It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIS T60s

page: 1

join
share:
RAB

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Various sources indicate that Sukhoi, since the late 1980s, has had an advanced, supersonic intermediate range "Joint Continental Bomber" under development. Information that has surfaced to date indicates the aircraft is to replace the Tupolev Tu-22M during the first decade of the next century. It apparently incorporates low-observables technology and is powered by two state-of-the-art turbofan engines in an aft mounting above the fuselage.

The aircraft is quipped with canards, just ahead of a chined delta wing. Little else has surfaced concerning this aircraft. The status of the full-scale development is unknown. The design may be capable of supercruise at Mach 2, with engines possibly equipped with two-dimensional thrust vectoring nozzles to solve the problem of insufficient area of horizontal control surfaces at high speeds encountered during the T-4MS development effort. The aircraft was intended to replace the current fleet of Tu-22M supersonic bombers, although this project has probably been deferred.

Source: www.lowobservable.com...

Would love to see the russians finish a large project like this to give the russian aircarft industry a nice boost. And I think it would be very nice for the UK to re-obtain a heavy strike capacity.

As i do feel the the current MOD force mix reallys on to many sub based tomahawks and the Storm Shadow has really got the range or the speed for snap strikes.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
So, basically a huge EF-Typhoon with inverted intakes and an internal bay?

Wait, lets somehow toss Sukhoi out of business!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Some good info on that page, I enjoyed looking down it. One thing I never realised was that the Typhoon RCS is about 1/5 that of an F-16. Thats pretty cool.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The Sukhoi T-60S project from the early 1980s never left the drawing board, and its designer, Oleg Samoylovich, departed the Sukhoi OKB and joined the Mikoyan-Gurevich OKB in 1985, taking the T-60S design with him and using it as the basis for the Mikoyan-Gurevich izdeliye 701 long-range interceptor project that would have been a follow-on the the MiG-31. Like the T-60S, however, the MiG izdeliye 701 was never built. Sukhoi continued design studies in the late 1980s and early 1990s for a Tu-22M and Su-24 follow-on, the Object 54 and 54S supersonic bomber/missile strike aircraft, but these designs also remained paper projects.

Although a few online sources claim that the T-60S was codenamed NOVO-C by the DoD, there is no evidence whatsoever to support these rumors. According to the Secret Projects forum, NOVO-C may have been the aerodynamic model codenamed SIB-A by the DoD because the SibNIA is located in Novosibirsk, Siberia.

new topics

top topics

join