human DNA in trees right? Where did that come from?

How is it that a guy named Real Truth Seeker NEVER researches anything that he talks about? It's not human DNA. It is common DNA. Stop being so intellectually dishonest. You can't seek truth without learning both sides of the situation. You refuse to acknowledge anything that conflicts with your religion.
edit on 31-7-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Even the Molecular Geneticist on staff at AIG has no citations or actual research to support her positions on science. Here's a good example of her massive cognitive dissonance and absolutist confirmation biases that show that despite having a doctorate, she uses no science whatsoever when actually discussing science or its applications to her theological worldview. It's actually a bit disturbing when you get right down to it.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

flesh and blood transformers 

It's hard (if not impossible) to not assume someone knows nothing on the TOE when they post such nonsense.

However it shows that there is something to be said on the comedic value of Creationists.

Flesh and blood transformers is as genuine a definition as "invisible sky fairies" and "a magic man in the clouds"...

But that's fair game right?
Amarite?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Dr. Georgia Purdom, a molecular geneticist from Answers in Genesis

That's what I figured.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join