It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walter Palmer, the infamous lion killer. Be afraid, be very afraid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Just YT the name Walter Palmer and this is what I found

***************WARNING GRAPHIC LANGUAGE*******************

And this is just one guy you know of Walter. Don't forget about all the ones you don't.
Sleep well.

P.S
This internet thingy is really starting to pay off. Nothing like public shaming in full force.
tsk tsk tsk

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Why would he be ashamed?

You know that without the money these hunting expeditions bring in, there likely wouldn't even be any lions left.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
As much as I think Walter Palmer is a disgusting excuse of a human, this guy is maybe a little overboard and seems to be off his meds.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Thanks, I needed that today. That was hilliario!!! Talk about some roid rage, I couldn't tell if he was about to start laughing or was going to head butt the camera. He seemed a little ambivalent to say the least.
edit on 30-7-2015 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
Just YT the name Walter Palmer and this is what I found

***************WARNING GRAPHIC LANGUAGE*******************

And this is just one guy you know of Walter. Don't forget about all the ones you don't.
Sleep well.

P.S
This internet thingy is really starting to pay off. Nothing like public shaming in full force.
tsk tsk tsk

I disagree with what he did but when did harrassment and threats solve anything. One idiot brings the rest out of the woodwork.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

sigh, I'm having that debate in another thread. That argument is so full of holes I can throw my computer through it

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

He should have, then step back and keep talking with blood coming out of his head. lol now that would be psycho.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

well I guess that should kinda make everyone think twice about stupidity.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Ya they get plenty of money outside of that.

I get the conservationism angle, but when animals that are getting close to becoming extent are getting killed, it falls on it's face.

animals.nationalgeographic.com...

We are losing our wildlife at to fast of a rate.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
#theghostofcicil

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

sigh, I'm having that debate in another thread. That argument is so full of holes I can throw my computer through it

How, the game preserves are directly funded by them.

Meaning, that the money for the security that protects them from poachers comes from trophy hunting.

More poachers get killed every year by those security guys than lions get trophy hunted in 10 years.

Without the security, lions would be like the black rhino.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Something I consider OK you may think is stupid. Should my family fear because of it?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I get the conservationism angle, but when animals that are getting close to becoming extent are getting killed, it falls on it's face.

I won't deny that, I agree.

But this idiocy of applauding some idiot for threatening a guy for a perfectly legal act, that he paid a lot of money to do, that the country he did it in really needs, is batshot crazy.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I won't deny that, I agree.

But this idiocy of applauding some idiot for threatening a guy for a perfectly legal act, that he paid a lot of money to do, that the country he did it in really needs, is batshot crazy.

Agreed

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Something I consider OK you may think is stupid. Should my family fear because of it?

And we have ATSers applauding it........

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I didn't watch the video because I got the gist of it from posters, but I agree if he is threatening the guy it is uncalled for.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick
a reply to: FlySolo

You know that without the money these hunting expeditions bring in, there likely wouldn't even be any lions left.

Well technically that isn't true, tourism safaris for big game brings in waaaaaaaay more money.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Money goes to the big game farmers( Predominately white fyi), the gov, then about 5% back to civilians. Locals can not even hunt for their own needs yet big rich white tycoons can come down and bag a rhino? Then there's the interbreeding thing and many many others.
I can go on.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Today, trophy hunting takes place in 23 sub-Saharan African nations, generating over $200 million and attracting over 18,000 clients each year. That’s money spent in the economies of multiple African nations directly pegged to the continuing presence of big game animals. It’s a large economic incentive for conservation of these species. And it’s growing.

The explosive growth in South Africa is largely due to ranch land that had been dedicated to livestock being given over to game ranching. Elephants and lions are now worth more to landowners than cows and chickens.

Because a hunter like Walt Palmer is prepared to fly over and pay someone a large sum of money to kill a big, endangered critter, an economic opportunity attached to that critter is created. So, an enterprising individual will do anything from breeding to fostering to protecting and/or providing a habitat for a population of those critters. In order for that economic opportunity to last and for the investment to pay off, many more critters need to be added than the Walts of this world can ever kill. And because Walt and his pals want prime examples of that critter hanging on their trophy room walls, those critters need to be happy, healthy and wild. Yes, Walt will kill some of them, but many more will be able to go about their happy, healthy, wild lives as a result.

Does anyone think that the ranch owners are forgoing raising cows and chickens in lieu of animals that could kill them out of the kindness of their hearts?

Game ranches have reached an equivalent total area to national parks in South Africa, effectively doubling the land on which large animals have to grow and roam.

What kind of animals do people think will be raised on that land if hunters stop coming and paying to hunt?

indefinitelywild

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I think you might have missed the memo. This was far from a legal act. As stupid as trophy hunting is, what he/and/or his handlers did to lure is abhorrent. Palmer is wanted for poaching you do know?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join